Wellbutrin

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Lusitanic

Re: Wellbutrin

Unread post by Lusitanic »

They can taper with the immediate release form..
I'm taking Wellbutrin XL(extended release) 300mg..
7 weeks, without results..
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

I endured 4 days in wellbutrin. This first effect this drug is cathastrophical to me- very increase my all symptoms to suicidal attempt ( very worse anhedonia, vigilant, horrible insomnia and very strong depersonalization, huge increase my bad thought and agoraphobia). I very bad reaction to pure NRI- also reboxetine and mianserin is also very bad for me. Noradrenergic drug= shit for me. ( only clomipramine work different and johimbine is very softer tha classic NRI).
noritikas

Bupropion

Unread post by noritikas »

In theory bupropion should fix pssd. why? antidepressant are created to have a sustained effect. One of the effects of bupropion is increase libido so... The effects of antidepressants are supposed to be felt after some time. We need everyone in the forum to try high dose bupropion for a month or two, IMHO.
hs1312

Unread post by hs1312 »

tried 150 mg for a month. didnot do anything
34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22
noritikas

Another facet is that bupropion has more effect on libido when it hits the blood stream directly... without metabolism.
noritikas

hs1312 wrote:tried 150 mg for a month. didnot do anything
150 mg is nothing. i tried a veeery high dose once. Then the effect can be really felt.
Jazzmatazz

Re: Bupropion

Unread post by Jazzmatazz »

noritikas wrote:In theory bupropion should fix pssd. why? antidepressant are created to have a sustained effect. One of the effects of bupropion is increase libido so... The effects of antidepressants are supposed to be felt after some time. We need everyone in the forum to try high dose bupropion for a month or two, IMHO.
Been on bupropion for almost 2 years and it's worsened my sex drive. Also, I can definitely feel an improvement when I lower the dose.
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

noritikas wrote:150 mg is nothing. i tried a veeery high dose once. Then the effect can be really felt.
High doses will cause seizures and should be avoided! The regular dose is 150 or 300 mg. In the US, as far as I know, Bupropion is also available at 450 mg.

Bupropion are usually sustained release pills, meaning that forcibly bypassing the sustained release mechanism by splitting pills or even by snorting, inhaling or injecting it can lead to overdosing with severe negative effects.

Recommending something like this is irresponsible and dangerous.
Lusitanic

Unread post by Lusitanic »

You have a wannabe Doctor who nobody knows in person doing the same...and is getting paid...
About wellbutrin, i took it 2 months the extended release version 300mg, for me it only made my cigarretes (i'm a very light smoker) taste like sh..if anything, worsened my pssd symptoms...
Octopus

Unread post by Octopus »

For those of you who got some benefit from Wellbutrin, have you found anything else that also works for you?

I took Wellbutrin for a little over a year because it was helping with my PSSD symptoms. Then it eventually pooped out on me and I quit taking it for a while. I recently began taking it again along with St. John’s Wort, at the advice of Meso. I think it might be helping but it’s too soon to tell. The problem is, Wellbutrin seems to make my headaches and migraines worse. Lately I’ve been having daily headaches and if it keeps up, I think I may have to quit taking Wellbutrin. Hoping to find a substitute that could help manage PSSD symptoms.