Lithium orotate + DHEA

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
bockemossen

Lithium orotate + DHEA

Unread post by bockemossen »

I've been tempted to try lithium for a while after reading success storys about it here and on reddit.

I started with 2,5 mg lithium orotate (elemental) and 15 mg oral DHEA. Initial positive effects at dosage increases of lithium but faded quicklly. But after about 2 weeks on 5 mg lithium + DHEA and then 2 days on 30 mg DHEA, I felt a pretty strong window. But it was mostly negative. More anxiety/fight or flight response and more melancholic mood. STRONG lifting of dissociation, but not completely.

I could not handle the "side effects" so I dropped DHEA to 15 mg and the effects stopped. Everything felt too real. I'm probably not ready for reality.

My main symptoms are emotional blunting and mild to moderate anhedonia + low libido, some reduced sensitivity, but PE. The PE improved a bit actuallly.

I've taken 2,5-5 mg lithium for several weeks after, without DHEA and have not felt the same effects. So the combo maybe is important. The combo is similar to lithium + panax ginseng/Clomiphene (raises LH-> more test and estrogen) which Meso have been recomending. DHEA only raise estrogen significantly on 15 mg and more.

Maybe it was just a coincident, I will have to try it again to make sure. Just wanted to share.

I'm tired as f#ck so sorry for the writing.'
lookingforacure

Re: Lithium orotate + DHEA

Unread post by lookingforacure »

Would I be able to do this on 50 mg Sertraline? I can’t reduce any further, I get really bad rumination on negative events in the past and no matter how much I meditate I can’t take it
ihatelexapro444

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

Yeah a lot of people have been saying lithium cured their PSSD, but I think they're talking about the pharmaceutical version, where they get prescribed lithium from doctors, not lithium orotate, though I wonder if it matters.

Would love to hear this elaborated more or researched into, why does lithium fix PSSD for some people?
pilha

Unread post by pilha »

ihatelexapro444 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:38 am Yeah a lot of people have been saying lithium cured their PSSD, but I think they're talking about the pharmaceutical version, where they get prescribed lithium from doctors, not lithium orotate, though I wonder if it matters.

Would love to hear this elaborated more or researched into, why does lithium fix PSSD for some people?
I read two theories about that.

One regarding 5HT1A heteroreceptor downregulation theory. Lithium can enhance this factor that upregulate heteroreceptor and downregulate autoreceptor https://www.reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/ ... ceptor_vs/

The other explanation concerns the epigenetic changes. Somehow lithium can "regulate" epigenetic https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 4021004948

We have theories for everythig, 5HT1A, microbiome, small fiver neuropathy, brain inflamation and so on... I have no ideia who is right, maybe everyone. I believe there is something about lithium because all the sucess stories and personally i know a woman that was 30 years with genital numbness because she couldn't stop SSRI's. Two years ago she regain sensitivity. I asked her if by any chance she took lithium and she said yes, 3 or 4 years ago she was precribed lithium.
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

pilha wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:23 pm
ihatelexapro444 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:38 am Yeah a lot of people have been saying lithium cured their PSSD, but I think they're talking about the pharmaceutical version, where they get prescribed lithium from doctors, not lithium orotate, though I wonder if it matters.

I read two theories about that.

One regarding 5HT1A heteroreceptor downregulation theory. Lithium can enhance this factor that upregulate heteroreceptor and downregulate autoreceptor https://www.reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/ ... ceptor_vs/

The other explanation concerns the epigenetic changes. Somehow lithium can "regulate" epigenetic https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 4021004948

We have theories for everythig, 5HT1A, microbiome, small fiver neuropathy, brain inflamation and so on... I have no ideia who is right, maybe everyone. I believe there is something about lithium because all the sucess stories and personally i know a woman that was 30 years with genital numbness because she couldn't stop SSRI's. Two years ago she regain sensitivity. I asked her if by any chance she took lithium and she said yes, 3 or 4 years ago she was precribed lithium.
I also saw that it worked on the glutamatergic system and that it improved the production of nitric oxide (maybe this plays a role in inflammation)

I read that it improves something in the frontal cortex, that there is something happening with allopregnanolone at this level in schizophrenics

I also read that it would help with irritable bowel syndrome possibly due to nitric oxide production it could just as easily be due to allopregnanolone which also interests me because I have IBS
Determined-Mind

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

personally i know a woman that was 30 years with genital numbness because she couldn't stop SSRI's. Two years ago she regain sensitivity. I asked her if by any chance she took lithium and she said yes, 3 or 4 years ago she was precribed lithium.
Wow

What a story of hope! 30 years with genital numbness... Do you know more about sexual pleasure? Did she experience pleasurable sensations? Did lithium help them regain pleasure?

Personally, I ordered lithium orotate a few days ago. I'll be starting it in the next few weeks.

Let's keep in touch with our improvements and experiments!
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
Determined-Mind

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

Actually, on rereading, if she hadn't stopped SSRIs, it wasn't PSSD but a medication-related side effect.

PSSD is reported 6 months after stopping the medication and is persistent sexual dysfunction - without any drugs.
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
lookingforacure

Unread post by lookingforacure »

I just started trialling lithium orotate and dhea (took 5 and 20 mg respectively), I still take 75 mg Sertraline and 3-400 mg full spectrum cbd oil per day, as I need them for my mental health. I’ll let you guys know if anything happens.
pilha

Unread post by pilha »

Determined-Mind wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:17 pm Actually, on rereading, if she hadn't stopped SSRIs, it wasn't PSSD but a medication-related side effect.

PSSD is reported 6 months after stopping the medication and is persistent sexual dysfunction - without any drugs.
Of course is not PSSD... i told "she couldn't stop SSRI's" for some reason. By the way that 6 months rule is just what some people from foruns say, the are no scientific/medical guidelines about this. some other people say it's a 3 months off to be sure...

I shared the story because it's interesting anyway. She is still on SSRI's and somehow the side effects are gone. Eventually what can reverse PSSD can be used to avoid side effects. Maybe it's a coincidence, I have no idea, but i never read a PSSD story like "i was on this SSRI and lithium". And lithium is widly prescribed for bipolar disorder so i guess there are a lot of people on both.

I don't know details about it, she just told me she was married, she had kids and never felt pleasure. Her expression was " I never had a clitoris till 2 years ago"
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

lookingforacure wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:44 pm I just started trialling lithium orotate and dhea (took 5 and 20 mg respectively), I still take 75 mg Sertraline and 3-400 mg full spectrum cbd oil per day, as I need them for my mental health. I’ll let you guys know if anything happens.
you should be careful with cbd and antidepressants. cbd inhibits cytochrome P450 (CYP450) enzymes. this can either increase the concentration of your antidepressant because the enzyme can't break it down properly, or decrease its concentration because the enzyme can't metabolize it. either way, it leads to side effects that recur because you don't achieve a balance in antidepressant concentration. i experienced this with escitalopram and cbd. i had diarrhoea and constipation, headaches, heavy sweating, drowsiness during the day and insomnia.
It's like taking a different dose of Sertraline every day.