Does excessive masturbation hurt your recovery?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
snappsack09

Does excessive masturbation hurt your recovery?

Unread post by snappsack09 »

I don't know anything about neuroscience. I am wondering if masturbating all the time could somehow hurt or stall your recovery. Although I have never really been a vigorous masturbator, I have taken to fapping multiple times a day to "test" my PSSD. For me, orgasmic dysfunction is my worst symptom, and I fap just to see where I'm at. But I wonder sometimes if it would help me to stop fapping. Since I started fapping so often I have felt extremely drained sexually.
tigerbloodforever

Re: Does excessive masturbation hurt your recovery?

Unread post by tigerbloodforever »

Yes absolutely excessive masturbation will stop your recovery.

I got PFS from taking saw palmetto which is a 5ar inhibitor like propecia and accutane. There are a lot of similarities with PSSD and PFS.

Semen retention( reducing ejaculations to 2 times a month) along with exercise, meditation, diet and daily hot baths to heat up my kidneys is my recovery program.

Check out my site to see my story in full along with my program and progress i have made so far.

http://www.5arinhibitorhelp.com/

Try my program for 1 month as a trial and see if it works for you. After an initial shot of Testosterone, my progress so far is pretty much all natural therapies that are free and do not have any side effects.

Try no fap, daily hot baths, meditation, light cardio exercise and healthy food, no alcohol, no spicy food, no caffeine and keep sugar to a min.

If this produces some positive results for you, then keep doing it.
snappsack09

It’s interesting you say that. I took Curcumin for a couple months trying to help my PSSD but it ended up making things much worse. Apparently Curcumin is also a 5ar inhibitor. So I’ve probably experienced something like a combination of PSSD and PFS. When I initially went off the curcumin, my sexuality was completely dead.

It’s been a little over a month since I went off the curcumin, and things have improved about 50% to my baseline PSSD state. I was seriously worried I would be dead down there forever. Orgasms are still mostly screwed up and libido still low. I don’t know anything about saw palmetto but since it seems like a supp you can buy at the store maybe it isn’t as strong as Finasteride? How long did you take saw palmetto, how long are you off it now? How much improvement have you seen?
tigerbloodforever

Read my story in full at my website, it is a few pages long but it will tell you everything about my story from the start right to the present moment.

http://www.5arinhibitorhelp.com/
snappsack09

I read it. So you're still recovering from the Saw Palmetto after 4 years? This is why I no longer experiment with random supplements to treat my PSSD. You don't expect something you could buy at GNC could do that kind of damage. The curcumin just crushed my libido. Really hoping I'll be back to baseline PSSD state in a month or two. I already do acupuncture but I'm going to give nofap a try.
tigerbloodforever

Yeah, when i took the Saw Palmetto, it caused me to have 3 or 4 endocrine crashes and each crash sent me back a few years. If I had went straight to the doctor and got a T shot after my erections disappeared, then i would be better by now. I put that off for a while and kept doing my program as i had been doing before. Big mistake. My advice is to get a single T shot as a precaution before you start the program just in case you have the same issue as me.

I have progressed a lot since this all began, i can now have sex without medication, sleep good at night, mood improved, energy levels better but it looks like i wont be getting fully recovered for a while yet.
I am near the end of the second stage of recovery. This is the longest part, the next stage will be less than 6 months and i now know what to do right. I have learned by every mistake that i have made and i made quite a few.

Get the T shot as a precaution and let it be fully absorbed into your body, do not fap or try and have sex if your body starts responding. Let it correct the imbalance if you have one. This was stage 1 for me. More crashes equals more time and if you do not have an imbalance then a single shot of T is not going to cause your body any harm.

If my program works for you, it will start producing spontaneous erections daily, good morning wood, improvement of mood, it will be pretty apparent in a short period of time, in a few weeks.

Daily hot baths, daily meditation ( at least 1 hour ), mild cardio exercise and diet.

See how it goes for you.

Good luck,

If you have any questions just ask.

Chat later.
Ciprofloxacin

Unread post by Ciprofloxacin »

Interesting to see someone living similar experiences. Yes, curcumin made me way worse. like you. Also the coffe or caffeine is another thing you should stay away.

I have also used saw_palmetto. It’s the second biggest mistake I did after than prozac.

@tigerbloodforever

Could something be done if the hormone test shows that I have low dht or something different than?
mxh

Unread post by mxh »

Doing it has no (permanent) influence at all, as the causes are also not so simply related to that. (I merely mention "permanent" as there is always a natural change to it for a few days and so on. It's no different in relation to that or anything else. And in fact the period that caused it was basically "#NoFap" by necessity.)
tigerbloodforever

Ciprofloxacin wrote:Interesting to see someone living similar experiences. Yes, curcumin made me way worse. like you. Also the coffe or caffeine is another thing you should stay away.

I have also used saw_palmetto. It’s the second biggest mistake I did after than prozac.

@tigerbloodforever

Could something be done if the hormone test shows that I have low dht or something different than?
The Single shot of Testosterone was to correct the hormonal imbalance created by Saw Palmetto, if i did not correct it and just did my program, i would have crash after crash after crash. Each crash just kept putting back farther and farther.

Once i took the T shot , the crashes stopped and my baseline of mood and relaxation was better.

My hormone test stated that my T was a little low but not crazy low.

Check out my site http://www.5arinhibitorhelp.com/

where i talk about the 3 stages of my recovery. The T shot was to get out of stage 1 and into stage 2 which i call the estrogen clearing stage. In this stage i have seen my daily spontaneous erections grow in strength , frequency and duration, my orgasm return along with my penis sensitivity and baseline of mood and relaxation improve dramatically. Also my sleep is a lot better and deeper.

The sole purpose of taking the T shot is to stop the crashes ( if you are getting them ). After the T shot the real work begins, daily meditation, hot baths , cardio exercise , diet and stress minimization. Stage 3 for me will take about 6 months or so. Stage 2 is taking me years because i had so many crashes, more crashes equals more time.

So i really think it is a good idea for everyone simply as a precaution to take a single shot of T, just in case they are in that imbalance/crashing stage which i call stage 1.

Check out my site as i go into more detail on everything that has happened so far.

I would not start my daily program without taking the T shot first, the risk/reward ratio is just not worth it. I do not think that a single shot of T will cause too many problems for people and if you are worried about taking one just go talk with your doctor.

I do not think that a doctor would refuse anyone a single shot of T who is in this situation if they said they wanted it to try and reset their hormones.

Remember there is a lot more to this recovery than getting a shot by a doctor.

My understanding of my condition ( pfs ) is that it takes along time to get better and is labor intensive in terms of the daily exercise, meditation, diet, hot baths or saunas that you have to take.

People need to realize that there is not a miracle pill or shot that will get them better instantaneously , it is a recovery that they need to consistently and slowly work on.

All of my improvements mentally, physically and sexually have taken time and effort on my part. After the T shot, i took no medications or supplements. All of my improvements to date came from natural therapies meditation, relaxation, hot baths for the kidneys, diet and exercise.
snappsack09

Ciproflaxin, are you sure you haven't improved at all since the Curcumin? How long ago did you take it and for how long/what dose? I haven't read of any other accounts of permanent sexual dysfunction from curcumin. I have read of people taking months to recover from it though. Perhaps the physiology of someone with PSSD is different, so it takes longer to recover. I've definitely improved but not back to baseline PSSD. By the way, I took a curcumin supplement that had bioperine to increase absorption. Turns out black pepper is a 5ar inhibitor as well! So it could have been a combination of curumin and black pepper that killed my libido. Double whammy.