hello everyone

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Titeuf

hello everyone

Unread post by Titeuf »

Hello, my name is Aurélien.

I'm from Belgium and my native language is french.
I suffer from several symptoms including PSSD following the use of several molecules including SSRIs.
My symptoms started around the age of 22 and I will be 37 on April 13th.
my first medication prescription was 6 different molecules to take at the same time for anxiety after 15 minutes of consultation with a crazy psychiatrist.
1st escitalopram, 2nd mirtazapine, 3rd solian, 4th sulpiride, 4th and 5th I no longer remember and the dosage of the molecules because it was a master preparation which was made by the pharmacist who prepared it in a capsule.
my symptoms are the same as those described for pssd.

I also suspect that it was as a result of these medications that I developed irritable bowel and terminal constipation or dyschezia, a lack of coordination between the abdominal and pelvic floor muscles during defecation.
I also suffer from anismus which is loss of sensitivity in the rectum and difficulty relaxing the spincter.
I also suffer from an overactive bladder which is often linked to terminal constipation.
I think that all this is linked to SSRIs because like many of you, I have the impression that everything down below is disconnected from my brain which seems to me to explain this loss of coordination or sensation in the rectum and anus .
I also have digestion difficulties. the impression that my digestion is endless with discomfort 1/2 hour after the meal.
I certainly have other symptoms but these are the most disabling and exhausting on a daily basis.
I feel like my life has been wasted for the benefit of pharmaceutical lobbies.
Here in Belgium, I have the impression that no doctor seems to take me seriously when I talk to them about PSSD.
Every time I hear the word depression.
Of course, I have depressive symptoms!
How would you feel if you no longer had the ability to feel pleasure, whether physical or psychological?
depression does not cause genital anesthesia, an inability to have an orgasm.
These symptoms appear only a few hours after the first dose of SSRI, proof that they are not due to the quantity of serotonin present in the brain but rather to an effect of these molecules.
it's still not Chinese to understand and yet we are taken for imbeciles.
they continue to lie and prescribe their poisons with complete impunity.
governments validate these criminal acts and these people are respected because they went to university.
It’s just sickening.
it is practically of the same ilk as the experiments carried out by the Nazis on the Jews or the lobotomies of the last century.
We were castrated.
it's a daily physical and psychological torture that I've been experiencing for 15 years.
often I pray that something will happen, that I will be healed or that I will not wake up in the morning but every morning is the same as the day before and every evening is just as sad.
It's just exhausting.
I just want to be happy and live a normal life.
Thanks for reading me
C12345

Re: hello everyone

Unread post by C12345 »

OP, I’ve just read your post. I’m so sorry for all your losses. These medications are terrible and the attitude of far too many Drs is terrible. I wish there was something I could say. But I hear you. Keep telling your story.
Titeuf

Re: hello everyone

Unread post by Titeuf »

C12345 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:52 pm OP, I’ve just read your post. I’m so sorry for all your losses. These medications are terrible and the attitude of far too many Drs is terrible. I wish there was something I could say. But I hear you. Keep telling your story.
Thank you, it already feels so good to just be heard and to know that the person in front or the one reading isn't thinking "wow, he's just depressed!".
Even my ex boyfriend recently didn't believe me, he thought I was exaggerating or that I didn't want to have sex with him but no matter how much I explained it to him, he didn't seem to make any effort to understand. but of course he didn't see it on a daily basis so he told himself that it was impossible, that it couldn't exist.
anyway, he's a jerk. it's not a big lost. i prefer to be alone than to be gaslighted like the doctors does it.

So thank you.
Being here already does me so much good!
for years I suspected that these drugs had done damage but when I explained it to doctors, I always heard the same thing, so I thought it was me who had a problem, that I wasn't like the others guys.
I felt alone because I couldn't find anything on the subject and 4 or 5 years ago, I don't know how, I finally knew how to put a name to what I was experiencing, that I was not crazy or sick and that many of us suffered from it.