Is there any safe benzo? Or are they all the same?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Gonzo

Is there any safe benzo? Or are they all the same?

Unread post by Gonzo »

Surprisingly enough Klonopin crashes me, and it's not temporary, it severely worsens my baseline. I really don't understand how or why as it doesn't work like an SSRI, but it is a reality.
I need a benzo for very specific occasions.
I wonder if all the benzos would induce the same effect on me? And as you know, once you find out, it's already too late, the damage is done so I'm scared to try another benzo.
Any experience?
tonyareias

Re: Is there any safe benzo? Or are they all the same?

Unread post by tonyareias »

I take Diazepam when needed and feel sexually good, also when taking it.
Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo »

tonyareias wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:42 pm I take Diazepam when needed and feel sexually good, also when taking it.
Weird. Klonopin makes mes horny as hell the day after taking it, and this last for 3 days and then comes the crash.
Missano20

Unread post by Missano20 »

Gonzo wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:14 am Surprisingly enough Klonopin crashes me, and it's not temporary, it severely worsens my baseline. I really don't understand how or why as it doesn't work like an SSRI, but it is a reality.
I need a benzo for very specific occasions.
I wonder if all the benzos would induce the same effect on me? And as you know, once you find out, it's already too late, the damage is done so I'm scared to try another benzo.
Any experience?
I personally never recovered from my crash from Ambien last May…just some windows. Not technically a benzo but VERY similar in how they work and the withdrawal symptoms are the same. I keep seeing more and more posts on the PSSD subreddit about benzos/z drugs causing permanent crashes and or PSSD like symptoms.