For those with severe pssd: Is nothing safe?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
thatonegirlstitch

For those with severe pssd: Is nothing safe?

Post by thatonegirlstitch »

I was put on 9 medications at once. Stupidly quit cold turkey. Got horrible depression and Anxiety. While trying to fix myself I took celexa 10mg and got moderate anhedonia. My doctor trying to fix my depression then put me on Mirtazapine 15mg which made my anhedonia severe where I can not feel hunger or sleep. Is my brain too messed up even to try to fix?

How do you deal with a delicate situation?
chemistry

Re: For those with severe pssd: Is nothing safe?

Post by chemistry »

Im sorry you’re going through this..

How long have you been off everything now? Id recommend seeing if natural recovery happens if its only been a couple months lets say. Id give it 6 months, if you notice any improvements or on/off good days then continue supporting your body with healthy living etc.

If giving it time makes no difference in symptoms then perhaps try different supplements as they tend to be less likely to cause a big crash. At the end of the day everyone is different and you will have to tune in to what makes you better, worse, or does nothing at all. Listen to your body and don’t give up hope that things will get better.
FindGoodNickname

Post by FindGoodNickname »

I use Baclofen because it helps with alcoholism (which I'm suffering from), and it makes falling asleep very easy. But I don't suffer from insomnia from PSSD so I can't say if that would help you as well.
I use 75mg at night. But if you try it, you need to start lower, else you might throw up the first 2 nights.
thatonegirlstitch

Post by thatonegirlstitch »

chemistry wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:11 pm Im sorry you’re going through this..

How long have you been off everything now? Id recommend seeing if natural recovery happens if its only been a couple months lets say. Id give it 6 months, if you notice any improvements or on/off good days then continue supporting your body with healthy living etc.

If giving it time makes no difference in symptoms then perhaps try different supplements as they tend to be less likely to cause a big crash. At the end of the day everyone is different and you will have to tune in to what makes you better, worse, or does nothing at all. Listen to your body and don’t give up hope that things will get better.
Thank you.
I was off celexa for about 2.5 months before they gave me remeron. There was no improvement in those months. Unfortunately I have bad depression so I couldn't completely get of the remeron. Im at 7.5 mg now. I am also on gabapentin 800mg klonopin 0.5mg (both for anxiety) wellbutrin 450mg (can't tell if welbutrin is doing anything). In the last month I got of lithium 900mg and latuda 80mg because my doctor says Im not bipolar.
chemistry

Post by chemistry »

I see, 2.5 months for the normal person is usually enough time for side effects to go away, but for someone with PSSD it's not a long time and its hard to say if symptoms would have stayed the same had you stayed off all meds for longer.

I understand your need to be taking some meds for your mental health, I'm not sure how much the meds you're currently on would be impeding on natural recovery for pssd if that were to ever happen in your case. Sometimes people take remeron and/or wellbutrin for pssd so that should be fine, same with gabapentin and klonopin. Although if the remeron is worsening your anhedonia it might make sense to come off that, maybe talk to your doctor about it. The antipsychotic med might be a concern as well as that can cause similar side effects as SSRIs so just be careful. Buspirone is sometimes taken for pssd as well so that could be a less risky thing to be taking in your situation.