I'm back to paroxetine… again

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
tonyareias

I'm back to paroxetine… again

Unread post by tonyareias »

Note: Always have delayed ejaculation when taking SSRI, improved with lower dose, and almost all sex problems disappears when stop (slowly) the SSRI. Don’t have persistent PSSD. After SSRI the only thing I complain is the unstable erection sometimes.

After 1 year without paroxetine, having a great sex life, anxiety (with mild panic attacks) returned and i’m taking again a SSRI med.

What I try before start SSRI med (for 4 weeks):

- Valium (benzo), help a lot but don’t fixed, with time needed to take everyday and upping dosing. Works very well as S.O.S / temporary.
- Low (2.5mg) SSRI as needed (not everyday), improve but don’t help, still need benzo.

No bad sexual effects with this approach.

Without success fixing the anxiety have to take SSRI everyday (try low dosing first, 2.5mg):

[Week 1] After 2-3 days the ejaculation becomes delayed, also feel some loss of sensibility
[Week 2] All sexual complaints becoming improved with time

Anxiety improved but still unstable in some situations, not fixed.

Without success fixing the anxiety have to upper the dosing SSRI (10mg):

[Week 1] After first days ejaculation becomes impossible, loss of sensibility and desire, no morning wood, unstable erection
[Week 2] Ejaculation still impossible but sensations becomes improved, good erection during sex
[Week 3] Ejaculation very difficult but improved, big load after some days, very good erection and morning wood is returning
[Week 4] Ejaculation delayed but possible, big load after 30-60min but only with self / manual job, very good erection, morning wood, desire increased

The anxiety is fixed now. No panic attacks, no nauseas, no fear situations, … sexual life is improving with time, but from my past experiences ejaculation continue to have some mild issues until dose reducing and fixed after stop the med.

Coming weeks I will try to add-on Buspirone (as needed or everyday) and see the improvements.
arahant

Re: I'm back to paroxetine… again

Unread post by arahant »

If you intense symptoms are mostly anxiety and panic attacks, why going to SSRI first instead of buspirone alone first? The main downside is having to take it 2-3x a day.
You gotta have guts to touch SSRI again...
Best
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

arahant wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:56 am
This is not that unusual. It's actually what many people with PSSD on survivingantidepressants.org do ( then lower dosage slowly ).
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

arahant wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:56 am If you intense symptoms are mostly anxiety and panic attacks, why going to SSRI first instead of buspirone alone first? The main downside is having to take it 2-3x a day.
Best
I tryed Buspirone some years ago first but not worked. Become hypersexual and anxious. Buspirone is mild anxiety med, for me with very bad physical symptoms is not enough.