PAPSD (Post Anti-Psychotic Sexual Dysfunction) - Sonny OP

Any other sexual dysfunctions not properly addressed by medical science.
Moloch

Re: PAPSD (Post Anti-Psychotic Sexual Dysfunction) - Sonny O

Unread post by Moloch »

Sonny on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:46 am

Yes, indeed. You do need to make sure you take it twice a day every day for it to work, and 1mg would be a good idea. You do certainly over think things. You get anxious and work yourself up. You need to calm down. You will discover that some of the problems you face, are the product of your own anxiety. You need to relax. Try some meditation, like mindfulness of breathing for example. Learn to focus your mind on something, rather than being hyper-aware of your body. This hyper-awareness serves only to fuel your anxiety.

Seeing a councilor/psychologist would be helpful as well. A councilor would be able to coach you on ways to deal with your hyper-awareness and anxiety. Some of your mood issues are chemical, as is the primary cause of most people's, but you have a very big component that is more about how you think about things, your perception of the world around you, and your perception of yourself.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Mike23 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:24 am

Sonny wrote:

.....You can't miss dosages, you have to keep taking it. It sounds to me like if you take this stuff continuously, you will be able to have a normal sex life again.

sounds good.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Mike23 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:17 pm

[quote="Sonny"]Yes, indeed. You do need to make sure you take it twice a day every day for it to work, and 1mg would be a good idea.

this part is fine.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Mike23 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:50 pm

You do certainly over think things. You get anxious and work yourself up. You need to calm down. You will discover that some of the problems you face, are the product of your own anxiety. You need to relax. Try some meditation, like mindfulness of breathing for example. Learn to focus your mind on something, rather than being hyper-aware of your body. This hyper-awareness serves only to fuel your anxiety.

Seeing a councilor/psychologist would be helpful as well. A councilor would be able to coach you on ways to deal with your hyper-awareness and anxiety. Some of your mood issues are chemical, as is the primary cause of most people's, but you have a very big component that is more about how you think about things, your perception of the world around you, and your perception of yourself.

-------------
you have obviously been around too many people with mental conditions, and now you think everyone has a mental condition.
I don't get "anxious" or "work" myself up.

I got promoted at work yesterday, and I need to be over there.
I come to this web site for help with my sexual condition.
to just ignore a posting like that could be viewed as it being accuratte.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Sonny on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:27 am

you have obviously been around too many people with mental conditions, and now you think everyone has a mental condition.

No, that is not the case at all. I came to that conclusion from reading your posts. I'm just trying to help. If you want to ignore that, that's up to you.

As for the rest of that, I really don't know what you're talking about. The drug that caused all your sexual problems, you weren't put on that for shits and giggles. I can see exactly why they put you on that. I happen to think there are other safer options, but you still have those issues. The sooner you face them, the better your life will be. These issues can affect your enjoyment of sex, so it's not like I'm veering completely off topic here. You did bring that part of it up too. But again, if you don't want to do that, that's on you.
anacleta

Re: PAPSD (Post Anti-Psychotic Sexual Dysfunction) - Sonny OP

Unread post by anacleta »

I read another case (on ssrisex) of an italian guy with sexual dysfunction post abilify .... :|

Now: I'm assuming abilify. I have the pSSD by citalopram (suspended it for a year now).
I remember that when I took only abilify I had no sexual side effects, when I introduced citalopram they arrived. when I have both suspended for several months, the side effects were. I'm getting a little in doubt about the responsibility of abilify :|
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

flex you had high prolactin after risperdal?
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Posted by Hades OP
Moved here for clarity purpose
Thu May 18, 2017 4:35 pm

hi all.anyone can tell anything about pasd?i have all the symtoms from pssd,but i used antipsycotics and someone told me that i have pasd?is there any difference?it looks like the same thing to me.or wrost
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
zensan

Unread post by zensan »

Anyone cured after papsd? Any new Solutions?
zensan

Unread post by zensan »

What were you taking Hades and how long? How long you are having your symptoms?