First post

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Leadtheway

First post

Unread post by Leadtheway »

Hi,

I've not taken any antidepressant in my life but had a prescription of finasteride years ago and had to stop because of the pain. I do not consider myself a severe case of PFS at all but am interested in this constellation of diseases (and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as well).

I would like to participate to some topics, especially about theories

Regards,
Leadtheway
HTH

Re: First post

Unread post by HTH »

Welcome on the forum!
I wonder what are your current symptoms and do you testing some theories/treatments to help those symptoms?

What happens when a psychiatrist and a hooker spend the night together? In the morning each of them says: "200 dollars, please."
Leadtheway

Unread post by Leadtheway »

Hi,

My symptoms tend to come and go but if I have to give the most important ones:
- anhedonia;
- fatigue/low energy;
- brain fog at times;
- rather low libido but not always;
- something akin to metabolic syndrome (obesity, hair loss).

I've tried to treat myself with a collection of supplements: B vitamins (B1, B3, B9 an B2 recently), liposolubles vitamins like D, K or A, minerals like zinc, copper, boron, manganese or molybdenum, metals like silver or gold. I've never tried any hormones and I won't try later.

My hypothesis is that these diseases (I'm more certain for CFS than for others) are related to water homeostasis. I like to think we are in some sort of "hibernation mode" like it has been hypothesized by some researcher, but about obesity.

This does not provide a clear solution to these issues but I see 3 things that could go wrong: either the issue is due to a deficiency (for example, you lack a cofactor for the production of vasopressin, thus you have low levels and then you have issues related to low vasopressin levels), there is an epigenetic impairment of the control of genes and this can be reset somehow or there is a persistent infection or toxicity (endo or xenobiotics) that makes our issues persist.

I've tried to "reset" my internal state or remove infection/toxicity via (dry) fasting but it didn't really work for my symptoms. I know it has worked for some people but they had not necessarily my kind of disease. I continue to research in this way but it's improbable it is the only issue, which means it could be a combination of the factors discussed above.

Best regards.
HTH

Unread post by HTH »

Leadtheway wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:00 pm Hi,

My symptoms tend to come and go but if I have to give the most important ones:
- anhedonia;
- fatigue/low energy;
- brain fog at times;
- rather low libido but not always;
- something akin to metabolic syndrome (obesity, hair loss).

I've tried to treat myself with a collection of supplements: B vitamins (B1, B3, B9 an B2 recently), liposolubles vitamins like D, K or A, minerals like zinc, copper, boron, manganese or molybdenum, metals like silver or gold. I've never tried any hormones and I won't try later.

My hypothesis is that these diseases (I'm more certain for CFS than for others) are related to water homeostasis. I like to think we are in some sort of "hibernation mode" like it has been hypothesized by some researcher, but about obesity.

This does not provide a clear solution to these issues but I see 3 things that could go wrong: either the issue is due to a deficiency (for example, you lack a cofactor for the production of vasopressin, thus you have low levels and then you have issues related to low vasopressin levels), there is an epigenetic impairment of the control of genes and this can be reset somehow or there is a persistent infection or toxicity (endo or xenobiotics) that makes our issues persist.

I've tried to "reset" my internal state or remove infection/toxicity via (dry) fasting but it didn't really work for my symptoms. I know it has worked for some people but they had not necessarily my kind of disease. I continue to research in this way but it's improbable it is the only issue, which means it could be a combination of the factors discussed above.

Best regards.
Good luck, and thank you for writing it down. Indeed deficiency can be present for many people, even for healthy people. I think it is good to fix deficiencies first and that alone may help with some symptoms and its low risk.

What happens when a psychiatrist and a hooker spend the night together? In the morning each of them says: "200 dollars, please."