John Intro Numb Penis

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
John5590

Licorice Root

Unread post by John5590 »

I am so confused here. So I have been about the same for the last 7 months and was seeing some results with resistance stretching for hard flaccid. But this past weekend I went to the beach with friends and drank a lot of alcohol and took some adderal (not that much) and then at the end of the night smoked a vape pen (not sure how strong). After the weekend I jerk of and no orgasm? Which has not happened before. So for 3-4 days I jerk off and no orgasm and my libido basically gone. Then I take licorice root today and jack off in the morning and feel a decent orgasm but not as intense as usual. Then this evening I jerk off and get a normal orgasm. So it looks like I'm back to how I was before the weekend. The strange thing is that I have done the same thing on a weekend back in january and didn't have this problem. Also in april I went to key West and was drunk the whole time. I also have taken licorice root before and it has helped my sensitivity. Dr. Goldstein said to be careful with that stuff because someone he has seen had their T levels crash from taking it and he didn't get better. Also on the propeciahelp website some people have said it gives them crashes. I got PSSD from taking Sam-e a year after stopping SSRIs. I was on SSRIs for 6 years prior. I really thought that the Sam-e had given me hard flaccid and that PT was the best way to fix it but this has turned things upside down for me. Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Dubya_B

Re: Licorice Root

Unread post by Dubya_B »

WHAT!?

I've never heard of such a thing as developing this condition from SAMe, but had a god-awful reaction to a combination of SAMe and methyl-B12 last August that I still haven't fully recovered from:

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/a-warn ... mins/32044

btw- I used licorice root powder in 2017 at high doses and think it left me slightly worse-off permanently. Please be careful with that stuff. Actually, be cautious with everything. I wasn't really in that bad of shape until I began trying treatments that supposedly cured other people. I'm a total wreck now.
AnhedonicApe

Re: John Intro Numb Penis

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

I also crashed on a methyl donor. I think methyl donors just emphasize the epigenetic changes/silencing caused by ssri