PSSD or pinched nerve ?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
The_Eye

PSSD or pinched nerve ?

Unread post by The_Eye »

I know this is a delicate argument... I've been trying to have back my erogenous sensation for many many years with supplements .

Got a minuscule temporary improvement with EDOVIS, then back to zero sensation.

Yesterday I have noticed this : the numbness in my body is very 'specific' to certain areas ( like the back of my thighs, my lower back, the penile shaft, by buttocks being the numbest part ).

Could I, and other people, have misdiagnosed a 'back issue' for PSSD, thus being on an entire different track for healing compared to the one we should take ?

I know I have a L5-S1 herniated disc, but my 2 GPs dismissed it as a "very generic issue", that could hardly contribute to my numbness.
Determined-Mind

Re: PSSD or pinched nerve ?

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

I read this on a French sexual health site:
The impact of neuropathy on penis sensitivity
Secondly, penile sensitivity can be affected by nerve damage (neuropathy) caused by something other than diabetes. This is most often the result of a surgical complication in the perineal and prostate area (e.g. prostatectomy, as part of prostate cancer treatment).

Perineal neuropathy can also be caused by traumatic sitting (frequently due to a bicycle saddle that is too hard or not adapted to the position).

Perineal and pudendal neuropathies are usually characterized by a sensation of pain (burning), but nerve damage can also result in reduced sensitivity, or even a tingling sensation.
Pinched nerve is possible.

Do you feel pleasure in your breasts?

Do you feel pleasure when you eat food?

If you think you may have a nerve problem, find a doctor who can give you nerve conductivity tests.

Our problems are serious. Taking plants can be interesting, as many stimulate neuroplasticity and the growth of neuronal connections (neurites).

But you have to give it time, lots of time (several months).

How long did you take EDOVIS?

I think that our cases are so severe that it can be interesting to stack up a lot of different plants/substances to feel a difference and for it to be maintained over the long term.

Personally, over the next few months, I plan to gradually stack up to 10 plants and minerals. I'll keep you informed of my results.
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
The_Eye

Unread post by The_Eye »

Your approach sounds interesting.

1) No pleasure in breast (anymore )
2) When eating, yes, some pleasure.
3) Made Sacral Potential Evoke , they were OK
4) Testosterone (not free) was 400.

EDOVIS, couple of months.
The funny (and, I'd say, disturbing) thing is, it gave me back sensitivity in all areas, but the penis shaft.
This I found very scary tbh.
Last edited by The_Eye on Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Eye

Unread post by The_Eye »

I want to be specific. It wasn't EDOVIS. It was called
'EGO-TOP' and another combo is PRO-VIRIL. Sold in Italy, quite expensive, as you said they are giant combos of plants .

Oh, and I don't feel any pleasure from working out, yoga, or jogging. Zero. I don't feel endorphins anymore.
Determined-Mind

I too think I have a problem with endorphins. I too no longer feel pleasant sensations with my breasts.

I think that the supplements help you to recover sensations everywhere except in the penis, because in my opinion, your "damage" is more severe in the genital area.

Last month I tried vortioxetine. I had slight improvements in pleasure sensations all over my body, but none in my breasts or genital area.

I think that in our case, it may be appropriate to opt for opioid-modulating plants - some of which are very safe and easy to find.

I've made a list here: viewtopic.php?t=5683
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
Determined-Mind

I can't find the Ego-top product: do you have a link specifying the ingredients?

Determined-Mind

I found the ingredients for both supplements: Egotop and Pro-viril.

I've added the two supplements to the table listing possible treatments for sexual function : https://coda.io/d/Treatment-options-for ... Onz#_lufhE

Feel free to vote for the substances that have helped you and to write about your experience with each substance :-)

You can do this with a free anonymous account.

Your feedback is invaluable: it can help the community and future research to find solutions that address our symptoms. :-)

The_Eye

Unread post by The_Eye »

Determined-Mind wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:00 pm I too think I have a problem with endorphins. I too no longer feel pleasant sensations with my breasts.

I think that the supplements help you to recover sensations everywhere except in the penis, because in my opinion, your "damage" is more severe in the genital area.

Last month I tried vortioxetine. I had slight improvements in pleasure sensations all over my body, but none in my breasts or genital area.

I think that in our case, it may be appropriate to opt for opioid-modulating plants - some of which are very safe and easy to find.

I've made a list here: viewtopic.php?t=5683
I see Brintellix is a 5ht1-A agonist. I don't know. Many people have tried that route and did not get positive result.
I will check your list, thx.

By the way, even if you wrote damage in quotation marks, I humbly dissent from the idea of our areas being directly damaged.

IMO to have damage there has to be a physical trauma, which, at least in my particular case, is absent.

A malfunctioning of the peripherical nervous system maybe. You made me recall the first question my Urologist asked
when I discussed my problem with him .

He said "Have you ever, by chance, been exposed to Toxic substances ?".

Well, I'd say yes, I have been peeing Paroxetine for a year and Citalopram for six months.

This question got me thinking at the time.
Determined-Mind

You don't need physical trauma to create damage.

"Psychological" trauma can also cause profound neurological damage, and this is well documented in the scientific literature.

Because what we call "psychological trauma" refers to neurological stress responses, which can be toxic to the brain.

The very fact that we've had symptoms for so long shows that something is very dysfunctional in our nervous systems. The bug is so intense, our brains have never been able to recover "naturally".

Even if the tracks are damaged, in my opinion, this doesn't necessarily mean that it's irreversible. Our neural networks are not as rigid as bones.

Personally, I've had a lot of symptoms resulting from complex trauma (severe abuse during childhood and adolescence). I've already cured many neurological disorders, even if some of them had been lingering for more than 15 years (in general, this long duration indicates a very poor prognosis). In the last year alone, I've said goodbye to an anxiety disorder, dysthymia and chronic fatigue. The main neurotransmitters that were targeted and helped me with these disorders were 5ht-1a (buspirone), noradrenaline-(dopamine)-melanocortine (bupropion) and dopamine (dopa mucuna and muira puama).

My physical anhedonia seems the hardest to get rid of. In my opinion, this is because the neural networks involved have not yet been properly targeted.

Brintellix indirectly regulates glutamate in the frontal lobe. This mechanism is used to explain improvements in anhedonia on this medication. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, because even though I only took it for a month, I found it very mild in relation to my symptoms (and for the price of the drug, I think it's possible to do something equivalent, if not better, with plants and minerals).

In any case, regulating opioids and glutamate may be a key to treating consumptive anhedonia (pleasure of the body and sex). I'll be focusing on this in the coming months.

The_Eye

Unread post by The_Eye »

Determined-Mind wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:58 am
In the last year alone, I've said goodbye to an anxiety disorder, dysthymia and chronic fatigue. The main neurotransmitters that were targeted and helped me with these disorders were 5ht-1a (buspirone), noradrenaline-(dopamine)-melanocortine (bupropion) and dopamine (dopa mucuna and muira puama).

My physical anhedonia seems the hardest to get rid of. In my opinion, this is because the neural networks involved have not yet been properly targeted.

I see. I as well have managed to get rid of various disorders, like

-Severe Anxiety
-Rumination
-Dysthimia
-Mental Anhedonia

both by using Citalopram and Paroxetine ( but I paid I high price ) and by chronic exposition ( probably built new networks ).

What doesn't go away and keep coming back in waves, for me, is

-Brain Fog (severe in the morning)
-Mind Confusion (as above)
and, OC, the sexual symptoms