BBC Looking for people to appear on camera (US and UK)

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
climb

BBC Looking for people to appear on camera (US and UK)

Unread post by climb »

Hi everyone

PSSD network got in contact with some people from the BBC who are planning on making a documentary about antidepressants.
PSSD network have explained the severity of the situation that is PSSD and provided them with a bunch of information and sources to help them represent our community in a positive light.

BBC are interested in interviewing people on camera who have developed PSSD from SSRI/SNRI antidepressants, and are looking for people who preferably were only on one kind of medication. They are planning on recording in the UK as well as in the US.

People who want to participate should:

- Live in the UK or the US

- Have developed PSSD from an SSRI/SNRI medication (this means 3 months or more after stopping the drug)

- Preferably not been on any other medication besides the SSRI/SNRI medication

- They basically want to be sure that the symptoms were indeed induced by an SSRI/SNRI and not any other kind of drug or illness

- Be comfortable with telling their story on camera with face shown

- If you're interested, but not sure yet about showing your face on camera, please get in contact anyway, you might be needed in any case!

If we're unable to find any candidates who are willing to show their face, we will see if they would be okay with an anonymous camera interview, where face and voice are hidden / distorted.

If you're interested, please email contact@pssdnetwork.org or also feel free to contact pssd-uk@protonmail.com.

Here's the original post on reddit from PSSD network:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/ ... ra_us_and/
bupropioninducedPSSD

Re: BBC Looking for people to appear on camera (US and UK)

Unread post by bupropioninducedPSSD »

Just giving this a bump as we can't get awareness without media coverage.

I guess I can't participate as my SD came from Bupropion....but I do think in the long run we will recognize it's not just SSRI's and SNRI's that cause pleasureless orgasms and all of the other symptoms we're familiar with. In any case, one step at a time.