chronic weight gain, please help

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
pssdperson

chronic weight gain, please help

Unread post by pssdperson »

Hi guys, I’m looking for someone who can maybe give me some advise. I’m an 18 y/o female with pssd for over 2 years. Since the onset of my PSSD I have had considerable weight gain, I used to be a very fit person who ran almost every day and since the onset of PSSD I’ve gained which is a symptom that is affecting me mentally a lot. I developed thyroid issues (which don’t get better with thyroid medication) due to the SSRIs along with the debilitating fatigue, neuroendocrine alterations, increased appetite, apathy, all of this is causing me to gain lots of weight. If I could really restore my metabolism and loose some weight I would be less hopeless and suicidal than I am atm but I don’t know what can help me since this condition is very complex and the anhedonia and cognitive impairment is making it extremely difficult to exercise or research what could be wrong with my metabolism.

If I could solve my anhedonia, fatigue and weight gain I would be very happy, sexual side effects aren’t a priority I just want my vitality and figure back :(

Any advise would be much appreciated, thanks a lot
Last edited by pssdperson on Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kpavel

Re: chronic weight gain, please help

Unread post by kpavel »

Hi, exact thing that will help you is difficult to tell. Maybe it's thyroid or cortisol or something else. No magic pill for obesity either. But there are a lot of tips. For example iHerb store must be full of weight loss supplements. You can also read this link https://selfhacked.com/blog/a-comprehen ... se-weight/
As for energy, what helps me is nicotinamide+d-ribose, wheat germ, ginseng. They help with anhedonia as well.
I'm really lean though and never gained fat weight more than 2-3 kg.
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

Your weight gain sounds dramatic. This isn't something you should be trying to research or treat yourself. A doctor would take this very seriously.
alteredhomeostasis

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

Take some adderall, problem solved
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Female here. Same happened to me, weight gain is similar to steroid induced weight gain. It’s terrible the fatigue and weight gain, I know.
Shamanana

Unread post by Shamanana »

Do you know if your T4 is converting effectively into t3? If the weight gain is due to low thyroid function maybe your medication regime is not adequate.