Changes in cardio, heart rate and HRV after PSSD

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Terabithia

Changes in cardio, heart rate and HRV after PSSD

Unread post by Terabithia »

I’ve experienced drastic changes in heart related and other body markers after experiencing PSSD.

Before:
Resting heart rate: >90 bpm, sometimes upwards of 120 just walking around.
HRV: <30
Whenever i’d go for runs I would get out of breath really fast and feel my heart pumping out of my chest.

After:
Resting heart rate: <70 bpm
HRV: >60, a heart rate variability this high for me was unheard of before. I used to regularly check after waking and it would be 10-30 which was ridiculously low and indicative of sympathetic arousal.
Now whenever I run I feel like a beast compared to before. I don’t get out of breath as fast and minimally feel my heart beating. Even in daily life I never feel the sensations of my heart like I used to before getting PSSD.

The shift was sudden as though my heart shifted into a different gear by itself. I constantly felt very sympathetically aroused but now I feel as though my parasympathetic nervous system is functioning for the first time in my life.

Other bodily changes are that my bladder is incredibly relaxed now as compared to before. I used to feel the urge to urinate every 2 hours and the urge was strong but now I could go 24 hours and only urinate a couple times a day. I don’t even feel the urge to use the washroom after waking up whereas before I used to wake up multiple times at night to use the washroom. My whole pelvic floor feels so much more relaxed and I can’t flex individual parts of my pelvic floor the way I used to be able to when I did kegel exercises. My erections aren’t as strong and rigid as they used to be. Before PSSD my erections would happen instantly and my penis would point straight up and there was no way for me to push it down without tearing a muscle at the base of my penis.

Some other changes i’ve made trying to tackle PSSD that may have caused these changes are regular magnesium supplementation and occasional use of zinc, iodine, selenium and boron. I’ve also increased my thyroid medication dosage and my TSH levels are more optimal now as compared to before PSSD.

Does anyone have similar experiences especially when it comes to heart function and bodily sensations?