My brain MRI led me to find out about Charcot–Wilbrand syndrome

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
thepineapple

My brain MRI led me to find out about Charcot–Wilbrand syndrome

Unread post by thepineapple »

My brain MRI report:
The ventricles are normal in size and configuration. No significant focal parenchymal signal abnormality is shown. No dedicated volume images have been acquired, but although there is an impression of more sulcal prominence at the convexity than one might expect in a patient of this age - particularly affecting the parietal lobes, this is of questionable significance as the patient is so young. Medial temporal volumes appear normal. If there is persistent clinical concern, given the appearances described above, formal neuropsychometry is advised, and a repeat MRI with volume sequences after an appropriate interval may be helpful.

The major intracranial vessels are patent and the craniocervical junction is normal.

Turns out the symptom of lack of visualisation and dreaming I have has been reported 100 years ago and they suspect parietal lobes to be very important in dreaming, that part is affected in mine.

My best guess is that anyone who has similar lack of dreaming symptoms post pssd has CWS also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcot%E ... d_syndrome
many people with Alzheimers also ahve CWS
It has correlations with chronic depression as well
Impermanence

Re: My brain MRI led me to find out about Charcot–Wilbrand syndrome

Unread post by Impermanence »

thepineapple wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:07 pm My brain MRI report:
The ventricles are normal in size and configuration. No significant focal parenchymal signal abnormality is shown. No dedicated volume images have been acquired, but although there is an impression of more sulcal prominence at the convexity than one might expect in a patient of this age - particularly affecting the parietal lobes, this is of questionable significance as the patient is so young. Medial temporal volumes appear normal. If there is persistent clinical concern, given the appearances described above, formal neuropsychometry is advised, and a repeat MRI with volume sequences after an appropriate interval may be helpful.

The major intracranial vessels are patent and the craniocervical junction is normal.

Turns out the symptom of lack of visualisation and dreaming I have has been reported 100 years ago and they suspect parietal lobes to be very important in dreaming, that part is affected in mine.

My best guess is that anyone who has similar lack of dreaming symptoms post pssd has CWS also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcot%E ... d_syndrome
many people with Alzheimers also ahve CWS
It has correlations with chronic depression as well
It's quite common to find out a more prominent sulcus when we do MRI on patient. To know if there is a real dysfunction the best is now to do a TEP-scanner to figure out if there is consequences (or if it's only an anatomic variation)