Naltrexone was the only thing that helped me at all

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Determined-Mind

Re: Naltrexone was the only thing that helped me at all

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

supertucker1 : Do you still feel the improvements you experienced after stopping naltrexone?

- What about your libido ?
- What about your sexual pleasure ?
- What about orgasm ?
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
supertucker1

Unread post by supertucker1 »

Things have tapered off some in terms of libido. I still have very strong morning erections and quick response to visual and physical stimuli.

I’m taking a break from trying anything right now, but I’ll run another course of Naltrexone in the future….. maybe low-dose for longer.

For what it’s worth, I really think Naltrexone is worth trying for everyone. Despite feeling somewhat anhedonic at the standard dose (50mg), the experience was nothing but positive.

Tucker
Determined-Mind

Thanks for keeping us informed!

Yes, perhaps a low dose of naltrexone + bupropion + dextromethorphan could be an interesting combo to try.

In the Auvelity medication approved in 2022, 100 mg bupropion SR is combined with 45 mg dextromethorphan because bupropion improves DMX bioavailability.

Effects are felt within the first 2 weeks.

Combined with naltrexone, we would have glutamate / opioid / melanocortin 4 / noradrenaline / dopamine regulation.

Meso had tried a high dose of DMX + naltrexone and achieved hedonic improvements. But his mix was very dysphoric. Bupropion could help reduce the dose of DMX consumed, while stimulating hedonic enhancements via melanocortins 4.

In my opinion, we can heal without having to suffer too much.
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
Extremaduro

Unread post by Extremaduro »

Keep in mind that bupropion alone caused pssd for me and i am not the only one.
Determined-Mind

Yes, but it can be a solution for some people. Flibanserin made my condition worse. Yet it's a drug classified as "pro-sex" since it improves a subtype of people suffering from sexual dysfunction. Bupropion is one of the few drugs to have improved my physical, sensory and sexual anhedonia.

The pathophysiology is very varied, and what is known as PSSD encompasses a wide range of symptoms. Necessarily, treatments will be diversified to meet individual needs. :-)

supertucker1

Checking back in. Things are still better since cycling off of Naltrexone at the end of January. Better in terms of morning wood, erection, libido, and semen quality.

Every article I’ve read seems to link opioid antagonism to better androgen sensitivity. This could be part of it, but I’m only speculating.
For what it’s worth, my hair loss seems to have accelerated some as well.

Tucker
Determined-Mind

Thanks for the news Tucker!

Sorry about your hair but it's a good sign for sexual function. What would you need to feel completely sexually functional?

For my part, I managed to get a prescription for LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone). I started yesterday at 0.5 ml.

supertucker1

I’m not sure what would be ”completely cured” @ 43 years old….. I’d say, maybe the desire (and ability) to have sex or masturbate every day. 🤷🏼‍♂️

My recovery after sex or masturbation is still much longer than I’d like. When things are working well (such as now after weaning from Naltrexone) I feel my libido recharge every couple of days. I have other friends my age who have sex or masturbate daily.
Determined-Mind

Yes, the frequency varies considerably from one person to another.

With regard to the pleasure felt and the intensity of the orgasm, were they lessened by the medication (SSRI) ?

Did post-naltrexone make them satisfying? Or was there no change at all?

supertucker1

I’ve had PSSD for 20 years now. The primary things impacted for me by former use of Fluvoxamine are:
1) Libido
2) Romantic Feelings

Secondary issues such as pleasure, sexual sensitivity, and orgasm seem to go hand-in-hand with libido for me. All of these issues have gotten better after withdrawing from Naltrexone except for romantic feelings. Although, I tend to still have setbacks because my sexual recovery cycle is still long. For example, I masturbated twice yesterday because I was really horny. But now I probably won’t desire sex until Monday or so…. and that’s assuming I’m still “in a window” from the Naltrexone withdrawal.

One other note….. the libido and sexual response cycle that I’m describing tend to coincide with a buildup in semen volume for me. Since Naltrexone, my semen has been thicker with more volume. This also indicates an androgenic connection for me. If I could find a way to replenish semen volume faster, I feel like it would speed up my sexual response recovery (and give me a more frequent libido). THEN I would consider myself somewhat “cured” I guess….. or at least “symptom-free”.

Tucker