This researcher basically induces PSSD in his patients using SSRI’s. He thinks the “deviant” pathways are being pruned.

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Terabithia

This researcher basically induces PSSD in his patients using SSRI’s. He thinks the “deviant” pathways are being pruned.

Unread post by Terabithia »

https://www.nytimes.com/2000/11/19/maga ... ddict.html

It’s not clear the mechanism by which these patients are cured of their “deviance”, but a possibility is that the deviant pathways are pruned leaving only normal sexual function. If this is the case then it sounds like PSSD is irreversible. Maybe our hyper sexuality is represented and targeted as a deviant pathway in the brain. In essence, we have been chemically castrated.
Katana

Re: This researcher basically induces PSSD in his patients using SSRI’s. He thinks the “deviant” pathways are being prun

Unread post by Katana »

This person might have clear understanding of what is going on with these drugs.
alteredhomeostasis

Re: This researcher basically induces PSSD in his patients using SSRI’s. He thinks the “deviant” pathways are being prun

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

Bunch of hoopla in my opinion.

It’s well known that when you remove ssris from sexual deviants they 99% go back to sexual deviancy. There is no brain damage from ssris, there is just epigenetic changes. They are potentially reversible but we are just poking around in the dark right now.

Stay positive
Katana

Unread post by Katana »

They go back but seems like some people might not metabolize some of its metabolites and due to higher concentrations it damages and hence never goes back.

For me up to 20 mg prozac i could go back to pre state when i stopped but when i went up to 30 mg , i got sexual dysfunction and never even after 5 years went back to normal. Seems like some damage