Severe sleep deprivation always causing full blown recovery

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
fellow1

Severe sleep deprivation always causing full blown recovery

Unread post by fellow1 »

For the last month I experienced 2 times a severe sleep deprivation when I didn't sleep for 2 days due to work. Every single time I had a temporary recovery which manifested in following improvements:
1. Completely lifted anhedonia
2. Able to fantasize and was able to feel romantic emotions and love
3. Libido recovery basically from zero to about 70%
4. Was able to get it up just from thoughts to about 70% of normal erection
5. To sum up, we all have blunted reward system, where we can't feel both negative or positive emotions (most of us), during this sleep deprivation period, I might have felt really tired, but I felt alive with ability to experience emotions, hedonistic response and sexual desire. After getting proper sleep everything vanished. I did a quick research and seems like sleep deprivation increase dopamine in the brain. More thorough research would help to understand what happening with our body during sleep deprivation.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 213033.htm
Terabithia

Re: Severe sleep deprivation always causing full blown recovery

Unread post by Terabithia »

IL-6 is a pleiotropic cytokine with many pathophysiologic roles in humans (1). It is being produced by numerous types of immune or immune accessory cells, such as monocytes, fibroblasts, lymphocytes, and glial cells. It is also produced by nonimmune cells, some typically endocrine. Recently, it has been shown that IL-6 and tumor necrosis factor-a are produced by the adipose tissue (2, 3), suggesting that they may be playing significant roles in lipid metabolism. IL-6 is a hormonally regulated cytokine. Its production is suppressed by glucocorticoids (4) and estrogens (5) and stimulated by catecholamines (6,7). In turn, it has many endocrine effects. It is one of the major cvtokines that stimulate the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis during inflammatory stress (8); it promotes osteoclastogenesis and participates in the development of osteoporosis associated with estrogen withdrawal (9); it plays a central role in the pathogenesis of the euthyroid sick syndrome
(10), most likely by inhibiting 5'- deiodinase that converts T'4 to Tz and reverse T, to diiodothyronine (11). IL-6 was also shown to influence intermediary metabolism (12), to be secreted in a circadian fashion correlating with sleepiness, and to be stimulated by acute sleep deprivation (13).
sopgirl

Unread post by sopgirl »

fellow1 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:54 pm For the last month I experienced 2 times a severe sleep deprivation when I didn't sleep for 2 days due to work. Every single time I had a temporary recovery which manifested in following improvements:
1. Completely lifted anhedonia
2. Able to fantasize and was able to feel romantic emotions and love
3. Libido recovery basically from zero to about 70%
4. Was able to get it up just from thoughts to about 70% of normal erection
5. To sum up, we all have blunted reward system, where we can't feel both negative or positive emotions (most of us), during this sleep deprivation period, I might have felt really tired, but I felt alive with ability to experience emotions, hedonistic response and sexual desire. After getting proper sleep everything vanished. I did a quick research and seems like sleep deprivation increase dopamine in the brain. More thorough research would help to understand what happening with our body during sleep deprivation.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 213033.htm
Please confirm how much sleep deprivation you encountered: did you miss one night's sleep or two?
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

I would like to give proper attention to difference between acute insomnia and chronic insomnia. They are different. With each subsequent sleep deprivation episodes this recovery phenomenon gradually disappears and harmful effects from chronic insomnia become prevalent. This is a warning to anyone thinking that PSSD can be "cured" by not sleeping at all for many days. No - you need proper sleep. Even if you feel worse proper sleep is important for maintaining your health and PSSD baseline.

In this condition paradoxical improvements are often followed by crashes or worsened baseline.You may not be aware of that but PSSD directly affects sleep architecture by multiple mechanisms.By worsening baseline too deeply someone may get stuck in permanent very shallow sleep or not be able to sleep at all.
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

This study accurately explains why sleep deprivation could cause such windows
https://www.jneurosci.org/content/31/12/4466
Sleep Deprivation Amplifies Reactivity of Brain Reward Networks, Biasing the Appraisal of Positive Emotional Experiences
here we demonstrate that sleep deprivation amplifies reactivity throughout human mesolimbic reward brain networks in response to pleasure-evoking stimuli.
Trazedy

Unread post by Trazedy »

I can confirm such phenomenon. I had a big improvement in the past, in a period where I was severely undersleeping for several weeks. Sleeping 3-4h a night and 1h nap after launch. The experience was awefull, i didnt have time to sleep due to personal issues but I got a big recovery from almost all points of view except libido. I crashed after skipping an entire night of sleep, i.e. after 1 night of acute insomnia.

In the next years it has happened multiple times that one single night of acute insomnia made me crash. Therefore it seems that prolonged and controlled sleep deprivation is good for my PSSD, where acute sleep deprivation is not. This whole situation was only happening in my first 2-3 years of PSSD, then it stopped.
Neuroscience MD researcher. Ita Male 30yo.

28 pills of Trazodone 75mg on Sept '18. Cold Turkey.
1y severe penis shrink/numb/ED
4y ED 7/10+numb 5/10+orgasm 3/10+libido 0
5y ED 9/10+numb 8/10+orgasm 6/10+libido 2