Knifli intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Knifli

Re: Knifli intro

Unread post by Knifli »

Hi, Yeah i was always very nauseous on the ssri, and still am a lot of the time. I lost a lot of weight because of it too. My my bowel movements are almost back to normal right now, but i had diarrhea the whole time on ssri and some months after. I still experience some stomach and bowel complaints.
Sertraline jan-jul 2018
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

Knifli wrote:Hi, Yeah i was always very nauseous on the ssri, and still am a lot of the time. I lost a lot of weight because of it too. My my bowel movements are almost back to normal right now, but i had diarrhea the whole time on ssri and some months after. I still experience some stomach and bowel complaints.
Check out my post here: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... etaine+hcl especially the second link, would be interesting to see if you have the same positive effects I did. I've also found HIIT in the form of sprints and cold showers beneficial.
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Knifli

Unread post by Knifli »

raven100 wrote:
Knifli wrote:Hi, Yeah i was always very nauseous on the ssri, and still am a lot of the time. I lost a lot of weight because of it too. My my bowel movements are almost back to normal right now, but i had diarrhea the whole time on ssri and some months after. I still experience some stomach and bowel complaints.
Check out my post here: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... etaine+hcl especially the second link, would be interesting to see if you have the same positive effects I did. I've also found HIIT in the form of sprints and cold showers beneficial.
Thanks, i'm going to look into it. :)
Sertraline jan-jul 2018
Knifli

Unread post by Knifli »

1- What is your gender?

Female

2- Why did you take antidepressants in the first place? and for how long were you on them? which med?

5 months, sertraline, depression

3- How was your sexual and emotional function before antidepressant intake?

Never had sexual problems, had some emotional problems, felt melancholic very often and was stressed out, but still could feel positive emotions.

4- What are your symptoms exactly and when did they start? sexual dyfunction alone, or cognitive/emotional/hedonistic as well? which symptom is bothering you the most?

After 1 day i got genital numbness and skinnumbness. But i could still orgasm and be aroused in the first month... although i also had a delayed orgasm once. After a month i lost all my emotions and got in a weird dp/dr state, i didn't care about anything. Also my ability to get aroused went away. My cognition got worse and worse on the drug to a point where i couldn't even read. I also lost the need so socialize with people and my empathy. I also had diarrhea on the drug and was(still am) nauseous a lot. Decreased appitite

My most annoying symptom is my cognition problems (can't think anymore, problems with reading and barely can learn new things) and dp/dr + less emotions.

5- What meds/suppplements have you tried so far?

Sjw : regained some emotions because of it (also libido), but also gave me horrible pelvic floor pain and tailbone pain, decreased genital numbness a tiny bit.

Bethanechol : decreased genital numbness, got me aroused.

Muira puama : made me more empathic, increased skin/genital sensetivity.

6- Do you have access to meds without prescription (buy online), or would strictly require a prescription for meds to try?

My gp is willing to prescripe me some 'safer' meds, if he's not willing to, i can try to get it on the internet.

7- Can you tolerate galicky foods? what about proteins?

Yes

8- Have you done any blood testing? what were the results?

Yes, all hormones in are in range

21/01/2019 (19yo female at this time)
(All ovulatory)
TSH : 2,69 (range 0,51-4,30)
FSH : 12,5 (range : 4,7-21,5)
LH : 34,6 (range : 14,0-95,6)
Oestradiol : 89 (range 48-314)
Progesteron : 1,5 (range 0,1-12,0)
Prolactine : 16,4 (range 4,8-23,3)
Testosteron : 1,85
Testost.bind.globuline : 75,5
Free test : 0,019
DHEA sulfaat : 346,8 (range 65,1-368,0)
Last edited by Knifli on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sertraline jan-jul 2018
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

OK, it seems that you are suffering mainly from a presynaptic 5HT1A receptor over-expression even before SSRI intake, and after SSRI your postsynaptic 5HT1A became desensitized. This presynaptic 5HT1A over-activation would cause glutamate dysregulation of the pyramidal neurons (cortical, hippocampal, and amygdalar).

After PSSD, you ended up with a sensitive presynaptic autoreceptor and a hyposensitive postsynaptic heteroreceptor. There's also a very significant cholinergic dysfunction.

I would, therefore, recommend this regimen:
- Rivastigmine: 1.5 mg t.i.d. or the patch.
- Baclofen: 25 mg b.i.d.
- Memantine: Start on 5 mg, then titrate up to 10 mg after 2 weeks.
- Flibanserin: 100 mg.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Knifli

Unread post by Knifli »

Thanks a lot for this Meso!

I can't get my hands on Flibanserin, since it's not legal in my country and the customs are pretty strict for orders outside of the EU. Any other suggestions?

Has the presynaptic 5HT1A receptor over-expression before ssri intake anything to do with having pssd symptoms after one pill?

Thanks

(+I've added my bloodwork)
Sertraline jan-jul 2018
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Knifli wrote:Thanks a lot for this Meso!

I can't get my hands on Flibanserin, since it's not legal in my country and the customs are pretty strict for orders outside of the EU. Any other suggestions?

Has the presynaptic 5HT1A receptor over-expression before ssri intake anything to do with having pssd symptoms after one pill?

Thanks

Baclofen should be enough if you can get it. Flibanserin would give it a stronger kick, but it's not necessary as Baclofen already inhibits presynaptic 5HT1A indirectly and causes postsyanptic 5HT1A activation.

To make it easier on yourself, try to Baclofen first on its own without Memantine because Memantine could be difficult to get prescribed. It's there for the tolerance, but you can take 2 days off Baclofen each week to prevent tolerance.
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

Mesolimbo wrote:
Knifli wrote:Thanks a lot for this Meso!

Thanks

Baclofen should be enough if you can get it. Flibanserin would give it a stronger kick, but it's not necessary as Baclofen already inhibits presynaptic 5HT1A indirectly and causes postsyanptic 5HT1A activation.

To make it easier on yourself, try to Baclofen first on its own without Memantine because Memantine could be difficult to get prescribed. It's there for the tolerance, but you can take 2 days off Baclofen each week to prevent tolerance.
you mean 7 days on baclofen and then 2 off or 5 days on and 2 off?
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Snake wrote:you mean 7 days on baclofen and then 2 off or 5 days on and 2 off?
5 days on and 2 days off. 5 days relief per week.
Knifli

Unread post by Knifli »

@Meso I forgot to mention that alcohol hangovers are a lot worse since i have PSSD. During my shroom trip i also got a hangover feeling, and didn't had an emotional trip, only visual. It was really strange. (I took shrooms twice pre-SSRI and both were very emotional trips).
Sertraline jan-jul 2018