The future of the forum

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Moloch

The future of the forum

Unread post by Moloch »

Ghost

Re: Forum shutdown

Unread post by Ghost »

Moloch wrote:Dear all, I will not be renewing hosting for this site next year. Unless an arrangement can be reached with another forum member to take over hosting duties (I am not even sure how that would work), the forum will be shut down. I don't want any of you to lose the information that has been gathered here so I'm more than willing to take direction on how to preserve the content and transfer it to someone else who wants to start a similar forum.

Moloch
I'm sure that we will find a way to get it to continue. Hopefully there will be no interruption in forum activity. I'll assure everyone here that I will do all that I can to help save all of our information.

At some point, this info needs to be moved to the site that sonny and I are working on. Maybe this forum changing over will give some people the motivation to help me.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Coraggio

Unread post by Coraggio »

Please don' t close this forum. It' s the biggest pssd forum data in the world. We have a lot of infos here that needs to be connected in order to find new ways to heal. It's the biggest community of patients who are alone in their own life. It' s the best shelter when you lose your hope and when you need to find someonelse with your story. This forum is still the best way to ask directly to an other patient. Please let us find a way the reamain on this forum!! Moloch, if you are not more free to stay on the top of this forum, is there a possibility to replace your role?
sadKeanu

Unread post by sadKeanu »

Last edited by sadKeanu on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSSD Lexapro 2016-Present
theloneranger86

Unread post by theloneranger86 »

its so cheap to renew domains and hosting these days. Im ready to bear the cost
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

As I have said before, this forum could easily have saved my life in the early stages of PSSD. It's important that it continues and that its information is preserved. If the problem is money, I'm sure that a lot could be raised very quickly...

I think that we should try to keep the same domain if at all possible. I can back up all of the information as well.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Hi guys, your responses have prompted me to reconsider. Yes the hosting is not terribly expensive but I am currently between jobs and money is tight. The site is hosted by dreamhost shared hosting, which is:

Monthly – $10.95/month
1 year – $119.40 (breaks down to $9.95/month)
2 year – $214.80 (breaks down to $8.95/month)
3 year – $286.20 (breaks down to $7.95/month)
5 year – $417.00 (breaks down to $6.95/month)
10 year – $714.00 (breaks down to $5.95/month)

I initially paid for the 2 year plan which expires around the 20th January. The domain costs $13.95/year I believe.

Perhaps I could look into getting a donate button on the site. Just 50 cents from everyone would almost cover a 1 year subscription plus the domain cost. I'd disable the button when the amount had been reached. Thoughts?

Coraggio, I'm not involved with the day to day running of the site, I have pretty much given up on a cure for myself but I still lurk and read many of your stories. I agree that the community brings a degree of comfort and makes you feel less alone in your suffering.

Moloch
Foxx

Unread post by Foxx »

Moloch wrote: Monthly – $10.95/month
1 year – $119.40 (breaks down to $9.95/month)
2 year – $214.80 (breaks down to $8.95/month)
3 year – $286.20 (breaks down to $7.95/month)
5 year – $417.00 (breaks down to $6.95/month)
10 year – $714.00 (breaks down to $5.95/month)
120$ as a price for one's life seems to be very small amount. I can pay for a year.

This forum saved my life and I guess not only mine. I can hardly imagine where I could have been without this site.
sjv16477

Unread post by sjv16477 »

There are a lot of hosting service that allow you to do a forum for free, one is forumfree.it
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

sjv16477, the reason I opted for paid hosting is that the free forum sites can ban forums on a whim for activities which breach their terms of service (which the discussion of certain drugs would fall under). That's what happened to the original version of this forum created by Sonny, which this forum was modeled after. This seems less likely to happen with paid hosting.

Foxx, I don't expect anyone to cover the entire cost on their own.

Moloch