Low Dose SSRI (Reinstatement)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
guacamo

Re: Low Dose SSRI (Reinstatement)

Unread post by guacamo »

In theory the best SSRI to do this is the one with the shortest half-life so if things go wrong u can just stop taking it and be normal next day. Here is a list of SSRI's categorized by half-lifes.
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Br ... nergic.png
Fluoxetine is the worst to do it, basically it stays in your body for weeks, the best would be either venlafaxine, which is SNRI or paroxetine.
Personally I think SSRI's reinstatement is a waste of time.
IHateProzac

Unread post by IHateProzac »

guacamo wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:04 am In theory the best SSRI to do this is the one with the shortest half-life so if things go wrong u can just stop taking it and be normal next day. Here is a list of SSRI's categorized by half-lifes.
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Br ... nergic.png
Fluoxetine is the worst to do it, basically it stays in your body for weeks, the best would be either venlafaxine, which is SNRI or paroxetine.
Personally I think SSRI's reinstatement is a waste of time.

Venlafaxine (Effexor) didn't go well with me. Gave me mood swings, but I mostly remained in depressed mood. However, life was also quite desperate (if not depressing) for me at the time. In any case, good mood was hard to come by.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

My opinion is that SSRI's reinstatement is not valid practice to help PSSD in any way, it happened to help 2 times but there is basically no information on how to mimic the circumstances that were there.
iwantmylifeback

Unread post by iwantmylifeback »

Can anyone give updates on if this helped them?
Also, was anyone given PSSD by one or two doses then stopped, then reinstated a year later with results? I’m terrified to try Prozac again. It seems like a horrific idea. But my friend said initially when she started Prozac she lost her orgasm but it came back when she LEveled out. She never stopped though. This happened to me in paxil withdrawal from a dose of 5mg prozac. Do we really think taking prozac again for a few weeks would resensitize?
iwantmylifeback

Unread post by iwantmylifeback »

sylv wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:25 pm Take a look at people who claim to have recovered ( Pete for example ). Almost all of them had windows of an improvement previously. When significantly recovering, they associate as a "cure" some random thing like antibiotic, vitamin, antifungal, herbs, dopaminergics, whatever they took at given moment. Everything unrelated by mechanism, so many "cures"

It points out to natural recovery as culprit and to treatments as merely facilitating agents in the best scenario if not placebos.

Years ago I have thought of myself as being 90% cured. With full range of emotions and intellectual capabilities - successfully returned to a normal life and very difficult studying. I have almost forgot about this ( actually previous ) forum . But I made an error by wanting too much 100% recovery. Over experimentation has let to permanent worsening of PSSD, losing almost all the progress. The nature of PSSD have changed ( permanently lowered "depth" of emotions, very bad working memory, terrible anaesthesia and insomnia) . I have crashed second time and it still does persist - without any windows of normal functionality. That was 5 years ago, 7 years of PSSD (Post SSRI SynDrome ) overall.

You can get almost full functional recovery. But I would say the changes by which SSRI has rendered PSSD as possible to happen are probably for a life. So please be extremely careful what you take. SSRIs foremost

Do not PMe about details. I won't login for an another month. Also, I am still extremely confused and unsure what exactly has happened and what have caused second unexpected crash.
This is confusing to me. Did this person reinstate SSRI or have their recovery naturally? I hope they’re ok.
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

Lost wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:08 pm No anxiety, full range of emotions and hypersexuality? Winning the lottery
Muhahahha, I really laughed. :-D
I thought this day was doomed, but then I read your comment and burst out laughing. :-)
Ooops: It's been 2 years ago already...
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

https://old.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/com ... clusion_3/
This Reddit topic is interesting. It's not PSSD related, though.
Fra93

Unread post by Fra93 »

I have been taking Paroxetine for 9 years. Now, after a slow and gradual scaling, I have been drug-free for 20 days. My main complaints are insomnia (5/6 hours of low quality sleep), cold night sweats and lack of morning erection. I have had a drop in libido since taking off my medications, but my libido is not low. The doctor proposes a reintroduction of low dose Paroxetine (starting from 2 mg). I actually had no problems while on Paroxetine at 10mg, and I also had a burst of libido while scaling, only to get worse when I took it all off. The doctor recommends a low-dose reintroduction to fix insomnia. I have tried melatonin and EN to fix insomnia with little result. I add that by removing the EN my libido is significantly improved (I was taking only 10 drops).
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

Fra93 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:22 am I have been taking Paroxetine for 9 years. Now, after a slow and gradual scaling, I have been drug-free for 20 days. My main complaints are insomnia (5/6 hours of low quality sleep), cold night sweats and lack of morning erection. I have had a drop in libido since taking off my medications, but my libido is not low. The doctor proposes a reintroduction of low dose Paroxetine (starting from 2 mg). I actually had no problems while on Paroxetine at 10mg, and I also had a burst of libido while scaling, only to get worse when I took it all off. The doctor recommends a low-dose reintroduction to fix insomnia. I have tried melatonin and EN to fix insomnia with little result. I add that by removing the EN my libido is significantly improved (I was taking only 10 drops).
Go to surviving antidepressants and write your story, they will help
alteredhomeostasis

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

What’s up folks, been a while. Posting because I saw a dude above just say there’s no evidence reinstatement works. Might not work for everyone but I’m still doing great on my Prozac (10mg) + buspar (30mg) combo.

No depression, no anhedonia, quality of life is excellent. Have tons of energy and feel great all the time. I often wake up at 3-5am just to play video games and hang out before my kids get up. Best time of the day.

Sexually I’m maybe 70-80% ? Hard to quantify - but I do get horny and sometimes I feel the libido pumping and will have sex and/or masterbate a few times a day.

This is year 5 by the way. Got pssd from a month of 20mg lexapro. Went from hyper sexual to insane ED, PE, and complete lack of sexuality pretty much overnight once I stopped the lexapro.

Years 1-3 were drug free and absolutely the worst of my life.

If you’re on Reddit I occasionally comment on stuff there. Seems a lot more active than this forum these days. If you want to chat with me or ask questions feel free to hit me up, handle is Usopps.