Wellbutrin

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Numby

Re: Wellbutrin

Unread post by Numby »

@octopus I wouldn’t change anything now. It’s been only two weeks and, as you say, it stopped working when you combined it with Buspar. As far as I can see, Buspar is a dopamine antagonist, whereas Bupropion is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor. So maybe there was some kind of (unknown) interaction. You can still change dosage or start cycling if you find out that the positive effects do not return. You’ve had a complete year of positive effects and two weeks where it hasn’t worked, so don’t panic.
Truskawa

Unread post by Truskawa »

My doctor prescribed me Wellbutrin 150mg.
Today is the fifth day I am taking it and so far my Dick is dead.
What could it be? I don't understand it. I mean, nearly all the reports about Wellbutrin claim that people felt better at the beginning and then the effect slowly wore off.
Should I give it a try still?
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

I’d take it for at least 3 weeks. It took me 9 days to realize a positive effect. And then it took some time until it had developed its full potential. And you could up dosage after some time (not now though, the side effects could become worse if you increase dosage too early). I am 139lbs/63kg and take 300mg.
hs1312

Unread post by hs1312 »

34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22
hs1312

Unread post by hs1312 »

I am going to try wellbutrin. I think it can help

My question is:
I have a 150mg tablet. i want to break it and take 1/3rd of it. does anyone know if breaking a wellbutrin tablet is a good idea?
Actually i had tried wellbutrin 150mg pre SSRIs and it gave me very bad anxiety. thats why i do not want to risk taking a big dose as 150mg.

Let me know
ed, low libido, fatigue,
WrittenDEC22
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

hs1312 wrote:I am going to try wellbutrin. I think it can help

My question is:
I have a 150mg tablet. i want to break it and take 1/3rd of it. does anyone know if breaking a wellbutrin tablet is a good idea?
Actually i had tried wellbutrin 150mg pre SSRIs and it gave me very bad anxiety. thats why i do not want to risk taking a big dose as 150mg.

Let me know
the wellbutrin i used was the extended release (XR) version, which you should not break.
hs1312

Unread post by hs1312 »

Jaxx wrote:
hs1312 wrote:I am going to try wellbutrin. I think it can help

My question is:

Let me know
the wellbutrin i used was the extended release (XR) version, which you should not break.
why should it not be broken?
I am really worried to take 150mg as its too big a dose and 3 years ago it caused me really bad panic anxiety
ed, low libido, fatigue,
WrittenDEC22
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

the pill is designed to control the release over time, if you break it you will get too much at once.
i assume the pill does not have a splitting line in it?
mrstaircase

Unread post by mrstaircase »

Stay away from it. It does the same as an ssri but much faster. Decreases the 5ht1a autoreceptor but masks it with noadrenaline and dopamine.
hs1312

Unread post by hs1312 »

Yes it does not hv splitting line. 150 mg is the smallest dose in Netherlands. I wonder how do ppl taper it
ed, low libido, fatigue,
WrittenDEC22