Major crash after healing for almost 4 years

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Yellow99

Major crash after healing for almost 4 years

Unread post by Yellow99 »

Hey guys,

I‘ve had pssd for almost 4 years and over the years I got really better. It was so gradual and slow that I almost didn’t realize it but looking back I really got a lot better over those 4 years. My sex life was the best it has ever been 1 month ago even better than before pssd. It’s kind of hard to describe but since loosing a lot of sensibility in my clitoris my vagina made up for it. It was really sensible and I was at a point where I was in peace with this condition even though it never returned to my pre ssri state.

But since one month every progress was stolen from me and I‘m even worse off now than in the beginning of getting pssd.

This is how it happened:
I had to take antibiotics for a vaginal infection. I was thinking about taking them for MONTHS. I was scared of making anything worse, because y‘all know that anything can make this condition worse. But this infection was already persisting for months so I decided to give some antibiotics that you put directly in the vagina instead of taking orally a chance. Since I checked the forum/Reddit and generally the internet if anyone experienced a crash from this and I didn’t find anything I was okay to take it. I was really scared but all the 6 days of taking them everything was normal. Then on the last day of taking them I drank an arab coffee with Cardamom. At this time I didn’t know that there was Cardamom inside because I already read before here on the forum that it can cause crashes and I would not have drank it if I had known. So then the following days my libido declined to almost nothing.. which is really weird because even with pssd my libido was always fine. My main symptoms were always the genital numbness. After a few more days I start getting more numb than usual, I had this little part on my clitoris that was still sensible before that but then it also went numb and I started panicking. First I thought it was the meds but then I also read that there was Cardamom in the coffee and I really can’t tell what caused it. I tried to keep calm and wait if it would get better on its own but instead of getting better it got worse. I literally lost the last part of my clitoris that was sensible. Over the next two weeks the tissue started to disappear. Now there is literally nothing sensible left anymore only the tiniest bit but I really have to use a lot of friction and pressure to feel any kind of pleasure. My vagina is also completely numb. I had sex with my boyfriend today for the first time in two weeks and I wish I could cry because it felt like NOTHING when we were having sex. But I can’t even really cry because also my emotions are kind of numbed. And I also noticed that I just can’t feel my whole lower body so good. I even when I go to the toilet it’s hard to control the contractions.

I am devastated and desperate for hope. I try to stay positive because there’s no other option for me but I would be very happy for every answer here. Maybe someone experienced something similar? I feel so lost right now.. AGAIN. The worst thing is that I had already accepted my pssd state, I learned how to live with it and then it gets worse :cry:

What do you think caused this crash? The antibiotics or the Cardamom in the coffee? I know it’s just speculation because I can’t tell myself but I‘m curious about your opinions.

P.S.: The antibiotics were called Fluomizin (active substance: Dequalinium chloride )
HzeTmy

Re: Major crash after healing for almost 4 years

Unread post by HzeTmy »

Physical assessment such body weight and eye opening and hair appearance; the neuromaturation of reflexes like righting, rotating, and cliff avoidance reflexes; learning ability and memory retention; estimation of monoamines neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin, non-enzymatic oxidative stress such as TBARS and GSH in forebrain at different ages of pups). The results indicated that the body weight gain was declining significantly. Hair appearance and eyes opening were delayed significantly.

From https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29379379/

I think both harmed you. How is your diet & gut health ?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Yellow99 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:58 am Hey guys,

I‘ve had pssd for almost 4 years and over the years I got really better. It was so gradual and slow that I almost didn’t realize it but looking back I really got a lot better over those 4 years. My sex life was the best it has ever been 1 month ago even better than before pssd. It’s kind of hard to describe but since loosing a lot of sensibility in my clitoris my vagina made up for it. It was really sensible and I was at a point where I was in peace with this condition even though it never returned to my pre ssri state.

But since one month every progress was stolen from me and I‘m even worse off now than in the beginning of getting pssd.

This is how it happened:
I had to take antibiotics for a vaginal infection. I was thinking about taking them for MONTHS. I was scared of making anything worse, because y‘all know that anything can make this condition worse. But this infection was already persisting for months so I decided to give some antibiotics that you put directly in the vagina instead of taking orally a chance. Since I checked the forum/Reddit and generally the internet if anyone experienced a crash from this and I didn’t find anything I was okay to take it. I was really scared but all the 6 days of taking them everything was normal. Then on the last day of taking them I drank an arab coffee with Cardamom. At this time I didn’t know that there was Cardamom inside because I already read before here on the forum that it can cause crashes and I would not have drank it if I had known. So then the following days my libido declined to almost nothing.. which is really weird because even with pssd my libido was always fine. My main symptoms were always the genital numbness. After a few more days I start getting more numb than usual, I had this little part on my clitoris that was still sensible before that but then it also went numb and I started panicking. First I thought it was the meds but then I also read that there was Cardamom in the coffee and I really can’t tell what caused it. I tried to keep calm and wait if it would get better on its own but instead of getting better it got worse. I literally lost the last part of my clitoris that was sensible. Over the next two weeks the tissue started to disappear. Now there is literally nothing sensible left anymore only the tiniest bit but I really have to use a lot of friction and pressure to feel any kind of pleasure. My vagina is also completely numb. I had sex with my boyfriend today for the first time in two weeks and I wish I could cry because it felt like NOTHING when we were having sex. But I can’t even really cry because also my emotions are kind of numbed. And I also noticed that I just can’t feel my whole lower body so good. I even when I go to the toilet it’s hard to control the contractions.

I am devastated and desperate for hope. I try to stay positive because there’s no other option for me but I would be very happy for every answer here. Maybe someone experienced something similar? I feel so lost right now.. AGAIN. The worst thing is that I had already accepted my pssd state, I learned how to live with it and then it gets worse :cry:

What do you think caused this crash? The antibiotics or the Cardamom in the coffee? I know it’s just speculation because I can’t tell myself but I‘m curious about your opinions.

P.S.: The antibiotics were called Fluomizin (active substance: Dequalinium chloride )
Is the infection resolved? Long term infection is obviously not good fo feel down there...it is a body natural reaction to make you tolerate pain.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Yellow99

Unread post by Yellow99 »

[/quote]
Is the infection resolved? Long term infection is obviously not good fo feel down there...it is a body natural reaction to make you tolerate pain.
[/quote]

Yes
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

The antibiotic you have taken act only locally. It doesn't penetrate blood brain barrier to cause emotional numbing.
mhugh

Unread post by mhugh »

What are you talking about ?

If you type in Cardamom in the search of this forum there are only 4 results including yours.
Nowhere does it say it promotes crashes I've even found reports on reddit that it contributed to curing some one.
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

Did you notice a difference when taking it orally for months?
antibiotics can improve libido for a few days, I have already experienced it and others too on reddit (here I don't know if there have been this type of shared experience).
I have never taken antibiotics for months but I think that the antibiotic can, by what "magic" I don't know, perhaps by modifying the intestinal microbiota, perhaps by making the intestinal lumen more acidic, influenced the communication between the vagus nerve and the brain.
certain types of bacteria communicate via neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine, butyrate, gaba etcetera, with enterocytes.
we also have neurons in the intestines that transmit information to the brain via the vagus nerve.
Better communication via the vagus nerve may have improved your libido for months.
It's a hypothesis eh.
the antibiotic in your vagina has certainly disrupted the vaginal flora there.
this flora certainly also has the capacity to communicate via neurons or nerve endings.
give time for the lining of this vagina to recover from this aggressive treatment.
ps I don't know how a vagina is maintained.
I'm a man but I think you should have switched to probiotics designed specifically for the vaginal flora a while ago.
If it concerns candida albicans, you should eat less carbohydrates because yeast loves sugar.
myself when I take amoxicilin/clavulanic acid, for a few days my glans is very sensitive or even burns and then I have a yeast infection but everything returns to normal 10 days later with Daktarin gyneco or miconazole.
Certain antibiotics can also affect the serotonergic system.
I don't know about the one you inserted into your vagina.
Can you tell us which one you were taking for months please?
did you have dysbiosis, IBS before taking oral antibiotics and during treatment, did you have diarrhea?
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

sylv wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:02 am The antibiotic you have taken act only locally.
i'm sorry to say that but i don't think it's true.
Any substance you apply to your skin enters your body and travels through the bloodstream.

It doesn't penetrate blood brain barrier to cause emotional numbing.
and again it's false, certains antibiotics can act on the serotonergic system and even if other molecules cannot pass the blood-brain barrier, they can act on bacteria that communicate with the brain or produce differents neurotransmitters.
Last edited by Titeuf on Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Titeuf

Unread post by Titeuf »

mhugh wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:08 pm What are you talking about ?

If you type in Cardamom in the search of this forum there are only 4 results including yours.
Nowhere does it say it promotes crashes I've even found reports on reddit that it contributed to curing some one.
Cardamom has many antidepressant effects. it contains MAOIs and other substances but is the quantity in a single coffee sufficient to cause an effect?
maybe?! some people have been on SSRI treatment and never had PSSD. Others have only taken it for one day and have symptoms. If cardamom contains molecules that can act on receptors and neurotransmitters, then yes even a small amount could have affected her enough for her to feel the difference in addition to what she has already lost before.
This is why we come here and why we fight to recognize what others have not experienced and who believe that we are talking nonsense.