Pssd worse after Antibiotics

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Yellow99

Pssd worse after Antibiotics

Unread post by Yellow99 »

Can somebody please help me.

I had an UTI two months ago and had to take antibiotics. The genital anesthesia got worse. I thought maybe it will get better and return to my baseline but it stayed like that until now. It really bothers me. Before my pssd was also bad but I could still feel a little bit and have a somewhat enjoyable orgasm but now everything feels numb it makes me so frustrated cause I still have some Libido and that drive to want to achieve an orgasm but it takes forever and is completely unsatisfying.

Is there anything that can help with the numbness?

I really need help, I‘m so frustrated right now :cry:
Markc1113

Re: Pssd worse after Antibiotics

Unread post by Markc1113 »

Oddly enough after being pretty stable as far as changes for probably the past year, I had a severe decline. I too had to take antibiotics to prevent a throat infection after puncturing my esophagus with a bone( long story). There may be something to antibiotics and worsening although it makes no sense to me. At first I thought it kinda helped slightly but after about the sixth day I woke up and could not get an erection. By the end of the day I noticed I was more numb as well. I’ve only been off two days so I hope I return to baseline. I was taking clindamycin. The only other thing I can think of is I drank quite a bit night before all this too but I occasionally drink so I think it’s less likely to be that. Do you also have shrinkage? I notice it made that worse too. I wander if it’s not hard flaccid and antibiotics makes it worse? No idea..
Yellow99

Markc1113 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:15 pm Oddly enough after being pretty stable as far as changes for probably the past year, I had a severe decline. I too had to take antibiotics to prevent a throat infection after puncturing my esophagus with a bone( long story). There may be something to antibiotics and worsening although it makes no sense to me. At first I thought it kinda helped slightly but after about the sixth day I woke up and could not get an erection. By the end of the day I noticed I was more numb as well. I’ve only been off two days so I hope I return to baseline. I was taking clindamycin. The only other thing I can think of is I drank quite a bit night before all this too but I occasionally drink so I think it’s less likely to be that. Do you also have shrinkage? I notice it made that worse too. I wander if it’s not hard flaccid and antibiotics makes it worse? No idea..
Yes same for me, I was pretty stable for the two years I had pssd, no windows only maybe slightly better orgasm over those two years and since taking the antibiotics numbness and orgasm is as bad or even worse than in the beginning of pssd and I also noticed more shrinkage. But what can we do about hard flaccid? It’s almost as unknown as pssd right?
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

I read somewhere about ampicillin lowering estrogens but I cannot remember the source.
Other than hormones I don't know what else could help long term
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Yellow99 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:44 pm Can somebody please help me.

I had an UTI two months ago and had to take antibiotics. The genital anesthesia got worse. I thought maybe it will get better and return to my baseline but it stayed like that until now. It really bothers me. Before my pssd was also bad but I could still feel a little bit and have a somewhat enjoyable orgasm but now everything feels numb it makes me so frustrated cause I still have some Libido and that drive to want to achieve an orgasm but it takes forever and is completely unsatisfying.

Sorry to hear this. Which antibiotic did you take?
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

succubus76 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:18 pm Other than hormones I don't know what else could help long term
Possibly altered gut flora? Could be worth looking into.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 00099/full
Yellow99

Frog wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:00 am
Yellow99 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:44 pm Can somebody please help me.

Sorry to hear this. Which antibiotic did you take?
I took Fosfomycin. I talked to some other guys with pssd that already took it and they were fine so I thought it’s safe to take :(