My Acute Tryptophan Depletion Trial

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
ElaineBenes5

My Acute Tryptophan Depletion Trial

Unread post by ElaineBenes5 »

Update: DO NOT TRY THIS YOU COULD ACTUALLY DIE. Wound up in the hospital with serious heart issues and did not sleep for 4 days straight. Do not try any experiments.

9/19 Ate only apples, plain applesauce, corn pasta and zucchini, eggplant, salted popcorn
9/20 Ate only apples, plain applesauce, zucchini and tomato, marshmallows, peaches, drank 2 scoops Vital Proteins beef gelatin with all amino acids except for tryptophan, salted popcorn
9/21 Drank gelatin mixture and ate nothing else as of 3:30pm

Notes: Not noticing any great difference. I feel a slight uptick in libido and interest in engaging in self pleasurable activities. Time to climax is less, which is a good thing as delayed climax has been a major PSSD issue. Climax itself remains very muted. Emotions do not feel different. I am however, very hungry. I might be noticing a slight increase in feeling more connected with the world, but this is negligible if at all.

At this point, do I continue the trial and supplement with l-tyrosine and continue drinking the gelatin mixture and eating low tryptophan foods. OR do I scrap it and eat a delicious burger.
Last edited by ElaineBenes5 on Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rmichaelballow

Re: My Acute Tryptophan Depletion Trial

Unread post by rmichaelballow »

You'll ultimately notice no recovery from tryptophan depletion. If excessive serotonin was the issue, the condition would be solved by now. There are plenty of ways to lower it - which by the way you don't want to do.

Eat the burger.
ElaineBenes5

Re: My Acute Tryptophan Depletion Trial

Unread post by ElaineBenes5 »

LOL. Yeah, I ate the burger.
rmichaelballow wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:35 pm You'll ultimately notice no recovery from tryptophan depletion. If excessive serotonin was the issue, the condition would be solved by now. There are plenty of ways to lower it - which by the way you don't want to do.

Eat the burger.