Aphantasia Induced by SSRIS

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
raven100

Aphantasia Induced by SSRIS

Unread post by raven100 »

Hi guys, been a while since I last posted. Had a tough time recently, broke up with my girlfriend cause my personality has got a lot more dull since this withdrawal started. Any improvements I thought I was seeing have now fizzled out a bit. Feel very bleak, almost suicidal but I know it will be many years with no improvement before I start to consider that as an option.

Was trying to get to the root of what my most serious symptoms are, and I think a really important one is Aphantasia (loss of visual imagination, or loss of the 'minds eye') Is that classified as a component of anhedonia? Has anyone who lost their imagination got it back after a while? It really gets me down that I've lost this because I used to daydream nonstop before, and I think it's one of the reasons I don't enjoy reading anymore
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
PLZNO

Re: Aphantasia Induced by SSRIS

Unread post by PLZNO »

Oh I see what it means!
Images that come into your mind when you read novels or other things
You're talking about that feeling, right?
Strange .. we all have PSSD but it's all different

I'm sorry to hear that
2016 march~april
Strattera+Vortioxetine for 3weeks
2016 may~june
Escitalopram for 2weeks (PSSD)
raven100

Thanks PLZNO, yeah that's what I'm talking about, we all have it different but there are definitely clear groups we fall into. Some people seem to just have sexual dysfunction, but mentally seem to be ok (apart from depression over their sexual dysfunction and preexisting mental illness). Others like me seem to have lost a lot of emotion. I guess my questions are for those who fall into the latter category.
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
raven100

So no one else has this symptom?
nonesuch

Unread post by nonesuch »

I've had this, along with the sexual bits. I've gotten very frustrated when reading, listening to music or w/e because i know i used to have images spring up and spin away, spontaneously, and they would like.. help me "get into" whatever it is i was doing, reading, etc. Things have felt really dull. No imagination, musical ideas or whatever, which feels beyond something like depression. So i think i know what you're talking about. It's getting better slowly for me.
Sofa

Unread post by Sofa »

nonesuch wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:32 pm I've had this, along with the sexual bits. I've gotten very frustrated when reading, listening to music or w/e because i know i used to have images spring up and spin away, spontaneously, and they would like.. help me "get into" whatever it is i was doing, reading, etc. Things have felt really dull. No imagination, musical ideas or whatever, which feels beyond something like depression. So i think i know what you're talking about. It's getting better slowly for me.
I also have aphantasia because of drugs! Did it get any better?
Sofa

Unread post by Sofa »

raven100 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:47 am So no one else has this symptom?
I also have this symptom, and its getting worse. Did it ever get better for you? Just even a little bit? Anything i can do to stimulate it? Its so sad inside my head now. I used to have a vivid imagination and visualization, but now its all gone.
6-Eggs!

Unread post by 6-Eggs! »

I get this time to time but only for sexual imagination. Everything else imagine/visualization wise remains fine. I only get inability to sexually imagine when my libido drops off a lot, doesn't happen often but sometimes as I am still on the drug after a catastrophic withdrawal and needed to restart the taper again but much much slower from a low dose so the drug is still effecting my libido sometimes.
cosmo

Unread post by cosmo »

I get what you’re talking about, I have this symptom.
I think it’s gradually improving but some days my imagination is practically non-existent, it’s horrible.
I personally think that this lack of fantasies is the root of sexual dysfunction.
Anafranil (Clomipramine) May 2019-October 2021
Lantanon (Mianserin) May 2019-May 2021
Trittico (Trazodone) May 2021-October 2021
Rivotril (Clonazepam) May 2019-present

PSSD since October 2021

Symptoms: low libido and severe ED
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Interesting as my imagination is not even close to what it used to be. I was reading about this the other day and apparently this person cured themselves with this technique . I have yet to try it but I’ll link it her-

https://photographyinsider.info/image-s ... ographers/