Should I be concerned about antibiotics?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Missano20

Should I be concerned about antibiotics?

Unread post by Missano20 »

Alright- so long term PSSD sufferer (7 years) and I have reached the point of being absolutely paranoid to take most medicine after a major setback I had. I was just prescribed amoxicillin for an infection and I've come across reports on here of people with either onset of PSSD or worsening of symptoms. I've researched the mechanism of action and don't understand how this would even be possible but nonetheless it has me concerned. It seems to be that amoxicillin is specifically what people have complained about, but I'm curious if anyone has any experience with antibiotic use after PSSD.
afx

Re: Should I be concerned about antibiotics?

Unread post by afx »

I will give You a short advice - unless the ABs are necessary to take, try to avoid them in general. Something like abscess or infection that could spread are ofcourse an exception and if that is the case - take them. For the full term needed and in needed doses set by Your doctor. Then the risk is low and the other option of getting sepsis is life threatning - so follow Your doc advice and take them. But something like sore throat or something that can be easily treated in other way? No. Same goes for antimycotics as well. That is my general opinion regarding ABs AMs
continue

Unread post by continue »

there are several antibiotics (and other substances also) that can affect neurotransmiters.
I'm avoiding antibiotics since I have begin to feel better from PSSD.

but that's not only for antibiotics... I feel worse after dramin, creatine, arginine, green tea and chamomile also.
Missano20

continue wrote:there are several antibiotics (and other substances also) that can affect neurotransmiters.
I'm avoiding antibiotics since I have begin to feel better from PSSD.

but that's not only for antibiotics... I feel worse after dramin, creatine, arginine, green tea and chamomile also.
I was put on macrobid which I had an adverse reaction to and then cephalexin. I thankfully didn't seem to have any issues with sexual functioning and I stopped them a week ago. I'm actually having a good week right now. Speaking of creatine, I was drinking those Bang energy drinks for four days and I swear it seriously worsened things for me for a couple weeks after. I attributed it to creatine but then found lawsuits against the company claiming there isn't actually any in it, so I don't know if that was coincidence or what.
Missano20

It's been three weeks since I took antibiotics and after an initial marked improvement in sexual functioning I am now experiencing the worst in my 7 years of PSSD. 100% complete and utter loss of sexuality. I don't want to attribute this to anything just yet but I have had a lot of lows and this is by far the worst I've had, even worse than on SSRI's.
Enigmatic

Unread post by Enigmatic »

Any update or improvements on your situation Missano, back to baseline?
Missano20

Enigmatic wrote:Any update or improvements on your situation Missano, back to baseline?
Better, but not quite back to baseline. I honestly don't know what to attribute it to. While I was on antibiotics i experienced no change whatsoever, and a week after stopping them I had a marked improvement across the board. It doesn't make sense that I'd crash three weeks later from antibiotics. My last two crashes happened during or immediately after withdrawal, not weeks later.
Missano20

Improvement in functioning the last two days. I can feel orgasms a little more now and I can get turned on and wet. Here's to hoping I return to baseline!
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

How are you now? Antibiotics are something that really concern me since PSSD, I haven’t had to take them but the fear of needing to has made me somewhat of a germaphobe!

Maybe this article could explain why they can have negative impacts on people. I was very surprised by some of the information.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.psyc ... rain%3famp
Missano20

Frog wrote:How are you now? Antibiotics are something that really concern me since PSSD, I haven’t had to take them but the fear of needing to has made me somewhat of a germaphobe!

Maybe this article could explain why they can have negative impacts on people. I was very surprised by some of the information.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.psyc ... rain%3famp
Seems like I'm back to baseline, however, I've been drinking nearly every night. I don't know if that has caused improvements. But I am definitely better.