Merry Christmas

Administrative notes and announcements.
Ghost

Merry Christmas

Unread post by Ghost »

Sonny used to make yearly posts reflecting back on the year winding to a close. It was a cool tradition, and I think that we need to find any reason that we can to celebrate.

It hasn't been easy for all of us, but no one ever said that it would be. I think that this forum is a testament to the power of humanity to pick itself up after we fall down. PSSD has never been a blessing, but it was only through PSSD that I gained a new perspective on being thankful and cherishing the little moments of beauty in everyday life. This forum has transformed my life.

Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, and Holidays,

- Ghost
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
theloneranger86

Re: Merry Christmas

Unread post by theloneranger86 »

Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope everyone can enjoy their time with their families. I had no appreciation for family time or things like these before. The anhedonia has made me realise what I now miss.
Stay positive everyone !
PLZNO

Unread post by PLZNO »

PSSD gave us a shitty time but taught us how to appreciate what we have

All the events are two sides of a coin
It's not a matter of right and wrong

For example, it may be a matter of light and darkness
We see the light, but it's not clear whether it's light without darkness
In addition, the presence of darkness makes the light shine more

Pssd gave us the darkness
But it taught us what light is

Thanks to all of you and have a happy christmas
2016 march~april
Strattera+Vortioxetine for 3weeks
2016 may~june
Escitalopram for 2weeks (PSSD)
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Happy holidays. Your work here is much appreciated by all, Ghost.
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

Merry Christmas, Everybody's contributions much appreciated.

Here's to a resolution, and a bigger effort than ever seen before.
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
Angrydude00

Unread post by Angrydude00 »

This forum really does give me some hope and peace of mind. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas/hanukkah or whatever you celebrate! Hopefully this year will shed some more light on our condition.
fablecloth

Unread post by fablecloth »

Just want to add to the sentiment here. I hope everyone takes the time over the holiday period to reflect and be grateful for the community we have here.

As for me, I've been in a bit of a funk over the last couple of months. I had to push away and write off a relationship with someone who I was very close to as I knew she wouldn't understand/cope with the idea of me having PSSD.

It's been tough (the whole "yet another missed opportunity at experiencing happiness" is running through my mind), BUT seeing people active on these forums reminds me that I'm not alone - and that somehow, a meaningful, happy, and fulfilling life can be forged throughout what is really a most difficult circumstance that we all experience.

Please take care of yourselves, and remind yourselves that you are not alone. PSSD is shit, but there *are* worse things. We need to maintain perspective and resolve, and take solace in the fact that we don't fight this alone.

For me, 2017 is a year to try new and old solutions, as part of a determined attempt to see not necessarily if there is anything that can cure PSSD, but to see if there is anything that can, at the least, lessen the severity of our condition. I look forward to reporting from time to time on my progress, and sharing with you all what I uncover (good and bad).

x
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

We're back exactly one year later. While there is unfinished business, a lot has happened in the past year to be thankful for. We've added more members to our community, and some have recovered. Against all odds, I'm here 3.5 years later. That's something that I wasn't always sure of, and something that I couldn't comprehend back then.

Fröhliche Weihnachten. Feliz Navidad. God jul. Merry Christmas. Buon Natale. Gleðileg jól. Veselé Vánoce. Joyeux Noël.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Snake

Merry Christmas

Unread post by Snake »

I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone here. I'm so grateful that I've found this community which gives me hope. Best wishes, may the year 2019 be better!
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
yevad

Unread post by yevad »

Merry Christmas!