My unlucky story please help me

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Painball

My unlucky story please help me

Unread post by Painball »

Hi, I am 19yo man currently studying at University. Here's my story. I have been suffering from social anxiety for 7 years now. It started pretty rapidly but affected only some parts of my life like public speeches, and kept getting worse. I ended in the state where right now I have tremor of all my body parts almost all time due to anxiety, I can't eat dinner with my closest family without taking beta-blockers, in university I can't focus on anything and only trying to calm down. 1 year ago, when my social anxiety reached that level, and psychotherapy didn't help much, I decided to try SSRIs. What's funny is that I knew what is PSSD before I took the first dose, and I was scared that I will have it but I decided to take a risk because I was in terrible situation anyway. And I took... 1 pill of paxil, my penis went totally numb and libido dropped to 0. I said to myself that even if it helped with anxiety, I can't live like that, so I didn't take the 2nd pill. But days were passing and my libido went to like 5% of what I had before and there was no further improvement. I need to metion that before this pill I could call myself hypersexual, even severe episodes of depression where I couldn't get up from bed couldn't stop my high libido :D . But this one pill almost killed it. Also, I have the thing on my penis called fordyce spots which is not an illness but because of that my penis looks terrible, and it's not treatable (just like PSSD :)). Wow man I am so lucky in life, I was almost ceiternly sure that I will never have sex in my life because of my severe Social Anxiety and these fordyce thing, and now I can't even get turned on. My life s*cks but nobody knows about anything. I get no help because I don't ask for it. I guess it's because of the nature of social anxiety that people with this disorder hide their problems.
Darman

Re: My unlucky story please help me

Unread post by Darman »

How long ago did you take the pil?
Painball

Darman wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:54 pm How long ago did you take the pil?
About 9 months ago.
Btw. Do you know any medication that would help?
I read about Trazodone and vortioxetine being the most effective but also risky because they can possibly worsen pssd. I am not considering bupriopion because of my severe anxiety (it makes anxiety worse). I already tried Loratadine with no success. Is there anything I should try before Trazodone?
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

Hi Painball
I'm sorry, no. I have tried many things without success. Others have though. It seems very hit and miss.
I wish you all the best. Keep checking the forum for new info.
DerHerrS

Unread post by DerHerrS »

Please painball do not make the mistake I did. Try supplements first. People have reported sizeable improvement with supplements. Some claim that „natural“ products don’t work but that’s not true they contain pharmacologically active substances just as medications. I crashed hard from trazodone. It didn’t help my pssd at all and numbed me even more. Before trazodone I at least had a bit of emotions but now nothing. Wish you all the best!
Escitalopram 10mg 03/2020 to 10/2020 immediate sexual symptoms
Trazodone up to 200mg 2 months in 2022 short windows, crash after withdrawal
Bupropion 150mg XR 2 weeks in 2022, good and longer windows, extreme emotional blunting after 10 days, CT‘d
Painball

Thank you DerHerrS for your warning, I was writing my post right after I diagnosed myself with pssd (before I gave myself some hope that it's not it) so I was kinda desperate to help myself. But I know I need to be careful and I will try some supplements for sure. I have plenty of them at home for social anxiety and some apparently were mentioned on this forum. So right now I started taking zinc+magnesium, tumeric and fish oil, unfortunetely no changes so far
The_Eye

Unread post by The_Eye »

It seems like there's a "biological" issue with your brain (amygdala ?) so you are in constant state of Fight or Flight .

Libido, at this moment, should be the last of your worries .

You are not able to have dinner with your PARENTS.
You need to address the anxiety issue ASAP with medical intervention.

IMHO Paxil was PERFECT for treating this problem .
You seem to have a BIG issue, and you need to treat it RIGHT NOW if you want to live a decent life.

Find a good natural holiatic doctor, or forget about sexual side effects for a while (6 months ?) and get a "weaker" SSRI, hopefully it would do the trick and "normalize" your amygdala
DJoke

Unread post by DJoke »

To be honest. When I took my first pill of Escitalopram back in 2018 I was feeling the way you feel right now (could not eat a dinner sometimes, could not focus at university, public speaking was the worst thing ever). After the "treatment" I am not sure if my anxiety resolved. I feel just more emotional blunted, maybe that is why I do not care so much about stuff I took care long time ago. Taking those meds was not worth it. You remembered me all of this. Soon it will be my fifth year with PSSD.. The point is I think you should try to resolve your issue in better way than taking SSRI. Like The_Eye I would reccomend a holiatic doctor, do some blood tests, go to normal doctor and tell him about your problems. Your PSSD may resolve after some time. But first focus on your mental health.