Ndma antagonists!!! - Jdunn8989 OP

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Moloch

Ndma antagonists!!! - Jdunn8989 OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Jdunn8989 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:31 am
So I don't really have any issues related to pssd. I'm not really sure if I ever did. My story is posted on this forum. Anyway, even though I do not suffer from pssd anymore I thought it might be useful to share this information with you guys who are suffering with this awful side effect. Maybe it will be useless, but possibly not. I was researching ways to slow/reduce tolerance to benzos and I came across a very hot topic. Supposedly Ndma antagonists are very useful at reducing/slowing tolerance to most drugs including benzos. The mechanism isn't completely understood, but there is a lot of proof about them being able to upregulate d2 and d3 receptors, as well as GABA receptors. Now what I came across that may be useful to you people would be ndma antagonists ability to also upregulate 5ht1a receptors. I believe I read that somewhere. Also that they can act as a reset on the cns. I will paste a long thread from blue light below showing a lot of what I have found. Ndma antagonists-Memantine(prob the best option for you guys), Ketamine(studies being done as a fast acting antidepressant) Dextromorphan( im sure a little scary because of its effects on serotonin), Magnesium(not very effective it seems)... I hope this will be useful to you guys good luck.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/5018 ... al-reports
Moloch

Re: Ndma antagonists!!! - Jdunn8989 OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Sonny on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:54 am
Memantine is the only safe and effective one. However it doesn't do anything for PSSD. It does help OCD a little. The cost/benefit makes it one I no longer use, but if you have lots of money, then why not.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Moloch wrote:Jdunn8989 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:31 am
So I don't really have any issues related to pssd. I'm not really sure if I ever did. My story is posted on this forum. Anyway, even though I do not suffer from pssd anymore I thought it might be useful to share this information with you guys who are suffering with this awful side effect. Maybe it will be useless, but possibly not. I was researching ways to slow/reduce tolerance to benzos and I came across a very hot topic. Supposedly Ndma antagonists are very useful at reducing/slowing tolerance to most drugs including benzos. The mechanism isn't completely understood, but there is a lot of proof about them being able to upregulate d2 and d3 receptors, as well as GABA receptors. Now what I came across that may be useful to you people would be ndma antagonists ability to also upregulate 5ht1a receptors. I believe I read that somewhere. Also that they can act as a reset on the cns. I will paste a long thread from blue light below showing a lot of what I have found. Ndma antagonists-Memantine(prob the best option for you guys), Ketamine(studies being done as a fast acting antidepressant) Dextromorphan( im sure a little scary because of its effects on serotonin), Magnesium(not very effective it seems)... I hope this will be useful to you guys good luck.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/5018 ... al-reports
I take Magnesium every night 400mg for sleep, and have since SSRI. I actually started it the week after SSRI treatment. So I don't know if that could play into anything...but maybe! My PSSD doesn't seem to be the most severe case ever, so maybe that helps a bit.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
ssinus

Unread post by ssinus »

I have tried Memantine for 5 days 5mg and it just made my penis more numb, erection also worsened - not sure whether someone had better experience with it. Its a 2 weeks already since I discontinued and it didn't get better. On the other hand I experienced sexual dreams first 2 days in a row which didn't happen before during PSSD - probably placebo, not sure though.