Does anyone have ADHD, ADD or sensory processing disorder

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
silverstar

Does anyone have ADHD, ADD or sensory processing disorder

Unread post by silverstar »

Just wondering if anyone with PSSD also has these conditions or did more so as a child.

Thanks.
sadKeanu

Re: Does anyone have ADHD, ADD or sensory processing disorder

Unread post by sadKeanu »

Last edited by sadKeanu on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSSD Lexapro 2016-Present
Octopus

Unread post by Octopus »

I have ADHD, the inattentive subtype. I don't think I had it as a child but I had it before PSSD.
Dead

Unread post by Dead »

I have always had ADD. But now i feel borderline autistic. I was actually diagnosed with aspergers a couple of years after getting PSSD. But the thing is that most of those problems i didn't have prior. I feel like the meds made me autistic. When i was seeing the doctor who diagnosed me, i remember her asking me a all these questions to which i kept responding: "Yes, but that started after the withdrawal".
One such symptom is that i have constant strange skin sensations, like electricity running through my skin. And unusual/reduced response to physical touch. My vision has also become a bit wacky. Like i'm seeing "static". If i move my hand across my field of vision, i see like a trail after it. Almost like "flickering". I also have mild constant tinnitus. So yes i have sensory processing problems now. And they all started when i tapered off the SSRI's 8 years ago.
silverstar

Unread post by silverstar »

I have had ADD inattentive subtype and also sensory processing disorder for my entire life. I can't handle ssri drugs at all. I believe this is where a lot of my anxiety and depression actually stems from. Since I'm female I was misdiagnosed with depression and anxiety. But it's actually complete "ADHD" I have every symptom of it and it got worse as i got older. Thanks to the people who have answered so far. I wonder if there is some correlation between this type of neurological condition and possibility of getting pssd. Something about how we are wired.

Just a thought.
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

ive always been a bit of a daydreaming kid, was always written in the teachers commentary at the end of the semesters.. i later realized its probably ADD (at least thats what my shrink diagnosed me with, with an overlapping dysthimia).
recently i have found out about sluggish cognitive tempo. i think it describes me more precisely than ADD-Pi. heres the symptoms summary copy pasted fron wikipedia. I believe it is a rather ""new"" phenomenon, at least its only recently started to be investigated/detached from ADD-Pi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sluggish_cognitive_tempo
SCT symptoms (Summary)
Prone to daydreaming
Easily confused or mentally foggy
Spacey or inattentive to surroundings
Mind seems to be elsewhere
Stares blankly into space
Slow moving or sluggish
Lethargic or more tired than others
Trouble staying awake or alert in boring situations
Underactive or less energetic than others
Sleepy or drowsy during the day
Gets lost in own thoughts
Apathetic or withdrawn, less engaged in activities
Loses train of thoughts
Forgets what he/she was going to say
Hard time putting thoughts into words
Processes information not as quickly/accurately

although i asked to some friends if they believe it applies to me and they were all like "nopes not at all".. so yeah whatever, might be just be how i perceive myself as an inept :P
gianno121

Unread post by gianno121 »

Yes! I mean doctor told this. Btw it's true that 80% of kids who are diagnosed with ADHD(or similar) are diagnosed wrong.

But it's interesting that so many of us have experience with this.
Dead

Unread post by Dead »

I've been diagnised with ADD and aspergers. Although i don't think i really have aspergers, i got that diagnosis after having been screwed up by the ssri's. I have always had ADD though. I'm always daydreaming basically.
Juvo

Unread post by Juvo »

We'll be able to shed more light on what we all have in common once Ghost gets genome data on all of us. Being able to see real data on what makes us different from the millions who take these drugs and come out fine is HUGE. If you haven't sent ghost your genome file, please consider doing that soon.
Luis Fernando Lopez

Unread post by Luis Fernando Lopez »

I've had daydreaming tendencies in school and when I'm in waiting room or something like that but I've never been formally diagnosed with ADD, I don't daydream when I do stuff that I enjoy in fact I become very focus on those things.

Some people/teachers are just not interesting when they talk and I just ignore them and think of what I'm going to be be doing when I get home or have "Final Destination" thoughts but there are other people/teachers that do know how to press the right buttons and they grab my attention. I become very agitated if I'm forced to sit through a presentation and speaker talks in "formal way" I just can't bring myself to pay attention to them. Or when people don't get to the point they're trying to make whether it be in an article or when when they're talking.