Research-we need your help!

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
julial

Research-we need your help!

Unread post by julial »

Hello,
we are sixth-year medical students conducting research on PSSD. We are aware that this is a little-known issue among doctors and healthcare professionals, but a significant problem for those experiencing this condition. Currently, there is very little research and publications on PSSD, which is why, in collaboration with the Department of Psychiatry at the Medical University in Poznań, we have undertaken a project to characterize this disorder. We kindly ask you to complete the survey, as it may contribute to a better understanding of the disease and potentially increase awareness and access to therapeutic options in the future.
https://forms.gle/cz36gsiBw6aaXgjw5
Thank you for your time and support,
Ewa and Julia
Breathdeep

Re: Research-we need your help!

Unread post by Breathdeep »

julial wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:56 pm Hello,
we are sixth-year medical students conducting research on PSSD. We are aware that this is a little-known issue among doctors and healthcare professionals, but a significant problem for those experiencing this condition. Currently, there is very little research and publications on PSSD, which is why, in collaboration with the Department of Psychiatry at the Medical University in Poznań, we have undertaken a project to characterize this disorder. We kindly ask you to complete the survey, as it may contribute to a better understanding of the disease and potentially increase awareness and access to therapeutic options in the future.
https://forms.gle/cz36gsiBw6aaXgjw5
Thank you for your time and support,
Ewa and Julia
This form/survey asks a question near the beginning about if you"had" genital numbness " or other sexual dysfunctions before you developed pssd. However you must choose an option. I had no sexual dysfunction before so I should be allowed to not choose an option. There are other ways the form is badly layed out and poorly written this would skew the evidence/readings. I will not fill out as would show my symptoms to be misleading
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
julial

Unread post by julial »

Hi! Thank you for the feedback, it is now fixed. If you have any other suggestions we will gladly listen :)
Breathdeep

Unread post by Breathdeep »

julial wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:27 am Hi! Thank you for the feedback, it is now fixed. If you have any other suggestions we will gladly listen :)
That's great. Will fill.it out
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
Determined-Mind

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

Thank you very much for looking into this subject!

For the first question, I invite you to leave a field to specify another drug taken but not included in your list. Sexual dysfunctions induced or aggravated by drugs are not limited to SSRIs/SNRIs.

Those induced by SSRIs/SNRIs are certainly more visible, as they are the most widely prescribed drugs.

For example, in my case, I experienced a worsening of my symptoms when taking pro-sex drugs (notably flibanserin).

After stopping them over 6 months ago, I'm now below my baseline (0/10 whereas before I was at 2/10 - I managed to get up to 4 and 6/10 with bupropion and bupropion+buspirone). What's more, my anhedonia, which was originally mainly "sexual", has spread to my whole body.

In short, today I'm at 0/10 and have no therapeutic options left to improve my bodily anhedonia.

Thank you!
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
Determined-Mind

On the other hand, I think it might be interesting to use a scale from 0 to 10 to evaluate the sensations of sexual pleasure.

I find that this is generally lacking in scientific studies.
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
Determined-Mind

Another suggestion for the last page of your questionnaire about risk factor : add questions on childhood abuse. Emotional, physical and/or sexual abuse increases the risk of developing sexual dysfunctions, anticipatory and/or consummatory anhedonia.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=a ... &sort=date

Determined-Mind

For other drugs causing PSSD and precise descriptions of symptoms, see the comments on this article :

https://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/blog ... sfunction/

(Some say their genitals have shrunk.)

julial

Unread post by julial »

Thank you for all your suggestions. As for the first one, the last option is "Other medications: Vortioxetine, Trazodone, Mirtazapine or others" so it includes other options. As our main purpose of this study isn't looking for specific medications causing PSSD there's no need to specify it. As for the other suggestions thank you for pointing it out, we will for sure include them in next phases of the study but for now this form is accepted by Bioetical Comission and we can't make any bigger changes (like adding questions), we can only make small cosmetic amendments.
Determined-Mind

Okay, thanks, I understand. I have just completed your questionnaire.

By the way, for the next version of your questionnaire, it might be interesting for women to dissociate clitoral pleasure from vaginal pleasure, as reactivity is different and can vary depending on the drugs taken.