Some of my theories on PSSD, and my new stack that I will be trying. - az89 OP

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Moloch

Some of my theories on PSSD, and my new stack that I will be trying. - az89 OP

Unread post by Moloch »

az89 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:35 am

LEGEND: SERT - Serotonin transporter: Uptakes serotonin from the postsynaptic receptors for reuse.
DAT - Dopamine Transporter - Uptakes dopamine from the postsynaptic receptors for reuse.
5ht - serotonin, in it's chemical name/abbreviation

Basically what i have coming in the mail:

Forskolin - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forskolin
Increases SERT Expression and activity (http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/528890_4 <search forskolin in that article), since SSRI decrease SERT expression and activity by up to 40% and increase DAT by around 40%. This has a profound effect in that since there is not enough SERT for the 5ht floating around that the brain uses DAT to uptake 5ht, which is really bad! (http://juniorprof.wordpress.com/2010/09 ... t-al-2010/).
Dopamine is reduced by SSRI use (mechanisms not fully understood!, perhaps neuro-inhibitory receptors such as 5ht-1a/2. etc) So if we reverse this change, hopefully DAT expression will decrease to normal level and SERT expression will rise to normal levels! Forskolin also Increases cAMP for resensitising receptors according to wikipedia, and promoting brain plasticity (growth of new neurons).

Mucuna pruriens - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mucuna_pruriens

Although this is not acting to reverse a change SSRI's have done to our bodily mechanisms, or to correct them, perhaps it can alleviate the symptoms.

Contains natural L-DOPA (Which is the same ingredient in drug Levodopa), which is the good stuff they give to parkinsons patients to increase dopamine in the brain. Promoted as sexual enhancer. Update: going to be taken with Green tea Extract : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2916818/ This is the combo which holds the most promise to alleviate PSSD symptoms.

PSSD sufferers have all the symptoms of low dopamine, be it from increased DAT expression, to inhibitory 5ht receptors that inhibit dopamine and other neurotransmitters, changes in neuro-regulation, gene changes and whatever other body mechamism that has changed after from being on SSRI's (If we knew all of them and which particular ones caused this, then we would have a cure)
But since we don't (Well we know one and forskolin will reverse that one particular change when taken over a modest peroid eg. 8 weeks), I am going to bypass the other mechanisms which cause PSSD and supplement every day with L-DOPA to acheive what would be in the pre-SSRI brain "normal dopamine levels" prehaps we can feel normal again.

Maca root capsules - Not sure how this works ... http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... C86.d02t01 one study saying it helps with SSRI's and libido. Note: This is long term treatment 8 weeks+ on high dose. Promoted as sexual enhancer.

MUIRA PAUMA The short term effects of Muira Puama include increasing blood flow to the pelvic area, aiding erections in men as well as sensation and orgasm in women. Longer term use enhances the production of sex hormones in both sexes. Promoted as Sexual enhancer.

TONGKAT ALI Supports Male Hormonal Balance, Increases ATP Production, Supports Libido and performance. Promoted for energy and sexual function.. possible interaction with forskolin?

SAW PALMETTO - do not take this

RHODOLIA - won't be taking

Will be taking all of these on a long term basis for 8-12 weeks+ every day as most of these take this long to start working, and taking notes each day of any improvements, will keep you updated on how it goes, it'll be a week+ until i receive all of them. I do not know how some of these work to "raise libido" etc, but if they do help me, you guys will know about it. What i'm asking in advance is that you help research all of these, and more in particular the herbs i don't have much info about, or information on how they increase libido and sexual functioning as they claim. Knowledge of these mechanisms will be beneficial towards a cure, for one day if we learn of more ways in which SSRI's cause long term changes in our bodies, we will know of a way to reverse them.

I also ordered sublingual yohimbe mouth drops for occasional use, will see if it helps in arousal/erections once taken. <This is considered more of a stimulant and not a long term daily dose kind of thing. If i'm correct acts more on noradrenaline and is a 5ht1a antagonist?

Hopefully you guys can help contribute knowledge to this thread with links to studies to help backup our findings. I am extremely optimisitic that these will help!

P.S. Let me know if you think it is too much at once to take, or if all of these at once could be dangerous, use at own risk!
Moloch

Re: Some of my theories on PSSD, and my new stack that I will be trying. - az89 OP

Unread post by Moloch »

latinboy7 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:48 am

Keep us updated to see how you go...
Moloch

Re: Some of my theories on PSSD, and my new stack that I will be trying. - az89 OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Post Sonny on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:07 am

I ordered some forskolin. I may try some of these others. I tried maca a long time ago. It didn't do anything for me though.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

az89 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:44 am

Forskolin might be the best hope yet

I can't wait til i get mine in the mail

http://jp.physoc.org/content/531/2/425.full

These results suggest that activation of presynaptic TRH receptors initiates an intracellular signalling cascade that raises the levels of cAMP sufficient to uncover previously silent 5-HT1A receptors on presynaptic nerve terminals within the dorsal vagal complex.

According to this study... raising cAMP levels resensitises or "uncovers silent 5ht1a presynaptic or autoreceptors".... reversing the changes SSRI's have done.... wow? Only 8 weeks + on forskolin will tell if it's a cure!!! Holy Moly
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Post DELTA on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:12 pm

Looks like another miracle drug...

Just like when ssri's entered the market.

Caution!
We are already damaged. Information is needed of the efects on HEALTHY people!

all the luck
Delta
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Post sexdrive on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:58 am

Rhodiola makes things worse. Same with St. John's Wort. Both herbs raise serotonin. Crying or Very sad
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Post az89 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Yea right now i won't be using most of them...

only forskolin

and @ some point i am going to try to brave licorice use past 3 months +
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Post Mike23 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Sonny wrote:I ordered some forskolin. I may try some of these others. I tried maca a long time ago. It didn't do anything for me though.

hi sonny, if you could let me know which things apply to the papsd and which things apply to the pssd that would be nice, thanks. just in general , not this specific thread only.