fever

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
iggy131313

Re: fever

Unread post by iggy131313 »

I cant find the exact study as it was 2 years ago my friend had flu and all symptoms went away...we were looking for reasons..but here are a few links that point to the same thing

http://www.futurity.org/flu-funk-may-ha ... epression/

http://www.yourmindyourbody.org/why-the ... feel-blue/

http://evolutionarypsychiatry.blogspot. ... to-do.html
pete

Unread post by pete »

iggy131313 wrote:my friend had flu and all symptoms went away...
was it permanent?
iggy131313

Unread post by iggy131313 »

no, for the duration of the flu only
wanteHope

Unread post by wanteHope »

Hello
Does anybody have lack of sensation of warm and cold?
I see a symptom of my pssd when i drink hot coffee my tongue was burn but i don't differenciate température level now :(
Same when i take a shower.
Is it part of pssd?
xptriado

Unread post by xptriado »

Last edited by xptriado on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fasttrack1982

Unread post by fasttrack1982 »

xptriado: do yous suffer from PSSD? I agree its important to compare the symptoms of pssd sufferers to Post Finasteride, and Accute Suffers. There may be commonaliities that can teach us something. Have you found any other common ground, other than sleep deprivation, and possibly the flu reducing symptoms?
xptriado

Unread post by xptriado »

Last edited by xptriado on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
praisera

Unread post by praisera »

fasttrack1982 wrote:xptriado: do yous suffer from PSSD? I agree its important to compare the symptoms of pssd sufferers to Post Finasteride, and Accute Suffers. There may be commonaliities that can teach us something. Have you found any other common ground, other than sleep deprivation, and possibly the flu reducing symptoms?
Accutane reduces transcription of 5ar type 1 and 3b-hsd many fold, competitively inhibits some forms of 3a-HSD, and the receptor that one of Acdutane's metabolites binds to (RXR receptor) dimerizes with androgen receptor, thereby reducing transcription of AR target genes.

Many SSRI's drastically increase the reductive activity of 3a-HSD (DHT -> 3a-diol and DHP -> allopregnanolone), while inhibiting their oxidative activity (Allopregnanolone -> DHP and 3a-diol -> DHT) of the same enzymes, leading to a deficiency of DHT in effected cells.

Bottom line: Fin, Accutane, and SSRI's all reduce intracellular DHT via different mechanisms.

I am suffering from PFS since 2012 and i am on this board to collaborate research and make common links between these syndromes. This topic is interesting because i get full remission from having a flu. This tells me there is some sort of immune dysregulation going on that is possibly preventing gene homeostasis.

Also so far 100% of PFS guys that have tested have bad methylation SNPs and also zero lactobacilli in their gut. We also had a guy that used finasteride and quit without any problems do a genetic test and he came back as the best test we have ever seen.

A PSSD guy is claiming to have recovered on methamphetamine on reddit. THere was PFS guy that had this, also a PFS guy recovered on an opioid withdrawl. Possible brain receptor resetting? who knows.

The mechanism of action for these conditions is going to be very very similar and a new field of medical science.
I am suffering from Post Finasteride Syndrome since 2012. I am on this board to research into the possible mechanisms behind PSSD and PFS and the potential relationship between these two debilitating conditions.
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

I've noticed that. Not sure what the deal is. Maybe it makes the 5HT1A more sensitive to the inhibition, or maybe it increase the amount of serotonin on the presynaptic side, or maybe it isn't able to release as much serotonin into the synapse going to the heteroresepter. It could also make dopamine receptors less sensitive to serotonin, so dopamine output isn't inhibited as much. So many possibilities.
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

sorry for this act of forum necromancery but i tought id spare the merging to the forum admins:
ive recently had a flu up to 39 degree with some sort of throat infection - it lasted 4 days and now its over, i sweated a lot. all in all kinda common.

i realized that i feel so much better than before now. my brainfog is much improved and, most of all, my energy levels are really up. i could jump out of bed straight away and started the day positively. this has not happened in a long long time. i realize now that in a couple of past episodes ive also felt much better in conjunction with some nights of nightsweats. once was this summer, where i misteriously had strange nightsweats, and one was like 5 years ago, when being back from a tropical vacation i got sick. Ive always tried to analyze that period to deconstruct what might have happened that made me feel so energized, and i tought it was because i was taking antifungals due to some fungis i had catchet on my feet. but now i recall i had been sick too, included night sweats.

so fundamentally, tldr:
1- has anyone noticed a marked correlation between fever/nightsweats and improvement of symptoms as energy levels and brainfog/motivation?
2- potential culprit behind this?