An Exercise Diary - Cardio, Isometrics, HIRT/HIIT

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
HTH

An Exercise Diary - Cardio, Isometrics, HIRT/HIIT

Unread post by HTH »

Hello,

I decided to document my exercise regiments, results, and experiences for the next few months. Documenting the results I hope maybe I can make some useful information for others, and I can stay motivated to keep exercising long enough to see long-term benefits.

If you have any experience related to exercising feel free to post it.

Goals until 2023 September:
  • To loose weight, from 86 kgs to 82 kgs
  • To improve symptoms related to PSSD
  • To feel better, and be healthier generally

Current exercise plans:
  • Daily 6000-10000 steps, walking
  • Yielding type of bodyweight isometrics exercises practised through the day in 'Grease the groove' style
  • Original Strength exercises practised on some days
  • Later may add overcoming type of isometrics too
  • After 30 minutes sitting do 3-5 minutes walks and 'Fast and Loose' drills
  • 2-4 times a week HIRT, high intensity repeatable training
  • Red light therapy few times a week
  • Dry brushing more times a week

:!: Warning, please first talk with your doctor if you plan to try any type of exercise and always listen to your body. :!:
Last edited by HTH on Thu May 25, 2023 2:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

What happens when a psychiatrist and a hooker spend the night together? In the morning each of them says: "200 dollars, please."
HTH

Re: An Exercise Diary - Cardio, Isometrics, HIRT/HIIT

Unread post by HTH »

Done more than 10, 000 steps, 5000 in the morning and the rest later, legs day so I also practised lunges, squats, calf and shin raise holds for 5-10 seconds across the day.
Used Red+NIR lamp for front of my thighs for 5 minutes from 50 cms that is around 9 J.
Current weight in morning 86 kgs.

Overall I feel pretty well, let's see what the future holds.

What happens when a psychiatrist and a hooker spend the night together? In the morning each of them says: "200 dollars, please."
HTH

Unread post by HTH »

Easy day:
-3000 steps in the morning, 3000 through the day, sum 6000
-Push/pull day: 4x10 seconds push up hold at bottom position, and active hanging in hollow body position with slightly bent arms
-Red+NIR lamp: upper legs from behind 5 minutes from 46 cms = 9 J
-Some crawling and rocking

Sleep was "Not Great Not Terrible", slept for 6 hours without waking up. I noticed my sense of smell is slowly improving, and food tastes better too.

I started my exercise regiment a month or so before this diary. At first I was doing mainly HIRT + isometrics, and already noticed some benefits but early to say and I don't want to make false hopes in anyone, better to wait and be sure.
I dropped HIRT for this week because my plan was to increase daily walking first as it maybe more important and gives a better cardio 'base' for HIRT in long-term. Once I got used to the more walking I reintroduce HIRT sessions.
While doing isometric holds they getting easier with less effort and i can feel my muscles better as they contract.
Last edited by HTH on Fri May 26, 2023 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

HTH

Unread post by HTH »

Medium day:
-5000 steps in the morning, 3000 through the day, sum 8000
-HIRT upper body = 7 x 15 seconds, 4 minutes rest
-Legs day: 3x15 seconds squat, lunges, and single leg shin raise holds
-Red+NIR lamp:Upper body chest and face area 5 minutes from 46 cms = 9 J

Sleep was kinda bad, but after morning walking felt myself fresher, and better. In late afternoon decided to do some upper body HIRT, I did not do any for a week or so. I noticed I can feel my arms got pumped more. I missed that feeling for many years since I got pssd. Also done some barefoot walking as active recovery in HIRT.

Going to take next days easy and just make sure I do 6000 steps daily.

healingspell

Unread post by healingspell »

I've been exercising almost everyday for years. No improvement with PSSD. But it is worth it to make you feel better. The only thing is is that some muscles are numb in my pelvis making my back unstable and leaving me with lower back pain if I overwork or move in the wrong way.
HTH

Unread post by HTH »

healingspell wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:11 pm I've been exercising almost everyday for years. No improvement with PSSD. But it is worth it to make you feel better. The only thing is is that some muscles are numb in my pelvis making my back unstable and leaving me with lower back pain if I overwork or move in the wrong way.
That is great and respectful you are still able to exercise regularly with PSSD. For many of us it is a constant a fight to push ourself to exercise with low motivation, and CFS for some.
What are your exercise routines? Please share with us. What type of exercises do you usually do and with how many rest between sets, how many reps etc?

HTH

Unread post by HTH »

On the long weekend done a lot physical work in the garden, and even I planned to do less walking, still I done more.
Saturday:
-7000 steps
Sunday:
-10500 steps
Monday:
-6500 steps
Tuesday:
-4500 steps
- NIR/Red: Lower legs from front 30 cm 3 minutes

I'm going to scale back the daily steps count for few days as I show sign of over training. "Two steps forward, one step back".
I have done 45 km+ kms walking in last 9 days. I used to go hiking for 12-18 kms in a day but that usually meant next days i felt kinda fatigued and I was inactive. My body needs few weeks until it get used to being active all day.

Other benefits I noticed DOMS are stronger, and I can enjoy listening to music more, also I experience more hunger. Negative is i got a headache at top of my head, today.

HTH

Unread post by HTH »

Morning weight:
85.1 kg
'Easy' day:
-5000 steps in the morning, 2000 through the day, sum 7000 steps+
-HIRT upper body = 12 x 10 seconds left and right arm alternated, 3 minutes and 2 minutes rest
(Tried 15 seconds at first with left arm but was too much, it caused too much acid and slowed down that arm for the rest of the session,
at first started with 3 minutes rest, but later found out 2 minutes just enough)
-Red+NIR lamp: Lower legs from behind, 3 minutes 30 cm around 9 J

I slept pretty well for 7 hours, continuously. Done HIRT in the late afternoon because I felt I have more energy compared to previous days. What I really like about HIRT it wakes up the body well with little or no fatigue.

HTH

Unread post by HTH »

'Easy' day:
-6000+steps throughout the day
-Red+NIR lamp: Upper legs from front, 5 minutes 46 cm around 9 J

Slept well for around 6 hours, woke up motivated.

HTH

Unread post by HTH »

'Heavy' day:
-4000 in the morning, 4000 late afternoon, 3500+steps throughout the day = 11500 steps
-Legs day: 3x10 seconds squat, lunges/side lunges, and single leg shin + calf raise holds

Slept well for around 8 hours, but had many vivid dreams, and did not wake up fresh. Motivation is low compared to last days.