Is this permanent pssd or withdrawal?(quit paxil 12.5 mg XR cold turkey after 1 week)

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
HarryM

Is this permanent pssd or withdrawal?(quit paxil 12.5 mg XR cold turkey after 1 week)

Unread post by HarryM »

2 weeks earlier I went to a psychiatrist due to my insane insomnia which even exists till date. He asked pretty standard questions and prescribed me paxil and chlonozepam. Being completely naive I took it for a week and quit cold turkey.
Current symptoms are
Insomnia (barely pull off 3 hrs of sleep)
Body numbness
Partial genital numbness
No morning wood
Week erections and reduced pleasure upon ejaculation
Poor memory
partial Anhedonia
Bad digestion

I'm 24 only. I've been healthy all my life. This is pulling me apart. Please provide any suggestions especially on the insomnia part. I would probably have to quit my job since it is stressful and I can barely get myself to shower.
Markc1113

Re: Is this permanent pssd or withdrawal?(quit paxil 12.5 mg XR cold turkey after 1 week)

Unread post by Markc1113 »

Man to be honest, no one will know. I never had problems while on viibryd. Everything happened when I quit it cold turkey. I had similar issues but basically cannot get an erection now and libido is 0. It’s been almost six months..yours may get better if it hasn’t been long so try to stay relaxed. If it doesn’t there may be some things to try that can atleast help down the road.
scripy3

Re: Is this permanent pssd or withdrawal?(quit paxil 12.5 mg XR cold turkey after 1 week)

Unread post by scripy3 »

Sure this is 'normal' withdrawal. Eat healthy, don't stress and forget this site.
Maybe reinstatement and slow tapering is good option. Read survivingantidepressant.com for information.
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

I think 1 week SSRI will (maybe) not cause withdrawal or post-side effects.. normally take 4-12 weeks to take desired effect but until that SSRI can cause side-effects.

Normally you can’t quit SSRI quickly because can cause withdrawal effects.. maybe that’s the problem.
HarryM

Unread post by HarryM »

Can someone please advice on insomnia? I just cannot sleep. The little sleep (1-2hrs)that I get is non restorative. My head feels numb and light and it cannot get tired. I cannot nap. I have to take zolpidem to only stay in bed for 6-7 hrs but cannot still go into deep sleep.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

HarryM wrote:Can someone please advice on insomnia? I just cannot sleep. The little sleep (1-2hrs)that I get is non restorative. My head feels numb and light and it cannot get tired. I cannot nap. I have to take zolpidem to only stay in bed for 6-7 hrs but cannot still go into deep sleep.
catnip+scullcao, catnip doesn't make you groggy, different non-gaba mechanism, also may help with digestion and anxiety, and I actually read Romans already used it as tea (which you can eat lol), adding lots of basil will be synergistic. You can get them in bulk from Frontier.
victorpl

Unread post by victorpl »

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. I also took paroxetine for a little over a week and ended up in pretty severe situation.

First of all, I'd like to tell you that you have big chance to improve in many areas. The worse thing is that it probably will take some time. You can be very lucky and heal fast, but it rather is a long process. Your case seems serious, but you took only one drug and for short amount of time. I, personally have been polydrugged, paroxetine was the last med I took. You can imagine how bad it ended. However I am 6 months off and I had some significant improvements in many areas. You can read my thread here: http://pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2906.

I know that it can seem impossible now, but I recommend waiting out the most severe phase. It usually takes 3-4 months until your body starts to reach some baseline. I also don't advice taking any drugs and strong supplements right now. They can make your condition worse, when your body is still in acute state.

What helped me at the beggining?

- Changing diet

Removing inflammatory food and adding anti-inflammatory. I also quitted eating gluten, diary and sugar. Trying to make my diet as nutritious as it can be. Many vegetables, quality meat, nuts, fish and some fruits.

- Walks/activity

I was walking everyday for at least 30 mins. I tried not to stay at home all the time and accomplish some mini tasks as simple grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning.

- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)

This was game changing treatment for me. To this day, I have done 45 sessions and want to do many more. It changed my state from suicidal and almost dead to functional at base level (able to do simple tasks without big effort). It healed my heart problems, breathing problems, improved my erections and boosted my stamina. It also helped me significantly with cognition and body mapping.

I hope that your condition will improve soon.