introduction: Sonny - Sonny OP

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Moloch

introduction: Sonny - Sonny OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Sonny on Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:34 pm
My story starts back in 1992 when I was 16. That is when I started taking Prozac. It took a while before I really noticed problems. It happened gradually. Mainly I started having trouble reaching orgasm. I did have a little trouble with erections too. I was off Prozac in 1993, I can't remember exactly when. It may have even been at the beginning of the year before I turned 17. However my problem just continued to gradually get worse. I think being young masked the problem because young guys tend to ejaculate within a few minutes of the initiation of stimulation. So the problem kept getting worse until I was in my mid 20's or so. The severity of symptoms was never constant. It would vary quite a bit. There were times when I could get off in as little as 20 minutes. However there were other times it could take hours. It always took a great deal of stimulation as well. There were times where even getting hard would be very difficult. I of course saw doctors, but with no results. Nobody knows what is wrong and they don't want to deal with it.

I didn't even know this had anything to do with having been on Prozac until recently. However I did notice that my symptoms while not on an SSRI were identical to people who were on them.

It is kind of hard to describe, but one of the symptoms I have is a loss of one type of libido. I put libido in two categories. The first is the physical feeling you have. Like if it has been over a certain period of time since you last had an orgasm (this time varies for everyone). It's that raw physical urge that has nothing to do with whatever might be turning you on. You might call it your sex drive. Well, mine is fairly high. If it wasn't this problem wouldn't be so troubling. However if you feel a strong need to cum, but you can't do it.....well that really sucks. The other type of libido is more the mental part of it. Like you will be turned on by a particular thing, at a particular time. Say for example when you see a person you are attracted to, or some feature that really gets you aroused. Well that feeling seems to pass very quickly for me. If I was not physically aroused, there would be nothing unusual about that. That is how it normally is. However for it to go away, while you are physically turned on, and the stimulation is ongoing.....that's a big problem. Sometimes that is the root of the problem for me.

I also have erection problems a lot. It will go down to 3/4 to halfway hard, and then back up again periodically during any sexual activity. However there are times this doesn't happen. Sometimes the anorgasmia is the only problem I have. It's very unpredictable. There are reasons for that, but I'll go over that when I discuss research. This is mainly to introduce myself to people.

Relationships have definitely been an issue for me. Most women are not very understanding. I have been married twice though. My first marriage ended in divorce for unrelated reasons mainly having to do with my ex-wife's issues, and my not realizing how big of problem that would be. It was the relationships I had before getting married that were affected by my problem. The girlfriends in between my marriages were ok, and my current wife of course is great.

In addition to that information, I'll add this. I am in a technical career. It is best to describe it as being computer related. It actually takes some technical expertise to even understand what I do for a living. Most of my family and friends have no idea what it is I do. I have a lot of interests and hobbies that are eccentric, and sometimes completely incongruent with each other.