AI-Assisted Research

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
sylv

Re: AI-Assisted Research

Unread post by sylv »

themkal wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:28 am
sylv wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:52 am It would be easier for us to give you some input to your hypotheses if you share what associations and data have your software generated.

Without it I'm not sure what is the real intent behind your post and what you expect from us.

You can upload data to cloud based server and provide a link if the attachment on this broken forum doesn't work
This is not possible, because the next thing will be people trying various supplements on themselves. I am more than willing to share these results with researchers and organisations (which I already have with Luisa Guerrini and Dr. Healy)
People ( not this specific community, there are always such persons anywhere in the world ) will test things more eagerly if they read about ideas in research publications or researchers blog than some random poster on the forum. I am not sure you aware, but Healy for example has blog where he post his autoimmunity theories and even suggest experimental treatments. Research articles are freely accessible to anyone, not only some academics or organisation. This isn't 80s, 90s, 00s. There are people here who have medical background or self educated enough to properly read the science.

I think you are prejudiced to us. The community have obsessive stance toward personal safety after being damaged by safe and "researched" prescription drugs which passed gold standard clinical trails ( That means the scientific system itself in which you put your trust for "safety" is broken) . I believe we are all here against unsafely substance testing. I always suggest to wait and try natural healthy practices or remedies first before taking anything. Including drugs given by doctors who doesn't even know about the protracted and possibly permanent side effects of what they freely prescribe.

Hence this is not a valid reason to not share data - if your real intent is a brain-storming about your hypotheses, not marketing machine learning software.
themkal

Unread post by themkal »

lukejimmy wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:26 am Are you this guy?
https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/resear ... ning/34456
Any intel on "Enterohepatic Circulation" secondarily Cholestasis?

You're right on the money if your mariovitali
;) :)

I cannot help you regarding enterohepatic circulation unfortunately. We need liver, metabolism and mitochondria experts.
lukejimmy

Unread post by lukejimmy »

Well you should probably get in contact with the guy since his name/profile information is all there if your aren't him, since your both data scientists researching Post Finasteride/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Enterohepatic Circulation is a a Liver function and is the Mechanism by which xenobiotics (drugs/toxins) avoid metabolism. By metabolism I assume you mean Drug Metabolism?
themkal

Unread post by themkal »

sylv wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:01 am

I think you are prejudiced to us. The community have obsessive stance toward personal safety after being damaged by safe and "researched" prescription drugs which passed gold standard clinical trails ( That means the scientific system itself in which you put your trust for "safety" is broken) . I believe we are all here against unsafely substance testing. I always suggest to wait and try natural healthy practices or remedies first before taking anything. Including drugs given by doctors who doesn't even know about the protracted and possibly permanent side effects of what they freely prescribe.

Hence this is not a valid reason to not share data - if your real intent is a brain-storming about your hypotheses, not marketing machine learning software.
OK, so the point of my post was to say " here is what exists" and to explain what I am eligible to do.

FWIW I have been banned by FB admins just for the distant possibility I may be suggesting I have a cure or a solution. I am not in any position to accept any possibility that any patient will have an adverse reaction because of me. So yes, I would like to assure everyone in the forum that it is not my intent to brainstorm with patients but instead with researchers and/or patient organisations under their guidance. And so far, I did not find any help from them. (I sent an email to Dr Melcangi on Jan 23rd- I had no answer so far , of course he could be curreently very busy).

It's not only about having a syndrome that is underfunded. I think It's also about the decisions being made as to which research direction will be taken next. (EDIT : Please read post below)
Last edited by themkal on Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
themkal

Unread post by themkal »

lukejimmy wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:26 am Well you should probably get in contact with the guy since his name/profile information is all there if your aren't him, since your both data scientists researching Post Finasteride/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Enterohepatic Circulation is a a Liver function and is the Mechanism by which xenobiotics (drugs/toxins) avoid metabolism. By metabolism I assume you mean Drug Metabolism?
We are the same person. And despite emails to various organisations and researchers -apart from 2 researchers at Stanford who simply listened to what I was saying - no one chose to go down the route of the liver. It took them all of these years to hear this possibility (I am not talking about accepting it) . That's the problem. But now it seems that they may begin to think about it

These tweets are related to MECFS but please have a look :

A virologist : https://twitter.com/BhupeshPrusty/statu ... 2670982144

Team from Oxford University : https://twitter.com/OxMEDiscovery/statu ... 0174060544
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

FWIW I have been banned by FB admins just for the distant possibility I may be suggesting I have a cure or a solution.
Fortunately we are not on facebook. The moderation here censors more for "doom content" not posting ideas.

The problem is the researchers themselves are innately closed in their specialities and prone to be biased toward their pet ideas. Melcangi research neuropeptides ( and anything "popular" in the community like gut flora- even if he doesn't have expertise in the subject), Healy is biased toward "anything eccentric", posted many theories and his current favourite is an autoimmunity. So that why you won't get reply from him.

I think It's also about the decisions being made as to which research direction will be taken next.
Yes, this is very important. But to get the most proper feedback and criticism the idea should be published and discussed as openly as possible. Not in some closed organisation or social circle in the elitist way. This isn't only my opinion.
So yes, I would like to assure everyone in the forum that it is not my intent to brainstorm with patients
Almost everybody here have PSSD.

PSSD registered organisations like PSSD Canada etc are more into awareness than research if you ask for that. Healy by his foundation acquired the most funds in PSSD ( which are very small btw), but is biased toward his theory ( like the most academics ) and treats the funds like his own - so no discussion. Anyway, RxISK isn't really dedicated for PSSD.

These tweets are related to MECFS but please have a look :
There are more appropriate communities to discuss ME/CFS. ME / CFS isn't frequent here. I know one big ( also Post Drug Syndrome ) and see that perspective ( combining Gulf syndrome, Mitochondria damage and ME/CFS ) is missing from your blog. I'm guessing you know about that specific syndrome, but a bit surprised why you haven't gave it more attention. Since the drug has a direct mechanism against mitochondria and it's analogues are notorious for hepatotoxicity.