Participants wanted for PSSD study. Contact: sulawesi1@web.de

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
sulawesi

Re: Participants wanted for PSSD study. Contact: sulawesi1@web.de

Unread post by sulawesi »

I don't think that the researchers would accept if you did the scans somewhere else than in their clinic and let someone else do it than them.

And I don't want to keep on asking more and more questions - because what they're waiting for is an "OK, let's start - we have enough valid participants".

They allready doubted that the study was going to happen months ago. And they seem to have been right unfortunately. If only all the persons here on the forum would still participate who said they would. If they'd at least answer to my mails... I don't get it.

We will probably not get a chance like this again.
Bear

Unread post by Bear »

Seriously? I'm starting to wonder if the people here actually want to be cured at all. I doubt I'll be able to partake because I live in Australia, but keep my name in the vault just in case. I can't believe the laziness of some people. This type of analysis would have been unprecedented in the world of PSSD, and perhaps could lead us to a cure.
fablecloth

Unread post by fablecloth »

Bear wrote:Seriously? I'm starting to wonder if the people here actually want to be cured at all. I doubt I'll be able to partake because I live in Australia, but keep my name in the vault just in case. I can't believe the laziness of some people. This type of analysis would have been unprecedented in the world of PSSD, and perhaps could lead us to a cure.
I'm with you mate. I also live in Australia so can't participate, but it frustrates me that people aren't taking this more seriously.

As sulawesi said, we may not get a chance like this again.

Please, if you live in Europe, sign up and participate.
Bear

Unread post by Bear »

Right on Fablecloth. It seems like most our members would rather blindly ingest herbal remedies until they stumble upon some holy grail, than defer to a research team that actually expresses interest in PSSD (very, very rare in the case of our condition).

Sulawesi, have you tried sharing this on other sources, like Reddit or Surviving Antidepressants? It would maximise our chances of finding a sufficient number of respondents. I'm not willing to let the prospect of a study like this fall into obscurity, and I'm sure that you feel the same way.
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

and the yahoo group has thousands of members signed up on there, maybe some of them will get an email. :-(
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
sulawesi

Sulawesi, have you tried sharing this on other sources, like Reddit or Surviving Antidepressants? It would maximise our chances of finding a sufficient number of respondents.
Several months ago future-recovery posted infos about the study in the yahoo group. And a few people responded but obviously not enough.

Two day ago I tried to do another post in the yahoo group to make clear to everyone how urgent it is right now to participate. But unfortunately my post has not been published in the group. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if the admin has to validate it first and just isn't online very frequently.

It really should be possible to activate more than a handfull of those 3900 members of the yahoo group to take part.

Edit:

One more thing that I should mention by the way is that our official association became "legal" or official by the local court. So with this new "tool" we might get more possibilities in fighting our condition. Maybe some of you would like to join us...
future-recovery

Unread post by future-recovery »

In the yahoo group the post "Take part in German PSSD study!" was six(!) months at the top (from April to October, I wonder whether the admins did this on purpose), but apparently didn't help.
Yes, sulawesi, the admins need to accept the post.
German fmri study about PSSD could be possible! Criteria: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1020
Send a mail to user sulawesi: sulawesi1@web.de
sulawesi

I finally talked to one of the scientists again who would do the study with us. They still would! There's no time limit or anything. But we have to manage to get enough participants. 20 PSSD sufferers are needed. So please everyone give everything to participate! If it would be possible for you to join the study in any way, please do it! There will probably never be any chance like this. We have to take it!
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

can you have updates on the Ulm study?
sulawesi

I can. We have two or three participants more since my last post. But we're still far away from 20.