What works (so far) and what doesn't

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
xlmplmplmp

What works (so far) and what doesn't

Unread post by xlmplmplmp »

Hey ya'll.

Xlmplmplmp here with a little update. Uh, I'm a wordy guy, so beware, this isn't exactly light reading. I've been doing the over the counter supplement game for a minute now and want to give my insight into what I've learned so far. I'll post the things that I have found helpful as well as things to try tentatively or maybe avoid because they don't seem to do that much. Keep in mind the placebo effect is real, so don't discount that during my rundown. Also, I'm male, so if you don't have a male body, this may not be up your alley.

MOST HELPFUL TO LEAST HELPFUL:

Catuaba Bark (Swanson - 465mg / 60 capsules)

So far, unfortunately, I haven't found anything to increase genital sensation or orgasm strength. But for erection quality and duration, as well as spontaneous erections during the day, this as well as the sup below seem to be the best bet. Catuaba Bark doesn't cause me the same anxiety and cognitive effects as Yohimbe. I take 1 capsule twice daily and generally feel more motivated as well as feeling closer to what I used to feel physically since PSSD. I get this stuff via Amazon. It's not a cure-all, but this has the most noticeable beneficial effect so far.

Oregon Grape (Nature's Way - 500mg / 90 capsules)

As far as I can tell, on par with Catuaba Bark. I've only tried this for a few weeks or so but it is similar to the above. I've noticed no negative interactions between the two, but again, it's always safer to try this route one sup at a time. The effects seem similar to Catuaba Bark, so if you have to try one or the other, choose whatever is within your budget or availability.

Turmeric Root Powder (Starwest Botanticals - 1 lb finely ground gold powder)

Okay, so you gotta sprinkle this on your food. Make sure you grind a lot of black pepper whenever you use this because that increases the absorption of the compound by a significant degree. So far, I've found this sup, when added enough, increases my emotional response to events in my life. I haven't quite found the best foods to mix it to, but generally, eggs, rice and veggies seem to work with this. Anything you can make into a curry seems to be a good fit for this. If you don't want to mess with the cooking aspect, you can find this added to black pepper in capsule form. I don't know where, though.

Zinc Gluconate (Finest Nutrition - 50mg / 100 capsules)

So Zinc plays into the Testosterone pathway in ways I don't quite understand. I put this below the other three sups above because taking this stuff makes me angry, lol. Like, throughout the day, I feel like getting shit done but always with a frown on my face. I know there are different variations of zinc compounds on the market. I'm open for suggestions as to what the best version is to take. I can't really recommend the version I have outline above, because outside of making me really pissed for no reason, it doesn't seem to do that much.

L-Arginine (Nature's Bounty - 1000mg / 50 capsules)

Alright this shit is weird, no lie. I've taken it a few times but every time I do I get really severe cognitive effects. Like, time slows down and stuff like that, for real. Now, a person with PSSD likely doesn't have normal physiology to begin with, but this shit makes me loopy, no lie. This sup promotes Nitric Oxide synthesis, which I've read helps with erection and emotional attachment strength. Uh, maybe it does, but as I can't take this stuff and walk straight, it's not really worth it in the end.

Ginkgo Biloba / Lecithin / Fish Oil (Whatever - whatever)

So, I know each these is supposed to do something, but so far, I haven't found any of those to do anything noticeable, at least on the short term.

So, uh, that's my analysis so far. Feel free to add anything you've found related to the stuff I detailed above. If anyone has any recommendations about stuff to try, feel free to post that below.
Tenyears27

Re: What works (so far) and what doesn't

Unread post by Tenyears27 »

How's your sleep? Do you get much rest?