SJW gave me PSSD

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Terabithia

SJW gave me PSSD

Unread post by Terabithia »

I was on an SSRI for less than a month and had no sexual side effects. Everything was normal until a few months later I decided to try SJW. I took 900mg a day for 2 weeks from CanadianProtein until I realized my penis was completely numb and shrivelled up. I felt as though my mind was completely blank. I could watch the most horrifying movie and not be affected by it. Zero anxiety. Zero fear. Zero worries about anything. I could barely recall memories and any emotional connection to anything was completely severed. It was as though I was born again with a wiped clean slate except my penis was not working.

It’s been a couple months since then and I’ve recovered some sensation by taking Cyproheptadine. I still don’t get spontaneous erections whereas before I could prompt one to occur almost at will just by using my thoughts. I would say everything is now functioning at about 40% capacity compared to my baseline. The muscles? tendons? that connect to the base of my penis seem very weakened because before when I’d get an erection it would stand straight up rigidly against my stomach and be almost impossible to push down because of how tight those muscles were pulling. I used to do kegel exercises and very easily squeeze the muscles related to my penis vs the ones more further back. Now I am barely able to squeeze the proper muscles but I can easily squeeze the ones further back. It’s as though the connection between my penis and brain is severed.

When I think sexual thoughts or remember sexual memories it’s incredibly hard to do so. The memories have no sexual effect on me anymore and do nothing to promote desire. While I was taking SJW I remember feeling that I was becoming asexual because I had no lust, desire, attraction for women anymore. It was very scary to look at something or someone I had always been attracted to and feel absolutely nothing. This effect has persisted but maybe it’s gotten a little better.

Since then I’ve had a couple of orgasms that I’d say are about 80% of my baseline. I’ve had a couple days where it felt like sensation was mostly back. I’ve had a couple days where I had morning wood. I think something chemical happened in the brain to cause this but i’m struggling to understand how it all connects together.
Katana

Re: SJW gave me PSSD

Unread post by Katana »

Cyproheptadine why does this cure, who told you to take this. Perhaps yes antihistamines drugs have partially cured me too.