Low Dose SSRI (Reinstatement)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
concernedAdult

Venlafaxine anyone?

Unread post by concernedAdult »

Female PSSD caused by 37.5mg Effexor XR over 3 yrs.
Total genital anesthesia. Has anyone recovered from this with with low dose ?
wellthatsuckss

Re: Low Dose SSRI (Reinstatement)

Unread post by wellthatsuckss »

I took approximately 3.75mg Paroxetine. Had a dream that night which rarely happens. Other than this there were no good or bad changes. I don't know if i should continue or not.
Low response to both sexual and emotional stimuli
I still got nocturnal and morning erections but they are mechanical and devoid of sexual nature.
Almost non existent anxiety.
wendysnutswork

Unread post by wendysnutswork »

Ghost wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:12 pm I spoke with my friend. Still cured. He is working on writing up something and even wants to help with some sort of Q+A or even talking to anyone interested over the phone or forum. He's doing great in nearly every aspect.

He's still busy but wants to work with the community to share his story in the best way possible.

I will share updates as I receive them.
Hey Ghost, are there any updates regarding your friend that's cured from pssd from reinstating since it's been a year now. Also, if it worked for your friend why aren't you reinstating as well then?
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

I can't understand why people go back to this poisons. People that say they are "cured" by reinstatement maybe just have mental ilness.
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
wendysnutswork

Trazohell wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:38 am I can't understand why people go back to this poisons. People that say they are "cured" by reinstatement maybe just have mental ilness.
There is literally no way to tell if these people that are cured by reinstatement just have "mental illness" unless you're one of the people to have successfully reinstated to fix pssd or personally know the person who has successfully reinstated -- just like many of the other pssd solutions that have worked for others in the past, so it's unproductive to make that comment.

At this point, a lot of people are willing to try out solutions especially ones that have worked for others in the past such as reinstatement, since we have been suffering from pssd already for years so there really isn't much to lose.

@Ghost, I know you are busy with your personal life as we all are but I really hope you can update us on the status of your friend's situation. Also, I do not mean this offensively, I just find it questionable as to why you didn't reinstate as well if your close, personal friend has done it with success. It has also been nearly a year since your update of your friend having resolved his pssd symptoms, but you have posted about other topics. If that were me personally, having a close friend having resolved pssd I would jump on whatever solution he/she used unless I'm weary about it having fixed them. Again, I do not write that as an attack on your persona, I am genuinely curious on your thought process. Thanks.
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

wendysnutswork wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:48 pm
Trazohell wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:38 am I can't understand why people go back to this poisons. People that say they are "cured" by reinstatement maybe just have mental ilness.
or personally know the person who has successfully reinstated
And this is the problem. People can tell a lot, but if we don't know their backgrounds we can never be sure. Also don't forget all the fake accounts that others created to test their theories by using people as guinea pigs.
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

He was totally cured but then work got stressful and he went back on SSRIs and things came back. It seemed the cure was permanent but he really was struggling without the meds. He has severe anxiety and for him it was hard to work without the SSRI. I'll have to follow up again to see how he's doing.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
wendysnutswork

Ghost wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:12 pm I spoke with my friend. Still cured. He is working on writing up something and even wants to help with some sort of Q+A or even talking to anyone interested over the phone or forum. He's doing great in nearly every aspect.

He's still busy but wants to work with the community to share his story in the best way possible.

I will share updates as I receive them.
Is there an update on your friend’s situation? It’s been 2 years since you said that you said you were working on a full page write up of the situation “in perfect detail” and your friend possibly doing a Q and A :(.
Last edited by wendysnutswork on Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryjoseph97

Unread post by ryjoseph97 »

I went on 20 mg citalopram 23 days ago, but stopped two days ago due to severe brain fog and anxiety. Noticed some sexual improvements off and on and they seem to have persisted. Orgasm and libido are still weak, but PE is much better and semen amount is much more, especially today. I don't have ED. Citalopram has a 36 hour half-life to my knowledge and it takes about 7 days for 99% depletion. So, I still have some in my system from my last dose 2 days ago.

Brain fog has subsided tremendously, though social anxiety is still strong. Not sure if I should continue the 20mg or try pete's (PSSDLab) regimen. Anyways, I thought this might be insightful.

PSSD for 4.5 years (most likely from citalopram, but I've tried them all)
IHateProzac

Unread post by IHateProzac »

Are people going back on the low dose of same brand of SSRI or trying different brands as well?