New RxISK blog post: Remind Your Sister to get Vaccinated

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8

Re: New RxISK blog post: Remind Your Sister to get Vaccinated

Unread post by frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 »

Thanks for advice Jaxx, I have saved it right after posting, but r/pssd isn't less "evil" by any means, they have this Jesus-promoting "people do recover" guy as a moderator who deletes (or refuses to approve if automod deletes) people's posts all the time with no reason specified, also when people use the word "damage" he forces them to edit their posts to replace with something of his own choice as well as forces other edits. He claims that "this is not censorship". So various people get triggered by various things, for example you get triggered when someone talks negatively about the "entire profession" of psychiatry, which was evident when you deleted the whole "the honest psychiatrist" topic by anacleta, as well as my opinion that "psychiatry should be banned".

I will not even say something like "Healy is not antivaxx" because the word "antivaxx" is bs in the first place, it was artificially inserted into English language in early 2000s and later popularized to shut down the discussions like above. I agree that article is irrelevant to pssd forum but I don't see why it is "bullshit" and how "Healy profits from misery". "Even if that bulshit was true it doesn't make anything else true by association." - here I don't know what you mean.
omar90

Unread post by omar90 »

I really think its important we make efforts to distance ourselves from any discussions regarding vaccinations. If PSSD is connected to anti-vax movements in the eyes of the public, we may as well give up on official recognition of our condition and public pressure to fund research into a cure. More and more journalists are taking an interest in PSSD and politicians are beginning to listen as well. We can't risk turning them off helping us.
Fluoxetine 2008-13, PSSD thereafter

Condition worsened after 4 weeks on Setraline in 2014
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

There's nothing antivaxx about this article.
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

I have to admit that, aside from the vaccination post, I see the problem that the RxISK website doesn’t look very “trustworthy”. The headlines and pictures they choose look “funny” and are misleading just too often.

The texts are not at all objective and rather look like some dubious blog entry than anything that an expert would take seriously. Apart from that, it has happened to me more than once that I tried to verify information that was presented bluntly and then I had to learn that in the research paper that was given as a source, the information was not to be found because RxISKs had exaggerated in an unscientific way.

I just think that they often choose an unfavorable way of addressing serious issues. It’s a pity because if they tried to present their “messages” in a more serious way, they would attract much more attention of the science community.
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

Numby wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:16 am I have to admit that, aside from the vaccination post, I see the problem that the RxISK website doesn’t look very “trustworthy”. The headlines and pictures they choose look “funny” and are misleading just too often.

The texts are not at all objective and rather look like some dubious blog entry than anything that an expert would take seriously. Apart from that, it has happened to me more than once that I tried to verify information that was presented bluntly and then I had to learn that in the research paper that was given as a source, the information was not to be found because RxISKs had exaggerated in an unscientific way.

I just think that they often choose an unfavorable way of addressing serious issues. It’s a pity because if they tried to present their “messages” in a more serious way, they would attract much more attention of the science community.
such as "almost 100% of those taking a single ssri pill experience some degree of genital numbness within half an hour"... source? his clinical experience and some hypotheses passed off as established truth. it also becomes difficult to link to the PSSD information page to introduce the topic to doctors.

i have repeatedly read negative opinions about the content of rxisk's posts, for example a "it's a delirium" referring to the attempt to link pssd thalidomide cancer and so on and so forth. several negative impressions also about the unscientific and esoteric appearance of rxisk. just think of the images accompanying the posts such as the "holy grail" one, or other propaganda-style compositions that should be symbolic, but are so in a cold, instrumental and soulless, uninvolving way.

it is easy to notice a very personal amusement of the author underlying the idea of certain compositions, as well as in the frequent wordplay (which also makes the topics lose their seriousness), and this is not appreciated by many people who have no desire to joke or to be joked around certain serious topics that touch them personally.

beyond the levels of scientificity, the few images and words that touch (and come from) the heart (as of hope or compassion) on that blog come from people other than the main author, who for his part would like to exalt himself with some crime or victim hunger strike that brings the topic to the media.

other opinion read: "unclear, as always" in reference to the ideas he puts forth when he wants to engage other people, but he still seems immersed in his dream world.

in any case, important steps in the recognition of pssd have seen his contribution and persistence, as well as a large number of articles in the literature, although I have noticed that the growing number of authors interested in PSSD do not like to mention those articles in their bibliography, preferring other ones (especially A. Bala's 2017 literature review), perhaps because they notice little scientificity or because they are aware of some reputation of the author.

I hope rxisk continues to focus on pssd, but also that pssd ends up in better hands.