Hello

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Hope4recovery1989

Hello

Unread post by Hope4recovery1989 »

Hi there, I'm new to the forum. I'm struggling everyday thinking recovery isn't possible. I struggle to find any success stories. Has there been ant genuine success stories of people who got there emotions back
Thanks
Titeuf

Re: Hello

Unread post by Titeuf »

Hello and welcome. I have read testimonials from people here who have had good recoveries.
How long have you been experiencing your symptoms?
what medicine did you take? how long ? and are you still under treatment?
Do you practice a sport?
do you smoke (tobacco, weed)?
I have read testimonials here of people having improvements with mianserin or lithium.
lithium apparently has more potential.
Hope4recovery1989

Titeuf wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:03 am Hello and welcome. I have read testimonials from people here who have had good recoveries.
How long have you been experiencing your symptoms?
what medicine did you take? how long ? and are you still under treatment?
Do you practice a sport?
do you smoke (tobacco, weed)?
I have read testimonials here of people having improvements with mianserin or lithium.
lithium apparently has more potential.
Thanks for your reply. Can you give me a link to the testimonials? This all started last June, I cold turkeyed off sertraline and concerta. I took sertraline since 2017 and concerta only for a few months. I run a few times a week. I work full time in a physical job.
Hope4recovery1989

It looks like they recovered from sexual problems and not emotions
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

I think it goes hand in hand. if they feel more motivation, more excitement, more sexual pleasure, it is because they are capable of feeling pleasure in general and satisfaction with their life. Bunny seems to be feeling better about herself. about the first, I haven't reread the topic. now nothing is sure, it may or may not work.
Determined-Mind

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

They don't necessarily go hand in hand. Personally, I'm a "pure case of sexual dysfunction".

I don't have depression or anxiety.

I manage to take pleasure in everyday activities (video games, cooking, travel planning, vacations).

But I get no pleasure from my sexual organs and extremely limited/almost no pleasure from the rest of my body. The most erogenous area of my body at the moment is my back. And I've known it to be more erogenous than it is right now.
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

do you take lithium?
Determined-Mind

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

No, a few days ago I started LDN (low dose naltrexone) and I'm thinking of starting Dextromethorphan soon (with added bupropion).

I've noted the lithium for later (when I've finished my magnesium threonate cure).
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

can you say I'm happy? i'm satisfied with my life?
you may have been in this state for a very long time that you got used to it and you think that it's your original state, I mean when everything was fine. for example, I no longer feel anxiety although I know that I have it but since escitalopram 20mg, I no longer feel things the same way. before I had big attacks of spasmophilia, now I don't have them anymore since escitalopram, but I know it's still there but my body expresses it differently. nor joy, I no longer have fits of laughter. on the other hand I feel a kind of frustration which is daily or irritability which I did not have before. it's a kind of inner tension.
and I think yes it goes hand in hand. if someone thinks negative things about themselves, denigrates themselves, thoughts of death, I don't think that leaves space for sexual fantasies. and on the other hand, it's not because we feel good about ourselves that we have a rich sex life or that we have fantasies.