Serotonin Receptors

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Terabithia

Serotonin Receptors

Unread post by Terabithia »

Serotonin is a chemical that is produced by nerve cells and plays a role in various physiological processes, including mood, appetite, and sleep. It acts on a variety of receptors in the body, each of which plays a unique role in the regulation of these processes.

Here is a list of serotonin receptors and their functions:

5-HT1A receptors: These receptors are found in a variety of tissues, including the brain, and are involved in the regulation of anxiety, sleep, and appetite. They may also play a role in the regulation of blood pressure and pain perception.

5-HT1B receptors: These receptors are found in the brain and are involved in the regulation of anxiety, sleep, and appetite. They may also play a role in the regulation of blood pressure and pain perception.

5-HT1D receptors: These receptors are found in the brain and are involved in the regulation of anxiety and pain perception.

5-HT1E receptors: These receptors are found in the brain and are involved in the regulation of anxiety and sleep.

5-HT1F receptors: These receptors are found in the brain and are involved in the regulation of anxiety and pain perception.

5-HT2A receptors: These receptors are found in the brain and are involved in the regulation of mood, perception, and learning and memory.

5-HT2B receptors: These receptors are found in the heart, blood vessels, and smooth muscle and are involved in the regulation of heart rate and blood pressure.

5-HT2C receptors: These receptors are found in the brain and are involved in the regulation of appetite, mood, and anxiety.

5-HT3 receptors: These receptors are found in the brain and are involved in the regulation of nausea and vomiting.

5-HT4 receptors: These receptors are found in the brain and are involved in the regulation of appetite and motility in the gastrointestinal tract.

5-HT5A receptors: These receptors are found in the brain and are involved in the regulation of anxiety and memory.

5-HT5B receptors: These receptors are found in the brain and are involved in the regulation of anxiety and memory.

5-HT6 receptors: These receptors are found in the brain and are involved in the regulation of mood, cognition, and appetite.

5-HT7 receptors: These receptors are found in the brain and are involved in the regulation of mood, sleep, and cognition.

It is important to note that the functions of serotonin receptors are complex and are still being investigated. Further research is needed to fully understand the role of these receptors in the body and their potential therapeutic uses.

Edit: This post was a response I got from ChatGPT when I asked it to explain all the different serotonin receptors.
Last edited by Terabithia on Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
tonyareias

Re: Serotonin Receptors

Unread post by tonyareias »

5-HT1A and 5-HT2B, the balance between the two is fundamental for sexual performance / cycle.
HzeTmy

Unread post by HzeTmy »

In other words we are " fucked " and reverting the balance back 100% is impossible.
Terabithia

tonyareias wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:42 pm 5-HT1A and 5-HT2B, the balance between the two is fundamental for sexual performance / cycle.
Do you have any sources or information I could read up on this?
tonyareias

I read searching on Google but there’s some old posts here about that.

Terabithia

You mentioned 5ht2B in your earlier comment did you mean 5ht2C? Also how does erectile dysfunction fit into this picture since it seems to be that 5ht2C activation promotes erection.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Terabithia wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:59 am You mentioned 5ht2B in your earlier comment did you mean 5ht2C? Also how does erectile dysfunction fit into this picture since it seems to be that 5ht2C activation promotes erection.
5ht1a receptors are also responsible for penile erections
wardeath

Unread post by wardeath »

Tree wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:13 am
Terabithia wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:59 am You mentioned 5ht2B in your earlier comment did you mean 5ht2C? Also how does erectile dysfunction fit into this picture since it seems to be that 5ht2C activation promotes erection.
5ht1a receptors are also responsible for penile erections
My only problem is erectile dysfunction which i got after using ssri for only 7 days.....any kind of experiment which i can try on myself? I haven't tried any supplement yet
Fluvoxamin 100mg + Patril beta 10 for 1 week in dec 2021 quit ct
Fluoxetine 20 mg for 25 days quit ct on 11th feb 2022
Currently drug free
Suffering from ed and low libido
UKContributor

Unread post by UKContributor »

Lol and I don’t have ed but am totally numb

If we combined !
tonyareias

Yes its 5ht2C. In general we need that things become balanced for stable sex. Maybe SSRI make neurotransmitters / receptors unstable. Remember that serotonin can change / influence other neurotransmitters. Paroxetine (the worse SSRI for ED) is also a mild norepinephrine uptake inhibitor.

NE (Norepinephrine) - Erection inhibitor
ACh (Acetylcholine) - Erection activator

Penile smooth muscle relaxation

-NE
+ACh

Penile smooth muscle contraction

+NE
-ACh