PAPSD (Post Anti-Psychotic Sexual Dysfunction) - Sonny OP

Any other sexual dysfunctions not properly addressed by medical science.
Moloch

PAPSD (Post Anti-Psychotic Sexual Dysfunction) - Sonny OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Sonny on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:24 am

I am going to go ahead and create a new initialism, and put a name to this condition. Basically it is sexual dysfunction resulting from permanent damage to the dopamine receptors, which was caused by taking anti-psychotics or other dopamine antagonists.

Mike is one person with this. I have talked to another as well, an older lady, but she refuses any help. So right now just working with one person. Once we figure out that works best for him, that should give me a pretty good idea of how to help others with it.
Moloch

Re: PAPSD (Post Anti-Psychotic Sexual Dysfunction) - Sonny OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Mike23 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:56 am

Sonny wrote:
I am going to go ahead and create a new initialism, and put a name to this condition. Basically it is sexual dysfunction resulting from permanent damage to the dopamine receptors, which was caused by taking anti-psychotics or other dopamine antagonists.

Mike is one person with this. I have talked to another as well, an older lady, but she refuses any help. So right now just working with one person. Once we figure out that works best for him, that should give me a pretty good idea of how to help others with it.

Right on... I ordered the huperzine, and I have it. I ordered the ropinirole and they say it will take 14 to 21 days to receive it. I hope we find something that helps, cause its been pretty hard for me to cope with this. My condition is not something small or a minor detail like sex sometimes not working, it's complete anorgasmia / inability of any orgasm at all. The sensation and performance is completely gone. It's been like Over a year now, since december 2010, since things were normal. So that's like 18 months. (one and a half years). At first it was odd and concerning, but going like a month without sex is not that bad, But after like a year, it's horrible, and very draining and tiring. Sometimes I am so tired, I just kind of instantly fall asleep, like at my desk at work. Sometimes when I wake up in the mornings it all comes back to me, and it's a little bit of a feeling of being in a nightmare for like a second. Then I just try to tell myself to take it easy and not to worry about it.

What used to be (prior to 2010) at a level of 100 % or 90 % sexual function, is now 0 % not even 5 % function. They should really know about this when prescribing such a medication (Abilify 15 mg/day). I think this abilify should be completely removed and not given to people. But maybe different people react in different ways. Also, I never took medications growing up at all. This started in 2010. So maybe I was particularly vulnerable, or I don't know. Maybe people can develop a resistence over time, if they take lots of meds, the body can resist it and deal with it better. I never had any medications growing up.

I am really glad that Sonny is helping me with this. My doctor kept saying there may be a psychological cause, and I was saying: "you don't think I know what is going on with my own body ? " "something is really wrong ! something is medically freaking wrong, get it ? it's been like a year, and in all kinds of scenarios, with my girlfriend, /without my girl friend (alone) with erotic films /without erotic, films. All situations nothing works all of a sudden. So something has happened to my body physically that made this happen. Finally he said it may be the medication. and then a urologist I went to said right away, that is the medication.

I gained a little weight, and I found some odd lumps that we thought were cancer, but tests were done, and that was proven/reasoned to be negative. The weight issue is about 20 to 30 lbs or something (gained since 2008) and it's not that. Due to the blood tests we found that I had very high blood sugar levels, and I have since stopped drinking sugar soda. recent blood test shows that I am in the normal and even very healthy range of blood sugar levels and my doctor is happy now with that. Sexual problem remains unchanged.

I am looking forward to getting better and back to normal, and I hope it is possible. This condition has made me sad, confused, and also resulted in less energy.

In the year 2009 I remember how amazing I was feeling as I was both with and without my girlfriend having an unbelievable time, and sex was outstanding. Also, as far as you want to go back, I had a good experience with sex and this was something that was reliable and a good escape from the stresses of work, and school, etc. Pretty normal, the way it should be.

so yeah, any help is appreciated,

see ya
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Mike23 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:47 am

more info about me, and my situation:

when I was forced to take that "Abilify" , which was about june 2010 until about january 2011, I did not notice that it did anything. I took the pills, one every day (abilify 15 mg), and I did not really notice any effect that it had on me. Maybe a little bit of racing thoughts sometimes, rarely, and that was about it. I did not notice any major difference, like I didn't feel any different.

It was just something that I took every day, before bed, it was a tiny white pill, and I thought it's so tiny, It can't really do anything, so whatever.

But that was definitely wrong, as I have currently no sexual ability at all. It's most likely due to that. Before this abilify fiasco, I was always great with sex, both with and without my girlfriend, and It was always reliable, like when I had sex, it would always work, anytime, everytime, extremely well. And then now, it does not work at all, ever, so it's really extreme as far as what I have seen happen, and I am very thankful now that I will probably find a medication that will help restore normal function.

This whole problem should not have happened, Crying or Very sad and it is really messed up. I will be very happy to get back to normal, and I hope its possible.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Mike23 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:29 am

sept 19th !!
finally received the ropinirole!!
sunny
so now I have the ropinirole, and the huperzine.

if the dopamine receptors need sensitization, and hopefully it's that, then this dopamine agonist (ropinirole) should do the trick

today is the 20th, and I took the first dose tonight.
dosage is one plus one (rop and hup) mornings, and one plus one evenings.

this is the worst f-ing condition I have ever had in my life. I really hope we can find a treatment for this, and also for other people on here .
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Mike23 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:18 am

doseage is : 0.5 milligram ropinirole (1 pill) plus 200 microgram huperzine (1 pill) 2 times a day.
so both of these pills taken at the same time, equals one dose.
dose twice a day . One in morning /with breakfast , and one at night.
Dosage reccommended by Sonny.

thursday night it was working.

the previous day (wednesday) I took one set of pills (one hup and one rop) that night.
the next day, thursday morning I took one set of pills.
and I think that thursday before bed I took one set of pills.
and it was working thursday night.

as far as how good it was working, I would say between a 6 and a 7 on a 1 to 10 scale.

my scale is like this :

7 to 8 = normal/average sex. Common to feel it like this under normal circumstances ( for someone with no medical problem /no pssd/ no papsd )

9 = very good. /extremely good sex

10 = unbelievably good ( top end of the chart) the kind of sex where you start to black out a little bit because it's so good.

6 = good. feeling is good , and it works, but not extreme

5 = it works.

4 = working somewhat, but not a very powerful effect /working faintly.

3 = working a little bit. faint sexual feeling.

2 = barely feeling anything, but slightly noticeable.

1 = very faint /small feeling, almost no feeling at all

0 = is no sexual feeling at all. No matter how much stimulation is applied there is no feeling at all.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Mike23 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:22 am

busy day on friday.

I missed one dose, possibly two doses friday. was on the road, in traffic on a pickup of materials for work, then later exhausted and tired.

(slept well friday night)

saturday it was not working at all. 0. not even a little bit of feeling. A little worried after that, but it was probably because I missed a dose or two.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Sonny on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:46 am

Well let's at least acknowledge what happened here. From your scale above, and your back story, it sounds like you completed a sex act successfully for the first time in over a year, a year where nothing worked at all. That's pretty damn amazing, and you were probably only getting half the effect by that point.

You can't miss dosages, you have to keep taking it. It sounds to me like if you take this stuff continuously, you will be able to have a normal sex life again.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Mike23 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:01 pm

Sonny wrote:
Well let's at least acknowledge what happened here. From your scale above, and your back story, it sounds like you completed a sex act successfully for the first time in over a year, a year where nothing worked at all. That's pretty damn amazing, and you were probably only getting half the effect by that point.

You can't miss dosages, you have to keep taking it. It sounds to me like if you take this stuff continuously, you will be able to have a normal sex life again.

definitely, we should aknowledge that. It really worked that night!

I will work on taking it continuously, have to re order some more, soon as I can.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Sonny on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:35 am

Very good, that's what I like to hear. Well keep taking the huperzine just as you are, and then with the ropinirole experiment with the dosages like you were talking about. You can go up to 3 times a day, or take a whole mg twice a day. Then take the lowest dose that makes your sexual function normal. Keep taking it too, without missing a dose.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Mike23 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:18 am

hmm, ok.

I am not that great at taking pills so often, I have to really make a chart on the wall, for me to keep in mind when I took it.
I did that, made a chart, I now mark a check mark twice a day, after I take the pills.
This is gonna get expensive if I take so much of this, and I will need to reorder. I ordered the 1 mg pills.
I'm happy at work now, so that's good. As happy as I can get with such a condition.

It really did lift my spirits a little bit when it worked cause I felt like I found something that would work.
Anyway, I am known to overthink things, and to over-analyze things. I just need to keep taking the stuff on schedule and report back how its going. I guess that's all I can do.

they should have a small smiley icon, with a smily face banging his head against the wall repeatedly. That's how I feel sometimes.