Wellbutrin

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
sokeros

Re: Wellbutrin

Unread post by sokeros »

EndofLife wrote:Has anyone tried bupropion forPSSD? Did it increase arousal or libido?
I found this link and it has many positive reviews. http://chinspirations.com/mhsourcepage/ ... mmGS9KLS2x
As far as I am concerned,it helped me to some extent let's say +20-30%(?) Mainly it gave me sexual motivation and thoughts and some spontaneous erections.I can not assess the full impact for one reason:When i was taking it i was not aware of pssd yet and wellbutrin is an antidepresant so it is a mood helper.What I am trying to say is that I was definetely better (compared to now) when i was taking it, but this does not mean that it eliminated to a great extent the calamities that was caused by the chronial administration of ssri's.
Personally i consider it as a measure of last resort.
Cipralex 10mg (escitalopram) 9/10-6/11
Cipralex 10 mg(escitalopram)2/12-7/12
Cymbalta 60mg (duloxetine)+Mirtamor 5-6/13
Cipralex10 mg+Welbutrin 150mg 6/13-12/13
Cipralex10 mg +Welbutrin 150mg +Seroquel 6/14-9/14
jaiho

Re: BUPROPION & PSSD: experiences

Unread post by jaiho »

Strangely enough, for me, Wellbutrin completely blocked my ability to Orgasm similar to a potent SSRI.
Im not sure why that is. I was certain the inorgasmia is from strong extracellular serotonin.
fasttrack1982

Unread post by fasttrack1982 »

Wellbutrin has been the one thing that has helped my depression since developing PSSD, but it doesn't do anything to improve my PSSD symptoms. I take 600 MG per day.
Bunny

Unread post by Bunny »

I had mixed results when I was on Bupropion XL (300mg a day from 2009-2014). I started having sexual feelings once I got up to the right dose (as opposed to none at all), but they were still very muted -- windows of "true" healing were few and far between (although I will say that when it was good, it was very, very good). Most of the time sex was pretty "meh" but I was able to reach orgasm at least some of the time and be into it enough to satisfy my partner, although I rarely ever masturbated or had sexual fantasies. I also had pretty chronic constipation while I was on it, and had trouble sleeping through the night due to restless legs.
Female
Various SSRI's for OCD 2001-2003; no sexual SE's
300mg Zoloft 2003-2007; no sexual SE's (tapered off Mar. 2007)
200mg sertraline 2008-2009; immediate sexual SE's (began Nov. 2008, CT'd early 2009 and developed PSSD)
PSSD 2009-2018
STILL CURED
silverstar

Wellbutrin

Unread post by silverstar »

Hi all I have a boatload of Wellbutrin here. I'm thinking about taking 25 milligrams of it a day or less. Has anybody had any success with micro dosing Wellbutrin?

I'm using a handful of supplements that I feel are good for brain health and DNA repair in general

It's been over 10 months since my complete 100 percent genital anesthesia, 0 libdio, 0 sexual thoughts, impossible to orgasm, less lubricant (I'm female). All areas of my genitals are numb the clitoris lips labia and Inter vaginal walls are completely numb to any sexual pleasure and in the beginning I couldn't feel urination pressure or know when I had to pee. It was terrifying. I was totally numb over night.

I would say that the complete genital anesthesia has subsided some and I can feel urination now somewhat. I still am very dull down there with little tactile sensations or feeling.

My orgasm has been the best thing to improve but it still very muted and weak. My vagina is pale and has very little blood flow. It feels rubbery and not sexual. I used to be very sexual. :|

Sex is lifeless in a way.... The spark is missing...the emotional lust and craving is 0 ... I'm not used to that...as I had a very active sex life up until the morning I went numb.

I hope to continue slowly recovering. I am losing hope though

I am taking:

Low dose ioninc liquid lithium 500 micrograms
Nac on occasion
R and s alpha lipoic acid daily
Neuro magnesium daily
Krill and fish oil called mood daily
Probiotics daily
Rhodiolia as needed for anxiety
A liquid multi vitamin called LiquiVie daily

Mostly Paleo diet
Mostly organic food
I walk daily
Want to start yoga again

I had a crazy thought that if we all met up, showed who we really are ... Tried to have some fun...record some of these stories...we'd get more attention and news coverage. I used to meet up with this one video game community every year at a hotel people met from all over the world in North Carolina to hangout and meet everyone who played this game in real life

Maybe one day we can meet and share our struggles and triumphs. Validation and community are important for healing.
I propose Florida cause it's warm :) just an idea.
forexworld12

Re: Micro dosing wellbutrin

Unread post by forexworld12 »

silverstar wrote:Hi all I have a boatload of Wellbutrin here. I'm thinking about taking 25 milligrams of it a day or less. Has anybody had any success with micro dosing Wellbutrin?.
no harm in trying silverstar. but why do you want to try it ?..I went up to 450mg .. all it did was irritate me made me restless and angry ..

I would be very very surprised if wellbutrin works for anyone at all...

it doesn't have any effect on serotonin or dopamine.. Primarily an NRI . and that's about it !
silverstar

Unread post by silverstar »

It worked one day for me to improve sensitivity, orgasm and libido/lust back in February ... for One day... At 50 mg then it never worked again.

I wonder why I got that one amazing window ...after trying it once in Feb. Never got the same result again.

I guess I want to try again...but maybe micro dose it?

I'm running out of ideas obviously :( I also want to know why it worked for 1 day and then never had success with it again
forexworld12

silverstar wrote:It worked one day for me to improve sensitivity, orgasm and libido/lust back in February ... for One day... At 50 mg then it never worked again.

I wonder why I got that one amazing window ...after trying it once in Feb. Never got the same result again.

I guess I want to try again...but maybe micro dose it?

I'm running out of ideas obviously :( I also want to know why it worked for 1 day and then never had success with it again
wellbutrin is a very weak SSRI as well. so the initial improvement may be due to increased SERT due to serotonin activation followed by downregulation.. it's just a wild guess or maybe it was just a honeymoon effect?

you need something that could significantly and consistently decrease serotonin transmission in the brain and increase dopamine transmission and it should work for long term...
Bunny

Unread post by Bunny »

Speaking as another girl -- Wellbutrin XL has definitely worked for me, but it's always spotty (and only at 300mg, which is the dose that works for most people, if it's going to work at all). I would have random days where my sexual appetite became voracious -- gained back my vaginal sensitivity/lubrication, orgasms, and "mental" libido -- but feel numb the rest of the time. Right now I'm back on 300mg. (The last time I took it, a month ago, it was like a sugar pill. No idea why.) Even if it doesn't work for you, I've read that it is synergistic with other dopaminergic drugs. I am going to experiment myself by adding something like cabergoline or some other dopamine agonist soon.

OT, but have you had your sex hormones tested? I tested mine and my estrogen was really high. My progesterone was also very low. (I'm on oral progesterone now.) You might benefit from finding out if you have hormonal imbalances, and addressing them. Don't lose hope.
Female
Various SSRI's for OCD 2001-2003; no sexual SE's
300mg Zoloft 2003-2007; no sexual SE's (tapered off Mar. 2007)
200mg sertraline 2008-2009; immediate sexual SE's (began Nov. 2008, CT'd early 2009 and developed PSSD)
PSSD 2009-2018
STILL CURED
forexworld12

Bunny wrote:Speaking as another girl -- Wellbutrin XL has definitely worked for me, but it's always spotty (and only at 300mg, which is the dose that works for most people, if it's going to work at all). I would have random days where my sexual appetite became voracious -- gained back my vaginal sensitivity/lubrication, orgasms, and "mental" libido -- but feel numb the rest of the time. Right now I'm back on 300mg. (The last time I took it, a month ago, it was like a sugar pill. No idea why.) Even if it doesn't work for you, I've read that it is synergistic with other dopaminergic drugs. I am going to experiment myself by adding something like cabergoline or some other dopamine agonist soon.

OT, but have you had your sex hormones tested? I tested mine and my estrogen was really high. My progesterone was also very low. (I'm on oral progesterone now.) You might benefit from finding out if you have hormonal imbalances, and addressing them. Don't lose hope.
hey bunny.. so when did you get your estrogen checked ? was it just recently ? or did it correspond with the high libido ?