My PSSD case - Cymbalta

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Pardoe84

My PSSD case - Cymbalta

Unread post by Pardoe84 »

Hi all together, i am from Germany and 39 years old. When i got PSSD i was 37 years old.

In the clinic they switched me from Paroxetin to Bupropion. I noticed a rapid heart rate, less appetite and insomnia. And what confused me was i had a spontanous ejaculation that was watery like milk. Alltogether resulting in that they switched me from Bupropion to Duloxetin (Cymbalta). With the first pill of Cymbalta i noticed something strange. I had to cry and laugh at same time and i got an erection spontanous. It must have been a serotonergic overstimulation or something like that. In the night i noticed some strange flashes in my brain. I think this was where PSSD occured.

The next day i experienced something like a complete shutdown. I felt very bad and my Penis was numb. I also had severe erectile dysfunktion problems. In the clinic they said it's no problem we switch you on Venlafaxin and everything will be fine again. But with Venlafaxin the side effects still remained. That's why they put me on Sertralin because they had the opinion Venlafaxin would cause the problems. But with Sertralin the PSSD symptoms from Cymbalta still persisted.

In the next months i tried other SSRI and i had 3 months off all Antidepressants in the meantime. Nothing changed, still PSSD. My symptoms are severe erectile dysfunktion, soft glans, less sperm count, no lobido, flat orgasm, severe anhedonia, no joy from anything, no effect from alcohol, coffe, marihuana, films and music do not affect me anymore, emotional flatness, i do not feel empathy anymore, cognitive issues.

I tried many supplements already but nothing really helped. I will try Naltrexon this month but this is my last try, then i do not have an idea anymore.
flexstar13

Re: My PSSD case - Cymbalta

Unread post by flexstar13 »

Also from Germany, also poisened from Cymbalta when I was 37, but 41 now. All of you symptoms plus numbness all over my body, shrinkage, etc.

Haven’t found anything that helps.
lookingformeaning

Unread post by lookingformeaning »

Didn't you have problems with paroxetine at first?
Pardoe84

Unread post by Pardoe84 »

No, i never had problems with paroxetin.