Participants wanted for PSSD study. Contact: sulawesi1@web.de

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Jaxx

Re: Participants wanted for PSSD study. Contact: sulawesi1@web.de

Unread post by Jaxx »

I'm having no luck so-far getting these documents. My Doc basically says he can ask for a second opinion, but there is a possibility that depression is causing it all. (Which is impossible to rule out, although I'm sure this is not the case).
Please put me on your backup list, i will try again if this would stop the research, but i cant take too much time off anymore to visit doc's across the country.
Again, i think this initiative is awesome and i appreciate your efforts!
sulawesi

Unread post by sulawesi »

Jaxx, if you're still suffering from depression you're not allowed to take part in the study, sadly.

Or is it just your doc's opinion that you are depressive but you don't feel depressive?
Kinncrimson

Unread post by Kinncrimson »

Jaxx wrote:I'm having no luck so-far getting these documents. My Doc basically says he can ask for a second opinion, but there is a possibility that depression is causing it all. (Which is impossible to rule out, although I'm sure this is not the case).
Please put me on your backup list, i will try again if this would stop the research, but i cant take too much time off anymore to visit doc's across the country.
Again, i think this initiative is awesome and i appreciate your efforts!
This can't be true.
Are you telling me that you can't get 3 simple documents??

Simply tell your doc, that you want a general check up to rule out an internistic/urologic problem!!!
And the confirmation, that you took an SSRI in the past, shouldn't be that hard to get, right?

I HATE this lack of motivation. Sometimes I can't believe the unwieldiness of you all.

If you believe your PSSD-Symptoms could stem from depression, than what are you doing in this forum????
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Getting a document saying you took an SSRI and getting a document saying the issues cannot be depression induced are 2 different things.
Anhedonia is an important aspect of a major depression, most doc's will try to link to this at first anyway. I dont believe i have depression, but i (we) have some overlap.

I went from GP, to psychiatrist, to now internist, this shit takes time and at least for me doesnt come easy.
Kinncrimson

Jaxx wrote:Getting a document saying you took an SSRI and getting a document saying the issues cannot be depression induced are 2 different things.
Anhedonia is an important aspect of a major depression, most doc's will try to link to this at first anyway. I dont believe i have depression, but i (we) have some overlap.

I went from GP, to psychiatrist, to now internist, this shit takes time and at least for me doesnt come easy.
No one said that you need a attestation that your symptoms are caused by PSSD and not depression!!

you simply need a internistic attest, an urologic attest and a confirmation that a SSRI had been taken ....

that's all.
Now get those 3 things and join us please.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

One of the files says literally that the most presumable reason for the sexual dysfunction is the prescribed SSRI. (p23)
Kinncrimson

Jaxx wrote:One of the files says literally that the most presumable reason for the sexual dysfunction is the prescribed SSRI. (p23)
I will say it one last time, if you don't want to take part, than leave this thread alone.

you go to an urologist, you tell him that you need an attest for a study you are going to join about long-term side effects in germany.

same with the internist.

and you need the confirmation from the doctor, that prescripted you an SSRI. (take the template from sulawesi)

Is it really that hard?

This is what I mean, there is no motivation to change things and I really can't believe this.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

@Dominik,

Please contact me directly if the a too limited amount of participants endangers the study, for now im out.
Kinncrimson

Jaxx wrote:@Dominik,

Please contact me directly if the a too limited amount of participants endangers the study, for now im out.
why are you out for now????
marsupial

Unread post by marsupial »

I have all the documents needed