Any risk with taking dopamine agonist? (Ropinirole)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
SeanHere

Any risk with taking dopamine agonist? (Ropinirole)

Unread post by SeanHere »

Hello guys,
Ive just received my shipment of Ropinirole (0.25mg)
I've posted on the old forum before about my symptoms, but Ill post it again

Symptoms:
Numb penis (no sexual feeling there whatsoever)
Almost no sex drive when Im by myself
Sometimes I have weak erection when I have sex

I am able to get erections when I am engaging in sexual activities, but my sessions usually dont last for more than 30 minutes

It is very strange because on the outside, I seem to function as a person with no sexual problems.
But I actually have very minimal sexual pleasure when I have sex, and my erection qualities are not that good.

I decided to order some Ropinirole. Before I start it, I want to know if there are any negative side effects to taking them if I just start off with 0.5mg/day?
Will this even help the symptoms I have? Are there any withdrawal effects?

Thanks!
cyrus91

Re: Any risk with taking dopamine agonist? (Ropinirole)

Unread post by cyrus91 »

For myself Ropinirole had no side effects to speak off, in fact it had no effect at all good or bad, I discontinued it about 14 months ago . And no, I had no form of DAWS or discontinuation syndrome at all. It is up in the cupboard next to my leftover bottles of Piracetam, Choline, Huperzine A, Zinc, L- Tyrosine, Selenium, Terazosin (alpha blocker), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride/Vitamin B and Omega 3s :) Not all at once of course, I started with Piracetam about 20 months ago. As for Requip I had no problem convincing my Dr. to give it to me for PSSD and I too had 0.25 mg tablets but I cannot remember what dose I topped out at. I seem to think I was taking 2 tablets 3 times a day at the end but I cannot say for sure, you should check dosages out for yourself. I really should start keeping a journal of my attempted treatments just in case God forbid this go on long enough that I decide to try them again and therefore I can look back at what exact dosage I tried.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

SeanHere wrote:Hello guys,
Ive just received my shipment of Ropinirole (0.25mg)
I've posted on the old forum before about my symptoms, but Ill post it again

Symptoms:
Numb penis (no sexual feeling there whatsoever)
Almost no sex drive when Im by myself
Sometimes I have weak erection when I have sex

I am able to get erections when I am engaging in sexual activities, but my sessions usually dont last for more than 30 minutes

It is very strange because on the outside, I seem to function as a person with no sexual problems.
But I actually have very minimal sexual pleasure when I have sex, and my erection qualities are not that good.

I decided to order some Ropinirole. Before I start it, I want to know if there are any negative side effects to taking them if I just start off with 0.5mg/day?
Will this even help the symptoms I have? Are there any withdrawal effects?

Thanks!
Should help in theory through dopamine. Probably could help with all three of those things. I have similar symptoms at the moment. My girl doesn't even know about my PSSD and is always surprised how long I can last, and it's because my dick is partially numb, and my erections aren't what they used to be. I guess I'd keep trying things, and also suggest focusing on making the girl happy. I get pleasure from knowing that my girl is enjoying sex and that means more than just your dick.

I think someone who has taken this long-term would have better knowledge of what coming off the drug is like. I'd search around the internet and get some personal experience on the experience. That's something I wish I would have done before SSRI, and probably better than anything the Phara company could say about withdrawing.

Finally, I'd suggest getting into better shape if you aren't already. I'm dedicating myself to get in the best possible shape, and that will naturally help Testosterone and Dopamine levels. It's all these small things that can add up to bring back much of your quality of life.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
SeanHere

Ghost wrote: Should help in theory through dopamine. Probably could help with all three of those things. I have similar symptoms at the moment. My girl doesn't even know about my PSSD and is always surprised how long I can last, and it's because my dick is partially numb, and my erections aren't what they used to be. I guess I'd keep trying things, and also suggest focusing on making the girl happy. I get pleasure from knowing that my girl is enjoying sex and that means more than just your dick.

I think someone who has taken this long-term would have better knowledge of what coming off the drug is like. I'd search around the internet and get some personal experience on the experience. That's something I wish I would have done before SSRI, and probably better than anything the Phara company could say about withdrawing.

Finally, I'd suggest getting into better shape if you aren't already. I'm dedicating myself to get in the best possible shape, and that will naturally help Testosterone and Dopamine levels. It's all these small things that can add up to bring back much of your quality of life.
Have you found anything that actually helps with the numb penis symptom? Its been almost 3 years and I wish there was a fix for it already...
SeanHere

Started Day 1 of Requip.
0.5mg / day
Really felt nothing all day, maybe stronger erections, but still nothing in the numb penis department...
How long of a trial should I give it? I would really love to be able to fix this numb penis problem.
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

It takes a week or two to really kick in all the way. How are you doing now?
SeanHere

Sonny wrote:It takes a week or two to really kick in all the way. How are you doing now?
It actually made me have slight anhedonia and caused me to be depressed more often... even though I was taking 0.25mg at night it seemed to have made my mental states worse.
I can confirm that it did make my erections much stronger, but still have anorgasmia and numb penis. I gave it a 10 day trial.
Would you suggest I hop back on it and give it a month's trial?
I am not sure if having anhedonia is good for me because I am currently in a relationship and it seems to make me care less about it, and I dont want to do that to her.
Is it supposed to make you feel worse before having positive effects regarding my sexual troubles and mental state?
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

SeanHere wrote:
Sonny wrote:It takes a week or two to really kick in all the way. How are you doing now?
It actually made me have slight anhedonia and caused me to be depressed more often... even though I was taking 0.25mg at night it seemed to have made my mental states worse.
I can confirm that it did make my erections much stronger, but still have anorgasmia and numb penis. I gave it a 10 day trial.
I am not sure if having anhedonia is good for me because I am currently in a relationship and it seems to make me care less about it, and I dont want to do that to her.
Is it supposed to make you feel worse before having positive effects regarding my sexual troubles and mental state?
That's odd. I never heard of anyone having that reaction to it. 10 days is long enough. It sounds like it won't work for you.
SeanHere

Sonny wrote:
SeanHere wrote:
That's odd. I never heard of anyone having that reaction to it. 10 days is long enough. It sounds like it won't work for you.
What do you suggest I try next? I did try a pretty low dose... only 0.25mg a night
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

SeanHere wrote: What do you suggest I try next? I did try a pretty low dose... only 0.25mg a night
Oh, well that's too low to know anything about it. try .5mg twice a day.